JellyPages.com

Saturday, January 05, 2019

IAST 273, Zenuari2019, Square One, Anything Goes, and a Refresher


This post is a float post. It floats from 2018 into 2019. I am not much of a xmassy person and here where I live New Year means traffic jam and lots of tourists. So I have been waiting for all those cars to be back on Sukhumvit Rd heading towards home and for the tourists to be back at the beaches where they belong before I hit the road again. While I was waiting for the air to clear I started and left too many unfinished tiles on my desk. Somehow my heart was not into endurance tangling.

IAST challenge #273 is one of them. Yes indeed, there is also a half finished/half unfinished IAST #272 tile in my ToDo file, but maybe I get a Round Tuit to finish it by next Christmas... Anyway, below my #273 tile with Afterglo, Meriberries, and Ahh! on a water colored tile.


IAST challenge #273 with Tangle Patterns: Afterglo, Meriberries, Ahh
Tangle Patterns: Afterglo, Meriberries, Ahh



Hmmm... not much into Xmas, huh? So why did Photoshop turn this tile into Christmas balls for you to hang on the next Christmas tree???!!!


IAST #273 Christmas Balls



I received this new Glass Ink Pen just before year's end and couldn't resist drawing a few wavy lines on watercolor paper. I loved the drawing experience, but the w/c paper is probably not the best choice as the ink seeps sideways into the paper. That is where the good old micron pen 'Jumped to the Rescue' (that is a clue)....



When the Facebook group Anything Goes announced the theme of the week 'Fescu to the Rescue' I knew instantly how to finish my wavy Diva-like tile: add some quirky and shady Fescu and keep the tile light as a feather. Voila, my tile for the fb group.

Unfortunately, the image does not show the delicate gold glitter in the ink.


Anything Goes theme "Fescu to the Rescue" with Tangle Patterns: Fescu, Diva Dance
Tangle Patterns: Fescu, Diva Dance



Inspired by...Dublin. I can't get Dublin out of my head, but I can put it on paper.


Inspired by... Dublin with Zinger
Tangle Patterns: Dublin, Zinger



Another inspirational tile...Rope Toodles. That single Toodles hanging down on the right is the main character on this rather large, 12 x 12 cm, note paper tile. The rest is garnishing.


Inspired by...Rope Toodles with Tangle Patterns: Toodles, Stickers, Diva Dance
Tangle Patterns: Toodles, Stickers, Diva Dance



Square One Dec 14-20 - Roloflex in black & white.


Square One with Tangle Pattern: Roloflex
Tangle Pattern: Roloflex




Square One Dec 21-27 - Love Handles with Tipple and Printemps. Love Handles, such an easy tangle, but so hard to draw so the tangle really looks like Love Handles. I can't!


Square One with Tangle Patterns: Love Handles, Tipple, Printemps
Tangle Patterns: Love Handles, Tipple, Printemps



I had another go at Love Handles when Square One week Dec 28 to Jan 3 in the new year had OTM on the menu. Now I am a bit happier with my LH, but still not quite there yet.


Square One week Dec 28 to Jan 3, 2019 with tangles OTM, Love Handles, Indy-Rella
Tangle Patterns: OTM, Love Handles, Indy-Rella



Refresher #192 with tangles Punzel, Strutz, Hearts-A-Flutter, Horti, Brace-S. (See all Refresher tiles on my pages.)


Refresher #192 with tangles Punzel, Strutz, Hearts-A-Flutter, Horti, Brace-S
Tangle Patterns: Punzel, Strutz, Hearts-A-Flutter, Horti, Brace-S



#Fullmoonmosaic at Instagram for December 2018 features the tangles SiStar and Fullmoon. I did the 'green-glitter-eyed' Fullmoon Monster first > wasn't impressed &gt...


#@Fullmoonmosaic at Instagram, Dec fullmoon with Sistar and Fullmoon tangles
Tangle Patterns: Sistar and Fullmoon



...so I did this one. Ah, much better! Now I can sleep well. BTW, that dirty speck there at the top between Sistar - do you see it? - that is the real full moon with its dark and light areas. Just to make sure...


#@Fullmoonmosaic at Instagram, Dec fullmoon with Sistar and Fullmoon tangles
Tangle Patterns:



There is a new challenge in town - well, for me anyway - called Zenuari 2019. It consists of a variety of daily prompts for the whole year, served in monthly installments. Quite interesting! If you are interested and want to join the group on facebook, click here.

My tiles thus far: Zenuari 2019 day 3: Monotangle. I chose Narwal...


Zenuari 2019 day 3: Monotangle with Narwal
Tangle Pattern: Narwal



...and Zenuari 2019 day 5: a hint of tint. I chose the tangle OTM (from Square One last week) and a hint of gold and silver.


Zenuari 2019 day 5: a hint of tint with OTM and a hint of gold and silver
Tangle Pattern: OTM with a hint of gold and silver




Animal - and Thailand - Happy Day

Remember Shadow's side kick in his last days? The cat has no adopted me and visits me every day for her 10am-4pm midday nap. Yes, I have upgraded her chosen sleeping niche, but that is as far as I go. Sure!




A few days later I found the cat occupying a more accessible niche... in my store room. And she was not alone. She coerced her boyfriend to join her.

Shhhhh! We better give them some privacy. Please, very quietly scroll out of my store room.
Thanks.





Thailand
And now to Thailand. I am not sure what the perception of Thailand is abroad, but I have good news. 40+ shops and food chains (maybe more have joined by now) have joined together in a campaign to fight the plastic bag litter crisis. 

Believe you me, we have a HUGE issue with plastic bags!!!!
(and litter in general!)

Every 4th of the month the shops will not pack your goods in plastic bags anymore. They give you the option to buy recycled paper shopping bags to carry away your groceries or you bring your own bag. I only know of ONE chain that has absolutely never ever given out plastic bags: Hat off to Makro!

I noticed it first Dec 4th last year when I shopped in my little corner convenience store. Ever since I have bmob or hand-carried my items out of there. I hope this campaign will not get lost in the plastic bag trash mountain as others have in the past, but will actually add additional days to the month. More has to be done, but it is a start.




I end this post with a video and a link to a page for mothers who can't bring their kids to eat breakfast.

Only in New York...




...and the  breakfast encouragement page.


Happy 2019!




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...