JellyPages.com

Tuesday, December 18, 2018

New Tangle As.I.Am, DIVA 378, Facebook stuff, Refresher


♻️ The theme of last week's Anything Goes Creative Prompt! is 'Livin' on the Edge' or tangle the edge of the tile. I thought fine, another easy one I better tangle on the smallest tile.. Then: well, maybe on a middle size tile...

I ended up drawing the tangle Garl on a normal tile and one of my favorite recycle choices: Toilet rolls.


Anything Goes Creative Prompt! with theme Livin' on the Edge and Tangle Pattern: Garl on a toilet roll cardboard
Tangle Pattern: Garl on toilet roll cardboard



Square One has Toodles on the menu for the week Dec 7-13. I love Toodles and I love Toodles. My first tile is Toodles with Clamz on a Sindoo background.My first tile drawn in the tangle-over-a-tangle style and I love it. I already made a list of tangles for backgrounds...


Square One Dec 7-13, 2018 with Toodles, Clamz and background tangle Sindoo
Tangle Patterns: Toodles, Clamz, Sindoo



Some more Square One Toodles with Square One Barberpole from last week (which I missed) and background tangle Zanzee on toilet roll cardboard. This blue on brown paper may not be the greatest idea since sliced bread, but it was still fun to do.


Square One Dec 7-13, 2018 with Toodles, Square One Nov 30-Dec 6 Barberpole and background tangle Zanzee
Tangle Patterns: Toodles, Barberpole, Zanzee



Inspired by... the tangled background - Aura-Leah with Tipple - technique: Aura-Leah, Pokeroot, Toodles, Dragonair, Ahh.


Inspired by the tangled background technique: Tangle Patterns: Aura-Leah, Pokeroot, Toodles, Dragonair, Ahh
Tangle Patterns: Aura-Leah, Pokeroot, Toodles, Dragonair, Ahh



Facebook's weekly Anything Goes as of Dec 12th with the Creative Prompt: "Spotlight on Pea-nuckle". Still no fan of Pea-nuckle (we had it several DIVA challenges ago, more precisely, July 2017 with DIVA #325) This time I wanted to do something else, so I made a Pea-Nuckle Zendala and a Pea-Nuckle flower. The flower tile is on a Dublin background and has Pea-Nuckle as a border as well.

Pea-Nuckle Zendala.


Tangle Pattern: Pea-Nuckle and slight variations of Pea-Nuckle
Tangle Pattern: Pea-Nuckle and slight variations of Pea-Nuckle



Pea-Nuckle in a circle as a flower and as a border with Henna Drum, Fescu, Flux and Dublin as background tangle. As for the color...didn't you know? I am totally and completely color blind and cannot be held responsible. But maybe having the same color for the background tangle and the main act might not be the best idea?.


Pea-Nuckle in a circle as a flower with Tangle Patterns: Henna Drum, Flux, Fescu, and Dublin as a background tangle
Tangle Patterns: Pea-Nuckle, Henna Drum, Flux, Fescu, Dublin



Refresher #191 with Printemps, Feeling Knotty, Nouvart, Patience, Auracross.


Refresher #191 with Tangle Patterns: Printemps, Feeling Knotty, Nouvart, Patience, Auracross
Tangle Patterns: Printemps, Feeling Knotty, Nouvart, Patience, Auracross



DIVA challenge #378 on a watercolored background tile with 123 O'Leary in old Roman style on columns and Lotos.


DIVA challenge #378 with Tangle Patterns: 123 O'Leary, Lotos
Tangle Patterns: 123 O'Leary, Lotos




My new Tangle: As.I.Am

...or should I call it a Fragment? As of late I feel like drawing lines, repetitively, not thinking, just the same over and over again. Sometimes the line result make no sense, sometimes it takes me by surprise and thus As.I.Am was born.

Step-out is simple: draw a shallow S curve into a square and add a little curve to each end of the S on top and bottom along the square. Or as per this image:


Stepout to my new Tangle Pattern: AS.I.AM
Tangle Pattern: As.I.Am step-out



A simple version of As.I.Am


Tangle Pattern: As.I.Am simple
Tangle Pattern: As.I.Am



A filled version of As.I.Am


Tangle Pattern: As.I.Am filled
Tangle Pattern: As.I.Am filled



Just another version of As.I.AM


Tangle Pattern: As.I.Am
Tangle Pattern: As.I.Am



As.I.Am in hexagons.


Tangle Pattern: As.I.Am in hexagons
Tangle Pattern: As.I.Am in hexagons



As.I.Am embellished


Tangle Pattern: As.I.Am embellished
Tangle Pattern: As.I.Am embellished



As.I.Am Knightsbridge style and Eye-wa as a string.


Tangle Pattern: As.I.Am Knightsbridge-style
Tangle Pattern: As.I.Am Knightsbridge-style



An As.I.Am Zendala


Tangle Pattern: As.I.Am Zendala
Tangle Pattern: As.I.Am Zendala





Animal Saddest Day unless.... 

A whole animal rescue operation/hospital in Spain,Viktor Larkhill's Let's Adopt International, an extreme cases rescue operation, will be closing down due to financial difficulties. That hurts!!! I have no Christmas wishes for myself. I have all I need to live a happy and content live. But there is somebody out there with a huge heart for animals that needs me/us now. Please, if you would watch the video below and if you think: "Yes, I can skip going out tomorrow night and send the money to Viktor instead", or "I don't really have to go to Starbuck every single morning" and you set up a little "Off Starbuck - On Viktor in Spain" piggy bank, here a link the PayPal (you can use your credit card if you have no PayPal account), and his GoFundMe page. Many thanks to all those donating any amount. Everything counts!





...and a quick mention of Shadow... or rather the before and after Shadow tile.

Last week I published below tile. In the middle of drawing it, my beloved Shadow died. I received an email from Meridiana from the Drawing from the Day website wherein she wrote, and I quote:

And your Shadow tile...I hesitate to say this because you may not see it, but I see the snout of a dog poking out on the lower left side of that tile.  Like a cartoon of a dog just beginning to stick his head out from under some piled-up blankets (the Narwhal).  I see the nose, a black circle, the "snout" and an open mouth.  From looking at the photos of Shadow you put up, it does seem that's exactly the type of shape of head he had.  (But it's like a cartoon of the shape, the way Mickey Mouse is a cartoon drawing of a mouse).  Do you see it?  I think Shadow left you a parting gift.
BTW - Meridiana was not the only one who saw it.

Now here the tile again - Now I see it, too!!! What a co-incidence.



This is my last post for this year. So I wish
all visitors and their families happy and joyful festive days.

C U again in 2019






Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...