JellyPages.com

Saturday, October 06, 2018

Inktober18 Tiles, IAST 263, DIVA 370, and Refresher 188


It is October and with October comes INKtober 2018 and thus Facebook's Square One weekly is dropped for the month. I already missed a few Inktober18 days, but it is still early so who knows.

Inktober day 1 and 2 feature Mooka and Yah. On this tile I also added the day 1 challenge "Poisonous" from the original Inktober inventor challenge, Jake Parker. Additional tangles are Onamato, Raindotty, Tipple, SeZ, and Miff.


Inktober18 day 1 and 2, Mooka, YAH, "Poisonous" with Onamato, Raindotty, Tipple, SeZ, Miff
Tangle Patterns: Mooka, YAH, "Poisonous" with Onamato, Raindotty, Tipple, SeZ, Miff



Inktober18 day 6 - Pais. Actually this is DIVA challenge #370 and Inktober18's Pais is only hopping on this tile because it compliments the DIVA's Mezzanine tangle so beautifully. Some Tipple for garnishing.


Image Properties:  DIVA challenge #370 with Messanine and Inktober18 day 6 with Pais, Tipple as garnishing.
Tangle Patterns: Mezzanine, Pais and Tipple



Inktober18 day 8 - Cockles 'n' Mussels. Recently, when the tangle Dropug was published I knew I had to draw it. It was just that kind of tangle. Then on my quest to keep up with the Inktober18 days my eyes scanned the list and the coin dropped. I can use Dropug and populate its big white spaces with Cockles 'n' Mussels listed for day 8. "Perfect!", me thinking. And again with an eye into space.


Inktober18 Day 8 with tangles Cockles 'n' Mussels in a sgtring of Dropug.
Tangle Patterns: a string of Dropug, and Cockles 'n' Mussels



IAST challenge #263 with a 3-wave horizontal string and the tangles Kettling, Sails, and AHH. I am happy to announce that I finally finished a IAST challenge tile in time and was able to send it in to Adele Bruno who tickles us to tangle. My tile is called "The Rising Sun" a la 'East' and 'Thailand' and while it is obvious that AHH! is the sun Kettling are clouds and Sails are Heaven and Earth. (Between you and me, I could have done a better job had I thought of it before I had finished the tile!!!! ðŸ˜‰ðŸ˜‰ðŸ˜‰ðŸ˜‰ðŸ˜‰)


IAST challenge #263 with Tangle Patterns: Kettling, Sails, Ahh
Tangle Patterns: Kettling, Sails, Ahh!



Refresher #188 with tangles IX, VO, Siri, Heart2Heart, Ten-shun.


Refresher #188 with Tangle Patterns: IX, VO, Siri, Heart2Heart, Ten-shun
Tangle Patterns: IX, VO, Siri, Heart2Heart, Ten-shun


There is a third 'Inktober' called Mandalatober18. The list is half as long because a challenge is listed only every other day. So for day 1 we have "Smallest Mandala". Mine is the "smallest" among all the Mandalas I've ever made (and I can count mine on one hand): 5cm (2") across. I took a square, traced it 3x in different positions, cut off 5mm on 2 sides, traced it again 3x in different positions and did this 3 more times. The middle is filled with some sort of Paradox. I may mention I am no Mandalatangler and this will very likely be my only contribution to the month challenge.


Mandalatober18 day 1: Smallest Mandala and some Paradox
Tangle Patterns: Squares and some Paradox



Other Art

Chest Playing Sand Elephant

We have all seen sand art, sand castles or tangle-like pattern designs in the sand, but a deep in thoughts chest playing elephant with a mouse as an opposing partner? Click here to see more images of these amazing game players.


Elephant/Mouse Chest game competition



Animal Happy Day

Litter kills you and me and chipmonks IF not for a very thoughtful mailman. Thank you, Mr. Mailman, a job well done.




Enjoy tangling and have a happy week ahead of you!





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...