JellyPages.com

Saturday, July 14, 2018

IAST 251, my new Tangle Y.I.Am, lots of Browneees, and self-made Crystals


The story behind my Browneees. I bought a brown MICRON pen about a year ago and promptly forgot about it. Every once in a while though I noticed it in my pot of pens, but always only wondered about my purchase of 2 red 01 pens when red is not exactly a color I particularly like to draw with. Now, there is an event coming up in about 2 weeks for which I want to draw a dedicated tile and needed the red...only to grab the wrong red. Hey, those brown and red bottom caps look the same to my color-blind eyes! But now I am in love with my rediscovered brown Micron!

My Accidental Twins


First born: Summer Tangles 2018. Here my tile for July 7-9 featuring the tangles Dew Drops, Wisket, Abundies in respective order. I never draw Dew Drops, am not good at them. Maybe I will sincerely forget to draw them! Wow! That hope flushed down the drain the very instant Lynn Mead's (A Tangler's Mind) webpage Dew Drop tutorial popped up. You have to draw the DDs FIRST!

Summer Tangles 2018 July 7-9 with Tangle Patterns: Dew Drops, Wisket, Abundies
Tangle Patterns: Dew Drops, Wisket, Abundies



Second born: The Square One tangle for the week of July 6-12 was Tangleflake3, surrounded by Dublin and Tipple followed by my pre-natel Tangleflake test tile.


Square One week July 6-12 with Tangleflake3 accopanied by Dublin, Tipple
Tangle Patterns: Tangleflake3, Dublin, Tipple


Tangle Patterns: Tangleflake3
Tangle Patterns: Tangleflake3



♻️  July 12th listed 'Monotangle' on the Summer Tangles 2018 manifest. I used Y.I.Am, my new tangle, stepout below, and Tipple as garnishing only. (Envelope tile)


Summer Tangles 2018 July 12, Monotangle, with Tangle Patterns Y.I.Am and Tipple as garnishing
Tangle Pattern: Y.I.Am with Tipple garnishing



On with Summer Tangles 2018, a tangle per day which I combine (mostly), day 10 and 11 July with Ponio, here as a suggested variation by the author - I think, and Cubic.


Summer Tangles 2018 July 10 and 11 with Tangle Patterns: Ponio, Cubic
Tangle Patterns: Ponio, Cubic



♻️  IAST challenge #251 with tangles Stikz and Muchin (on another paper reuse).


IAST #250 Challenge with Tangle Patterns: Stikz, Munchin
Tangle Patterns: Stikz, Munchin



Y.I.Am (Why I Am) - My new Tangle


New Tangle Pattern Y.I.Am with Ruutz, Beadlines, Tipple, Mssst
Tangle Patterns: Y.I.Am, Ruutz, Beadlines, Tipple, Mssst



Stepout and Variations


New Tangle Y.I.Am stepout and with variations
Tangle Pattern: Y.I.Am stepout and with variations



♻️  This (pre brown pen discovery) IAST challenge #250 experimental tile didn't get finished in time last week. Tira and Ahh! are drawn on white crumbly dried vegetable paper (here in Thailand the cauliflower stem is wrapped in soft wet paper) and then I glued the two-fold white paper on a black background.


IAST challenge #250 with Tangle Patterns: Tira and Ahh!
Tangle Patterns: Tira and Ahh!



These past few weeks I was also busy making my own crystals. All it needs is Borax, food coloring and one of the many, many video instructions on youTube.










Animal Happy Day

Close to my heart, too!!!!



Enjoy and have a splendid weekend!






Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...