JellyPages.com

Sunday, October 15, 2017

First Half October 2017 Refreshers


It was sometime last month when I realized - calculated - that at the rate I am going on my personal Zentangle challenge it will take me another 2-3 years to catch up with all the refreshers on the tanglepatterns.com site with each month two new ones being published. In order to get a big jump ahead, I sacrificed the month of October to my own personal theme: "31 October Days; 31 Zentangle Refresher Tiles!".

... and I did it!!!!

Here the first lot from October 1-15

October 1 - Refresher #54


Refresher #54 with Patterns: Keeko, Angelfish, Flourish, Cack, Girlande
Patterns: Keeko, Angelfish, Flourish, Cack, Girlande



October 2 - Refresher #55


Refresher #55 with Patterns: Auraknot, Sunflower, Shing, Knyt, Hypnotic
Patterns: Auraknot, Sunflower, Shing, Knyt, Hypnotic



October 3 - Refreshers #56 and #112


Refresher #56 with Patterns: Nzeppel, Verve, DooLeeDo, CandleGlow, Pop-Cloud
Patterns: Nzeppel, Verve, DooLeeDo, CandleGlow, Pop-Cloud


Refresher #112 with Patterns: Florz, Chi, MaryHill, Xplore, Sprigs
Patterns: Florz, Chi, MaryHill, Xplore, Sprigs



October 4 - Refresher #81


Refresher #81 with Patterns: Auraknot, Maelstrom, Arundel, Good Joss, Fiore
Patterns: Auraknot, Maelstrom, Arundel, Good Joss, Fiore


October 5 - Refresher #134


Refresher # 134 with Patterns: Assunta, Signalz, Pea-Fea, JJ, Pand
Patterns: Assunta, Signalz, Pea-Fea, JJ, Pand



October 6 - Refreshers #58 and #87


Refresher #58 with Patterns: IX, Lanie, Cruffle, D-Vine, Capell
Patterns: IX, Lanie, Cruffle, D-Vine, Capell


Refresher #87 with Patterns: Well, Spyz, Zanzee, Crusade, Chime
Patterns: Well, Spyz, Zanzee, Crusade, Chime



October 7 - Refresher 111


Refresher #111 with Patterns: Fife, Dio Sea, Yah, Ballace, Dutch Diamonds
Patterns: Fife, Dio Sea, Yah, Ballace, Dutch Diamonds



October 8 - Refresher #128 and #164


Refresher #128 with Patterns: Cyme, Lolo, Kozy, Phroz, AcrossTick
Patterns: Cyme, Lolo, Kozy, Phroz, AcrossTick


Refresher #164 with Patterns: Cathedral, Aloha, 3D-Room, Litbee, Huggins
Patterns: Cathedral, Aloha, 3D-Room, Litbee, Huggins



October 9 - Refresher #61


Refresher #61 with Patterns: Betweed, Botie, Cayke, Stained Glass, Sparkle
Patterns: Betweed, Botie, Cayke, Stained Glass, Sparkle



October 10 - Refresher # 62


Refresher #62 with Patterns: Bunzo, Funlz, Paizel, Chordin, Snood
Patterns: Bunzo, Funlz, Paizel, Chordin, Snood



October 13 - Refresher #63


Refresher #63 with Patterns: Ixorus, Eddy, Lace Curtains, Waft, Pouf
Patterns: Ixorus, Eddy, Lace Curtains, Waft, Pouf



October 14 - Refreshers #91, #65 and #92


Refresher #91 with Patterns: Printemps, Pozer, Creznt, Undling, Seminole Patchwork
Patterns: Printemps, Pozer, Creznt, Undling, Seminole Patchwork


Refresher #65 with Patterns: Purk, Bugles, Tracery, Confettus, Via
Patterns: Purk, Bugles, Tracery, Confettus, Via


Refresher #92 with Patterns: Punzel, Bumpkenz, Panthe, Amoeba, Up n Down
Patterns: Punzel, Bumpkenz, Panthe, Amoeba, Up n Down


By October 14th I had 17 refreshers done and was ahead of the game!


A collection of all my Refreshers is in this flickr album,

...continues on next blog







4 comments:

  1. Oh these are all so wonderful! You've inspired me to go through the refreshers...what fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Heidi. Yes, it was fun to do them although at times I wondered why I am doing this. Now I am super glad I pulled through what I committed myself to.

      Delete
  2. Ok, Susie...I'm finally starting to catch up here. Going to take me a long time! So the pleasure will last and last. This entire project is really staggering--such a huge undertaking. I cannot believe you took this on. First comment: The way you have blended these tangles together on each tile, so that each flows into the next, is so impressive. Some of these tangles I've never been able to figure out how to combine with others; but you have! Every tile is wonderful. But (second comment): I actually had to stop dead when I got to October 9th because I thought it was embroidered, not drawn. And what you did with Betweed in that tile is truly inspirational. I could go on and on but I'd be up all night. So impressed. And this is just post #1 in my "catching up" project (I have over 200 unread Zentangle posts, not to mention another 600-800 posts in other areas of interest that I haven't read yet). Looking forward to slowly going thru your posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome back to the international Zentangle enthusiasts, M, and thanks for visiting my refresher page. Believe me when I say that I struggled enough to get them all done, but not once did I think of quitting. There were tangle refresher combinations I took several deep breaths before I started, hoping for a wonder to hit my creative side of my brain. What helped a lot though was the time I spent with the tangles by themselves. Every tangle I hadn't done yet I practiced first, eventually drawing it as a mono-mini-tile. Also, I dropped all challenges and ignored most other tanglers' sites, kept to myself nicely tucked away in my own world. No influences, no longing, no stress, and no competition! Did I learn a lot? Yes, one thing I learnt for sure. There are tangles I hate to even look at. When I drew them and gave them my own little touch, whoosh! they turned to interesting little jewels to me.

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave a message if you have time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...