JellyPages.com

Saturday, July 07, 2018

IAST 250, Square One, Summer Tangles, Refresher, and more


A Sunday morning tile with focus on Dropz.


A Sunday morning tile with focus on Dropz
Tangle Patterns: Dropz



Square One week June 29 - July 5 with focus on MySwing. I added Maryhill, the tangle we had for Joey's very likely last challenge, #222, in yet another version, and Tipple.


Square One with focus on MySwing with Maryhill and Tipple
Tangle Patterns: MySwing, Maryhill, Tipple



Refresher #182 featuring tangles Gneiss, Tumbleweed, Tamarai (in Thai: what are you doing), Cake, Joki. (I drew this with Margarete Gilge's tangle tiles in mind.)


Refresher #182 with Tangle Patterns: Gneiss, Tumbleweed, Tamarai, Cake, Joki
Tangle Patterns: Gneiss, Tumbleweed, Tamarai, Cake, Joki



Tumbleweed is a tangle from the above refresher #182 listing and a horror tangle for me. Lots of round long lines, auras...something I have difficulties with as I can't draw them in one go. I need to stop and turn the tile several times and where I reconnect there is a nasty blob,  and the lines get wobbly, too. So I correct the lines and try to disguise the blob and end up with big, fat, ugly worms instead of fine, thin, beautiful, delicate wisps of lines. And then it hit me: who says I have to connect the lines? Voila! Here my almost perfectly executed Tumbleweed!


Practice tile for Refresher #182 with Tangle Pattern: Tumbleweed
Tangle Patterns: Tumbleweed



Besides Tumbleweed, Tamarai (grid and free-spirited) and Cake (with striped Pokeleaf) from above refresher were new to me = TTs. The other, Tira 'Flower' on yellow, is from the IAST 250 challenge.


Tangle Patterns: Tamarai (grid and free-spirited) 
and Cake with Pokeleaf, Tira "Flower"





IAST #250 and it is all about July 4th, the American Independence Day, and fireworks, represented by the tangles Tire and Ahh! Coincidentally, this is also Adele Bruno's 250th tangle challenge, which translates into 5 years of commitment to

a) something we all, the partaker in her challenges, enjoy tremendously! Thanks so much, Adele!
and
b) laborious work for her herself! I lift my hat, Adele!

All in all the verdict is: Adele, you are a darling!

♻️♻️♻️ As for the tile, I took a coffee bag tile, metallic-like paper. The white gel pen was OK, but the yellow wouldn't even dry overnight! And you can forget about color and graphite pencils or charcoal pens for shading. Won't work! Hence my tile turned out to be a rather sad, 3D transparent-looking, 250 celebration plastic tile.


IAST Challenge #250 with Tangle Patterns: Tira, Ahh!
Tangle Patterns: Tira and Ahh!



In Photoshop I manipulated the drawing to add a drop shadow (you may have to come real close to the monitor...).


IAST Challenge #250 with Tangle Patterns: Tira, Ahh! with drop shadow
Tangle Patterns: Tira and Ahh!



♻️♻️♻️ Daily Summer Tangles 2018 challenge, July 4 to September 3, is a welcome substitution for the retired or semi retired Joey and DIVA challenges. I combined the first 3 days on a toilet tissue roll and added a 2nd in an abstract version. Both a flop, but you should have seen the designs I had in my mind....


Summer Tangles 2018 July 4-6 with Tangle Patterns: Footlites, Hamail, Z-Trik
Tangle Patterns: Footlites, Hamail, Z-Trik



The abstract version.


Summer Tangles 2018 July 4-6 with Tangle Patterns: Footlites, Hamail, Z-Trik abstract version
Tangle Patterns: Footlites, Hamail, Z-Trik



And one more Square One with MySwing and black Pokeleaf. It's last because I worked on it several day, not knowing where to go with it and only just finished a few minutes ago.


Square One with MySwing and black Pokeleaf
Tangle Patterns: MySwing, Pokeleaf, Sand Swirl




Animal Missing Day

Last week I mentioned the missing pregnant cat that visited me every afternoon to find some well deserved rest. She has still not turned up. However, my Swiss neighbor and I are quite certain she has come to no harm, but somebody has taken her in. We have about 10-12 cats in the area and no other cat is missing.

This morning I climbed onto a ladder to successfully rescue another neighbor's cat, an orange tabby with a green collar, from another neighbor's roof's edge.

I do get around, don't I.



The kids in the Cave in Thailand

I am sure you have heard the news about the kids soccer team and their coach stuck in a cave here in Thailand. This hits home with me as I have been a PADI Master Scuba Diving Instructor for 11 years and I understand very well the danger of bringing out the kids on scuba gear. My title and my experience of over 2000 dives would not have allowed me to join any cave diving expedition without prior training in a safe and controlled environment and with the appropriate gear (rebreather). It goes way beyond my imagination how these kids felt during the 10 days they were missing (one hell of a long time not knowing whether you will ever be found!!!) and now with no hope for immediate rescue, or a life threatening rescue...

If you are religious, please pray for the kids and their coach; I cross my fingers and hope they will (!) find a way to get them all out safe and alive before the month of October. Let it Be!





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...