JellyPages.com

Sunday, March 04, 2018

DIVA 353, IAST 232, Joey's 205 and Bubble Heart


I try to keep it short. Here my IAST #232 tile with Roloflex and Inapod. Roloflex is one of those tangles I would have never drawn out of my own free will. It needed a challenge by Adele Bruno to make me realize what a beautiful tangle it is. Thanks, Adele.


IAST challenge #232 with Tangle Patterns Roloflex, Inapod
Tangle Patterns: Roloflex, Inapod



Joey's challenge #205 this week was, I believe, the 'Curls' part of her 6-week theme "Ribbons and Curls". Andromeda was the given tangle. No further words needed except, this is one of my very few tiles that actually look "rounded up" or "finished".


Joey's weekly challenge #205 with Tangle Patterns: Andromeda, Finery, Mooka, ServRing, Florz, Pixioze
Tangle Patterns: Andromeda, Finery, Mooka, ServRing, Florz, Pixioze



DIVA #353 was a Heart Zendala. I didn't draw a Zendala, but then neither did the DIVA draw an obvious heart so I figured it is OK to still call it 'my this week's DIVA challenge tile'. I used only one tangle, my own, Bubble Heart. I drew Bubble Heart the first on a 6.5 by 6.5 cm glued together coffee packaging, Moccona Classic, tile (this is no ad). It is a very dark red, wine red, but I was surprised when I added the silver gritter nail polish. Jeez, I hope your monitor shows you what mine shows me!


Tangle Pattern: Bubble Heart
Tangle Pattern: Bubble Heart


My DIVA tile:

DIVA challenge #353 with Tangle Patterns: Bubble Heart, Fescu-Zinger
Tangle Patterns: Bubble Heart, Fescu-Zinger



This week I also tried my luck with Wholly Hollibaugh. Actually Wholly Hollibaugh was my initial idea for DIVA's last Heart challenge for February. However, my pen couldn't read my absolutely fantastic idea I had in my mind so I buried it. Now it is my very first Wholly Hollibaugh tangle attempt.


Heart shape with Tangle Patterns: Wholly Hollibaugh
Tangle Patterns: Wholly Hollibaugh



This tile I made while we all were on the Rumpus trip.


Tangle Patterns: Rumpus, Drogon, Irma
Tangle Patterns: Rumpus, Drogon, Irma



This is B'twined. A simple tile, drawn with a white gel pen on black paper cut to size. Nobody would give this tile a place on any webpage, but I did because this is my very first tile I drew without using a pencil first. I pencil EVERYTHING!!!! ... even Tipple. This is also a first that my white gel pen works. Isn't that funny...weird funny.


Tangle Pattern: B'Twined
Tangle Pattern: B'Twined




Animal Happy Day - with two videos

Watching the first one, I cried like a leaking tap - but for all the good reasons!!!
A few posts ago I wrote about Viktor, a vet in Spain and Elektra, the cat who had a stick pushed up her throat into her spine. Elektra survived the risky OP, but died of a contracted virus a couple of days later. Elektra had loving parents and in this video Viktor documents what they did after their tragic loss. If we only had more of these kind of people!!!



The second video stars a dog named PACO, abandonned, found, and now enjoying the most incredible adventures together with his new dad. These two are made for each other!!!



Enjoy!






18 comments:

  1. Wow Susie, again I'm impressed by the wonderful tiles you show us. Let's begin with the first one and my favorite of the week with lovely colours a gorgeous drawn Roloflex.Congratulations for the second one, you have found a very unique and absolute stunning compositon for this challenge! On the third one I do like that little glitter touch and I see it very clear. I like the next tile too, so cheerful and pleasant to see and than your Wholly Hollibaugh, that is wonderful what you did, especially that piece of a heart cut out in the layer behind, never seen. To finish with the two last ones, I can't believe where you get all these inspiration they are original too, especially the one with Rumpus shows again how good you can play with really every tangle!!!
    Fantastic Susie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Ria, thank you so much for your generous comment. I am happy you like the first 2 tiles. One was easy, with the other I struggled a bit after having seen yours. Yes, Joey's. But the dark red one was an enormous surprise to me. I tried to gel fill the bubbles, but the ink wouldn't dry, even after hours. So I figured, I 'glue' the gel to the tile with nail polish. That worked! But I also noticed that the glitter in the nail polish actually stood out of the tile. And for a change, this 3D effect didn't get lost in the photo. From now on I will drink a lot of Moccona coffee!!! LOL

      Delete
  2. This week you did a lot of wonderful work, Susie! Awesome - I'm excited!!! I love the first tile and the dark red hearts with the glamorous silver glimmer! Also, or just because the hearts look a bit bombastic on the dark red, this tile looks wonderful. And all the other "exercises" are just great! Especially the zendala and the Rumpus tile. Congratulations on this great weekly output!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you should have seen my eyes pop when I used that nail polish on the red tile. As I mentioned above, the glitter looks a mile off the tile.
      Thanks so much for visiting and leaving your very kind comment, Margarete.

      Delete
  3. First... all your tiles are fabulous! I L💜VE your Bubble Heart.... Great tangle! I love the composition and design of your Wholly Hollibaugh Heart! And... my eyes are leaking!... I remember Electra. 💞 Wonderful vids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Deanne, thanks so much for watching the videos. I would place more Viktor videos, but they are mostly around 10 min and I know people have a life other than watching crippled dogs or mistreated cats. But when it has a good ending....ah, I so much hoped Elektra would pull through. Anyway, many thanks for your lovely words.

      Delete
  4. Love your tiles, they are amazing! My favorites are the very first one, and the one using Wholly Hollibaugh. I had just discovered it a few minutes before coming to your site, and was delighted to see your use of it.

    But more than the tiles, I am totally in love with the little adventurous dog, Paco! So happy that you posted that video, thank you!!

    JoyceB.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. High 5 for Paco, right?! You may argue his present life is a bit dangerous, but compared to dying of thirst and hunger in the hot desert, base jumping wins the argument anytime. Plus I love how his new dad reads Paco so correctly and can offer him a life that so much suits this energetic little pup. Thanks so much for your kind words on my tiles, Joyce.

      Delete
  5. Wow Susie! These tiles are gorgeous!! The IAST tile with Roloflex is so beautifully drawn and I love the colors. The wavey lines dangling from the Roloflex is a wonderful touch. The shading and detail on the Joey tile are also fabulous, and I love the blue pixioze. Also, I'm in love with the green color on the yellow rumpus tile. It looks textured, like shiny river rocks, or a mosaic of green pebbles. Lovely work on all the tiles. Its always a pleasure to see your tiles each week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your very kind words, Lisa. Shading. I wished I had YOUR talent, or at least your stumps (don't want to be too greedy). They are magical from what I can see on your tiles every week. Lisa, I will never match your creativity, not even come close to it, but let it be known that your top of the line tiles make me stop and think.

      Delete
  6. A huge WOW from me too, Susie! I keep looking at your work this week. That glitter on the red tile, what a brilliant idea.
    Do you really pencil every tangle first???? For now: have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anne! YESSSS! You saw it, too. It is very difficult to capture glitter with a photo. I think it might be the red paper that helped. I still can't believe how it turned out.
      And here my second 'yes', but not so big and decisive. Who wants to confess to penciling everything and lift the head proudly? I think it is the perfectionist in me. Hard to get rid of, Anne.

      Delete
  7. I haven't dared to try (time, lack of practice) Wholly Hollibaugh yet, but yours is great. And I can see the silver sparkles on the red tiles! For me, the most interesting thing about all these beauties was your comment that you pencil everything. I had no idea but always wondered how you achieved such precision. Great stuff. (I may be caught up with your blog at this point--have to check whether that is true, and if it is, I will move on to the other zillion blogs by other people that I've saved while on my self-imposed "internet blackout.")

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for visiting all my blogs you missed since you disappeared into oblivion, Meridiana. As I mentioned before, you are definitely a unique tangler!!!! Yes, you are up-to-date. Also, I decided not to send so many blogs anymore. I will keep it to weeklies only, with a few exceptions (just in case you are off for months again, my dear 😛😛😛). As for Wholly Hollibaugh: In a way I liked it although this particular tile is only a first try. I am sure soon we will see tons of different line shapes as well as knock-out shapes.
      Yes, my pencil work. I don't necessarily do exact detail work (like repeating lines), but I AM the biggest cheater there is in the world of Zentangle! (Ouch! this confession hurt!!!)

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave a message if you have time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...