JellyPages.com

Saturday, October 03, 2020

My New Tangle Snakehead Mushee; Project Pack 11; Ela Challenge; ZIA Tips, Tricks & Techniques; Square One; ...and some more Killing Time


Square One: Purely Zentangle from September 18-24 with the tangle Ohana. My version of Ohana is influenced by the tangle Vinca I used on the Ohana color tile below.


Square One Purely Zentangle Sept 18-24 with tangle Ohana
Tangle Pattern: Ohana



My 2nd Ohana tile in color thus not eligible for posting in Square One under Purely Zentangle. Using color is against its rules. Ohana is met with my new tangle Snakehead Mushees (stepout further down) and yet another new tangle from Olga Barko called Vinca. When I saw this new tangle I instantly knew what I am going to do with my b/w monotile Ohana...and then I had to actually draw it!


Square One Purely Zentangle September 18-24 with Ohana and Snakehead Mushees and Vinca
Tangle Patterns: Ohana, Snakehead Mushee, Vinca



Square One: Purely Zentangle September 25-30 featuring tangle DollPin. I used the PP11 Day 4 'string' design on the first b/w tile; the 2nd is a sun explosion and the 3rd is a modern look of DollPin, minimalist. 


Square One September 25-30 with Dollpin.
Tangle Patterns: DollPin, Tipple

Square One September 25-30 with Dollpin - Sun Exlposion
Tangle Pattern: DollPin as a sun explosion

Square One September 25-30 with Dollpin.
Tangle Patterns: DollPin and Tipple - minimalist



Ela's Daily Challenge #2007 includes the tangles Merzig, Zuan Shi, and Zippa.


Ela's Daily Challenge #2007 includes the tangles Merzig, Zuan Shi, and Zippa
Tangle Patterns: Merzig, Zuan Shi, Zippa



ZIA Tips, Tricks & Techniques tangles for September 9: Quiltz and September 10: Quilta.


ZIA Tips, Tricks & Techniques tangles for September 9: Quiltz and September 10: Quilta
Tangle Patterns: Quiltz, Quilta



ZIA Tips, Tricks & Techniques tangles for September 15: Rainbow Bridge with my new tangle Snakehead Mushees.


ZIA Tips, Tricks & Techniques tangles for September 15: Rainbow Bridge with my new tangle Snakehead Mushees.
Tangle Patterns: Rainbow Bridge, Sankehead Mushees



Square One: Purely Zentangle from September 11-17 featuring the tangle Undiala.


Square One: Purely Zentangle from September 11-17 featuring the tangle Undiala
Tangle Pattern: Undiala



Undiala here with Rosenwuid, Verdigogh, and my new tangle Snakehead (for stepout please scroll down).


Undiala here with Rosenwuid, Verdigogh, and my new tangle Snakehead
Tangle Patterns: Undiala, Rosenwuid, Veridgogh, Snakehead



My New Tangle...

                      ....Snakehead Mushee.


My new Tangle Snakehead Mushee
My New Tangle Pattern: Snakehead Mushee

There are two tiles above where I included this new Snakehead Mushee tangle. 



Inspired by...a Jessica Wilde Design. The tangle looks familiar, but I can't remember the name.


Inspired by...a Jessica Wilde Flower Design
Tangle Pattern:  ???



Inspired by...Vlecht. I have come across this tangle now and again throughout the years, but never bothered to even sketch-play with it. But recently I got the urge to draw just lines, one next to the other really tightly, and Vlecht jumped back into memory. I tweaked Vlecht a bit and filled the spaces with double lines in different directions and honestly, now I have a fish with a big open mouth, a dolphin..or is it a shark? and a beautiful Nymph flower. 


Inspired by...Vlecht as big open mouthed fish
Tangle Pattern: Vlecht as a big open mouthed fish

Inspired by...Vlecht as dolphin or shark and Nymph flower
Tangle Pattern: Vlecht with Nymph flower and Dolphin/Shark



Inspired by...PP11 drawing Fragments. 


Just fragments
Just fragments


Project Pack #11

My very  first Project Pack I actually follow 'with pen on paper' and not just 'watch the videos'. This project introduces a new tile size by HQ called the PHI-tile. Click here to watch the video that explains PHI with the 'whys and wheres' and its 'sweet spots'. PP11 has a total of 8 working videos and an Intro and a Wrap Up video.

Day 1 - Pokeroot; Day 2 - Gourdgeous

Project Pack 11 day 1 and 2 with Pokeroot and Gourdgeous
Tangle Patterns: Pokeroot and Gourdgeous


Day 3 - Crescent Moon; Day 4 - Mooka or Fescu with Tipple. I didn't draw Bronx Cheer because I just cannot draw Bronx Cheer. I never like it the way it comes out. Sounds silly? True! So Tipple will do.

Project Pack 11 day 3 and 4 with tangles Crescent Moon and Mooka or Fescu
Tangle Patterns: Crescent Moon, Mooka or Fescu


Day 5 - ING String with Seed pods and the other with the new tangle Peec. I liked this ING String and thus made 2 more: with Abundies (adding day 4) and with a tangle inspired by Abundies and looks similar to i-Leaf where the background is filled with lightly penciled Printemps.

Project Pack 11 day 5 ING String with Seed Pods and Peec
Tangle Patterns: ING String with Seed Pods and Peec

Project Pack 11 day 5 ING String with Abundies and a tangle inspired by Abundies or i-Leaf with Printemps
Tangle Patterns: ING String filled with Abundies and Fescu and
ING Stgring with  an inspiration of Abundies or i-Leaf with Printempos


Day 6 - Fragments and Reticula. Fragments are F2 and Betweed and Reticula...Couldn't find it so I call it 'Frame'. Day 7 - Again Fragments, but this time in descending/ascending proper PHI steps filled with pencil Mooka.


Project Pack 11 day 6 and 7 - Fragments and PHI in descending/ascending order
Tangle Patterns: different Fragments



Day 8 - Sunflower with Molygon, Pokeleaf, coffered outside ring tangle name eludes me) and a DooDah stem.


Project Pack 11 day 8 - Sunflower with tangles Molygon, Pokeleaf and a DooDah stem
Tangle Patterns: Molygon, Pokeleaf, DooDah


Killing Time

In my last post I published the puzzles 1-6 so here are the 7-11 puzzles. If you haven't seen my previous post, here a hint on how to 'understand' the puzzles: first image is SANDBOX. Now figure out the other images. Results for 7-11 are at the very bottom of this post, written in tiny letters just in case you want to come up here and spend a few more time to figure them out without cheating. 





Still 'Killing Time': a Different kind of Art

The other day I came across an art I found particular intriguing. It is called Pendulum Art and it is from from 'madebybarb.com'.



Also paper folding can put a smile on your face when you see the result. Click here for video instruction.




Animal Happy Days

Well, Well, Wag! Yes, this is a happy video showing dogs going to doggy day care. Hi5!




It is Inktober time again and as usual, I pledge to participate. I know already it will be hard to draw a tile each day (day 3 - already 1 behind), but if I give up before I even started, what does that tell about myself? So, Susie, get your guns and paper out and start shooting...quicker.

Thanks for visit. CO has left the building, the hole in the storeroom ceiling is no longer, and the weather today is perfect to stay indoors and tangle.

Happy inktobtangling you all.



Results to #7 Downtown, #8 Tricycle, #9 Split-Level, #10 Three degrees below Zero, #11 Neon Lights



2 comments:

  1. It's wonderful how you have drawn Ohana on the first tile, I like it very much!As you know, I'm only on Instagram because there is too much going on and I can't mangage to join so much challenges but I'm very glad to discover your beautiful contribution with my Quilta for Zia, tips and Techniques. Tour second tile for this group is gorgeous with Rainbow bridge and your pretty Snakehead Mushees. I'm also fond of your monotile of Undiala, so beautiful drawn and it is nice to see your tiles of PP11 with your typical own touch. A nice post Suzy, glad your are tangling and sharing your work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind comment, Ria. I am glad you like the tile with your Quilta, it was just asking for a harmonious transition to Quiltz. This is the very first project pack I participated using my own tools. The one day I thoroughly enjoyed was 5 with the ING string. Pretty obvious...if Inktober hadn't come round the corner, I'd still be drawing ING string tiles. Take care.

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave a message if you have time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...