JellyPages.com

Monday, January 01, 2018

Inspired by... December 2017 with Rumpus


... Alien Spore by Nicole Dreyer - The colored one is on the cover of my 5th Tangle Journal - upside-down.


Inspired by... Alien Spore with Zinger, Henna Drum and Tripple stones
Patterns: Alien Spore, Zinger, Henna Drum, Tipple stones

Inspired by... Alien Spore with Mooka, Zinger, Tipple, Printemps, Fescu
Patterns: Alien Spore, Mooka, Zinger, Tipple, Printemps, Fescu



... Rumpus. It was another 12-Days-of-December new tangle by Zentangle HQ. I admit the tangle didn't flow easily from my pen albeit intense practice. Then I changed my approach to drawing circles and now this tangle does not give me headaches anymore.


Inspired by... Rumpus
Pattern: Rumpus



Here my approach to Rumpus: it works better for me if I outline with big circles where the leaves go.


Inspired by... Rumpus string
Rumpus tangle string



This is actually one of my Rumpus practices once I got the circle idea. I was surprised how much easier it was and instead of starting all over (and on drawing paper) I erased all the ugly pencil sketches around it and inked and colored what I considered the OK parts.


Inspired by... Rumpus - from rough practice sketch to color
Pattern: Rumpus - from rough practice sketch to color



The following Rumpus tile after I had some more practices...I started to "get it".


Inspired by...Rumpus
Pattern: Rumpus




...Joey's Blob on her 'Kids' art week at Carla Sonheim on her old blog dated July 25th, 2017.


Inspired by... Joey's Blob added tangle Nymph, Sez, Printemps, Tipple
Patterns: Nymph, Sez, Printemps, Tipple


Joey's blob
Joey's blob



... Joey's weekly challenge #195, string provided by Margarete, a Snowflake for the Christmas tree. I didn't quite meet the string nor the tangle Jax, let alone producing something worthwhile although I tried. Twice! Oh, well, I'll try next year again.


Inspired by... a Joey weekly challenge tangle used Jax, but mainly x-mas red, some stippling
Patterns: X-mas Red, Jax, Stippling


Inspired by... X-mas Red, some Jax, Beadlines
Same as above with strings of beadlines



... a simple Christmas card. Am not much into Christmas, but when I saw a simple Christmas tree card I had to tangle it. I used the tangle Static, an official tangle (created by whom), which I don't see drawn often.


Inspired by... Static Christmas Trees
Pattern: Static



...Poinsettia by Ekaterina Berezhnaya. It was a tangle that caught my eye and I did a quick small season's tile with a candle. I had it the wrong side up when I signed and dated it. So the question arose: What makes less sense the date upside-down or the candle?


Inspired by... Poinsettia, X-mas Red and a candle
Patterns: Poinsettia, Xmas Red, and a candle




Three tangles from my December refreshers bunch. Batumber by Kelley Kelly (#167); Sati by Jem Miller (aka Ragged Ray) (#159); and Flovine by Lin Chiu (#123) - just because I think they are great tangles.


Patterns: Flovine, Batumber, Sati



My try on Embedded Letter suggested by KTT015. It was also one of Joey's December challenges. It is so obvious that my heart was not in it.


Inspired by...Hidden Letter S among Printemps, Pokeroot, Henna Drum, Crescent Moon, Shattuck, Knightsbridge, Antidots
Patterns: Letter S hidden among Printemps, Pokeroot, Henna Drum,
Crescent Moon, Shattuck, Knightsbridge, Antidots





10 comments:

  1. Now, it is me, who is a bit jealous, so many beautiful tiles in so few time. I'm in love with your two Rumpus tiles, my Gosh Susie, they are gorgeous!!! What a wonderfull start of the new year.
    Let's have fun in 2018!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ria. Yes, Rumpus is the other new tangle I fell in love with and once I got to draw the big circles first, Rumpus fell in place just like that. I am waiting for the Rumpus challenge to see all the variations people come up with.

      Delete
  2. Your work is so inspirational. Thanks for the Rumpus tip and I love your version of Rumpus! May you have a lovely and productive 2018.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan, I, too, am looking forward to 2018 and especially to the Rumpus tiles you and others will be showing us. Off to a fantastic new tangling year.

      Delete
  3. Your Rumpus tiles are wonderful, Susie! I will try this pattern sometimes, it seems very interesting. Also I like your other tiles, especially the "snowflakes", they are very creative. The first looks like snow in a winter night, the second seems like it is melting on the first growing plant in springtime.
    I wish you a inspired and healthy new year full of creativity and such wonderful tangles every day! Best wishes from Germany, Margarete

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Margarete, thank you so much for your lovely comment. I tried to get something for your star contribution, but my head was elsewhere. (Excuses, excuses, excuses). I, too, wish you a tangle-happy 2018. I am sure we will 'see' each other aplenty. Greetings from sunny, breezy Thailand.

      Delete
  4. What a gorgeous collection of creativity you've shared here. Each one is so cool:-)
    I've been a bit lax in my challenge participation and with the Diva hiatus I'm slowly making my way through blogs I normally linky to.
    Happy New Year to you Susie and Cheers to a year of creative adventure;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michele. You are not alone. I was off screen for a few months, but it is all 'count me in' for 2018 again. I am looking forward to the challenges and the visiting of your and other tanglers' sites. Happy New Year to you, too, Michele.

      Delete
  5. I love your creativity and the way you fearlessly think of alternative ways to approach a tangle if at first it doesn't resonate for you. Love your Rumpus. I also so appreciate the many variations you produce, all of which are inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, M. I think of tangles as basic standards for us to elaborate and expand. I seem to do that automatically unless a tangle hits me smack bang in the middle of the face. Also, I never draw a new tangle off its hanger and into my tile. I always play with it to get a feel for it. I did that while working my way through the refreshers, too.

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave a message if you have time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...