JellyPages.com

Sunday, August 11, 2019

IAST 299, 300; Square One; and my first Hump Day 8


This is my first participation on the newly born challenge Hump Day - #8 - by Suzanne Fluhr. This first of the month challenge flies the theme 'Tangle Choice', or, we can chose our own tangles. I am not good at choosing tangles let alone combining, but ever since I saw Star-Fanleaf on Margarete's website, a tile she drew following Ela's challenge #1469, I knew one day I will draw it. Star-Fanleaf is joined by yet another new tangle I liked on the spot: Gelijoy. The background was a bit empty so I made a bubble brush in Photoshop and added some moisturizer to Star-Fanleaf.


Hump Day #8 with Star-Fanleaf and Gelijoy
Tangle Patterns: Star-Fanleaf, Gelijoy



IAST Challenge #299. With this challenge Adele gave me a tough nut to crack. 50th anniversary of the first lunar landing in human history, *July 24, 1969*. How 'on earth' do I represent this extraterrestrial event with tangles Zanglers, Croon, and Twirlies? I had time to think about it while I was busy in my small garden pulling out dead and half dead grass to be replaced by little stones. Finally an idea formed:

First: I need a background - space would be great, but I remembered I had a fireworks newspaper page I put away for a special event.

Second: The fireworks paper was too busy and intense in colors, it needed to be dulled; tracing paper for the tile would do the trick.

Third: Represent the moon landing with the given tangles. The string, signifying the most popular image ever taken, namely earth looked at from the moon, made me choose Croon, but I replaced the inner circle with continent shapes. Twirlies became my Apollo 11 rocket (and some stars). My attempt to draw Apollo 11 failed and it turned more into an alien  spaceship (so be it!). Finally it came to give Zanglers a position and I used it to draw some weird moon landscaping.

So here my tile for IAST #299, drawn on tracing paper which then was glued onto the fireworks newspaper image. The only thing missing are the 50 candles.


IAST challenge #299 with tangles Zanglers, Croon, Twirlies representing the 50th anniversary of Apollo 11 and its moon landing
Tangle Patterns: Zanglers, Croon, Twirlies



IAST challenge #300. Yet another milestone to celebrate in 2019: Adele's 300 - yes, three-hundreds!!! - Zentangle challenge. Congratulations to you, Adele, and thanks so much for your ongoing work you do for us tangler to indulge in! Her chosen tangles for this event are Ada, 100, and C-Perfs. I am one of many tanglers who is looking forward to the next 100 challenges Adele surprises us with.


IAST challenge #300 with tangles Ada, 100, and C-Perfs
Tangle Patterns: Ada, 100, C-Perfs



...and hence comes darkness over me. I worked on this Square One week July 26 with tangle Double Double (in a wonky grid) tile while watching a 'dark', historic sinister, movie. (Do I need to tell?) Then I realized the true story movie actually came from the same era and geographical area as the above. One being technically so advanced and futuristic; the other a reminder of the Middle Ages.


Square One week July 26 with tangle Double Double, accompanied by Brrrst
Tangle Patterns: Double Double, Brrrst



If you ever heard the 'mind over matter' joke you will not be surprised that, while listening to Enya, for this Double Double tile I got confused with Celtic knots.


Square one week July 26 with Double Double mixed with Celtic Knots
Tangle Patterns: Double Double mixed with Celtic Knots



Sometimes you get lost in the world of tangles and other times you get stuck with one and you draw it over and over and over because each time you finish a tile, another idea on how you could draw the tangle pops up. So all things being three, this is my getting stuck with tangle Double Double and this time it is truly only Double Double with just a bit of a different shading approach.


Tangle Patterns: Double Double




I like the above Double Double tile as it was, but saw all kinds of possibilities. So I put it into Photoshop and started filling and coloring it.

In the first tile I filled some empty spaces with black. In the second tile I filled all spaces with black and ran a gradient over those spaces. In the 3rd I filled in less black and a gradient just over the middle part of the tile. I like this the best as it has the best 3D effect.


Double Double black fills

Double Double with gradient

Double Double with square gradient




Square One week August 2 with tangle Cadent. At the bottom I used Cadent as a vessel and filled it with the tangle stormy Wind and Sails by Annette Ruempler, CZT.


Square One week August 2 with tangle Cadent, accompanied by Wind and Sails
Tangle Patterns: Cadent, Wind and Sails, Florz



And look who refuses to leave the stage. Yet another 100DayProject tile. No, no, not another failure, but an expectation. For me to avoid catch-up stress during this project I thought it a good idea to guess the tangle that might lie ahead. Pokeroot. Pokeroot must show up at one point as it is a fav for many tanglers and thus I started a tile. Today we know, it didn't.


Black Pokeroot
Tangle Patterns: black Pokeroot



Animal Very Happy Wild Days Ahead

In my younger years I was a scuba diving instructor for 11 years. During that time I only once (!) had an underwater encounter with a passing pod of dolphins in open water and it lasted but for a few seconds. What would I have given for an encounter like this!



Another "can you see the cat" image. This time I give you the brand name of the wild kitten: bobcat. Now all you need to know is what a bobcat looks like and possess the eyes to find it. If you can't claim either of the aforementioned but still want to see the kitten, click here.



Thanks for visiting and happy summer days to you.

"C.O.!" ... ... ... "C.O.!"... "C.O.! Wake up and meow something!"


I guess you can't make a sleeping cat meow you a goodbye.







No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...