JellyPages.com

Saturday, October 15, 2022

Tangle 365 - Daily Bite-Sized Prompts October 2022 in combo with Inktober 2022...halfway through


Although this is yet another continuation of Tangle 365 - Daily Bite-Sized Prompts in month October it is a mix bag with Inktober 2022 prompts. While the list of Tangle 365 is authored by Tabitha Bedoukian Inktober, the brain child of Jake Parker has two authors, Jake Parker's (JP) and Stephanie Jennifer's (SJ) from 7 Forests 5 Rivers. 

Tangle 365 - Daily Bite-Sized Prompts 2022 - October with Inktober 2022 part 1

- Tangle 365 Day 274 (October 1) Sun
- Inktober22 Day 1 Rain (SJ)
- Inktober22 Day 1 Gargoyle (JP). I cannot draw Gargoyle faces and bodies but the wings might just pass for being gargoylish enough.  

Tangle 365, Oct1-274 Sun, Inktober22 day 1 Rain, Gargoyle wings
Tangle Patterns: Sun, Rain, and Gargoyle wings



- Tangle 365 Day 275 (2 October) Jalousie
- Inktober22 Day 2 Delwhy (SJ)

Tangle 365, October 2-275 Jalousie, Inktober22 day 2 Delwhy
Tangle Patterns: Jalousie, Delwhy



- Tangle 365 Day 276 (October3) Kuke
- Tangle 365 Day 277 (October4) Hayastone
- Inktober22 Day 3 Bat (JP). Again, no face or body, just the wings as containers 
- Inktober22 Day 3 ISEA-U (SJ)
- Inktober22 Day 4 Souk (SJ)
- and a digitally added frame

Tangle 365 Day 276 (October3) Kuke, Day 277 (October4) Hayastone. Inktober Day 3 Bat(wings) (JP), Day 3 ISEA-U (SJ), Day 4 Souk (SJ)
Tangle Patterns: Kuke, Hayastsone, ISEA-U, Souk, and Bat(wings)



♻️ - Tangle 365 Day 278 (October 5) Gingo with Inktober Day 4 Scallop (JP). My 'vellum paper' tile has turned out much better this time than the one in my last post
- Inktober22 Day 5 Flame (JP) and Molygon (SJ). Ring of Fire
- Inktober22 Day 6 Bouquet (JP) and Heartfully (SJ)

Tangle 365 Day 278 (Oct 5) Gingo with Inktober22 Day 4 Scallop (JP), Inktober22 Day 5 Flame (JP) and Molygon (SJ) - Ring of Fire, Inktober22 Day 6 Bouquet (JP) and Heartfully (SJ)
Tangle Patterns: Gingo, Molygon, Heartfully with Scallop, Flame, Bouquet



- Tangle 365 Day 279 (October 6) Flameta
- Tangle 365 Day 280 (October 7) Helix with Ripped Screen
- Inktober22 Day 8 Match (JP) and Snack (SJ)

Tangle 365 Day 279 (Oct 6) Flameta, and Day 280 (Oct 7) Helix, Ripped Screen, Inktober22 Day 8 Match (JP), Snack (SJ)
Tangle Patterns: Flameta, Helix, Ripped Screen, Snack, and Match



- Tangle 365 Day 282 (October 9) Cornerz
- Inktober22 Day 7 Fluxecho (SJ)
- Inktober22 Day 9 Sumu (SJ)

Tangle 365 Day 282 (Oct 9) Cornerz, Inktober22 Day 7 Fluxecho (SJ) and Day 9 Sumu (SJ)
Tangle Patterns: Cornerz, Fluzecho, Sumu



- Tangle 365 Day 281 (October 8) Joki
- Tangle 365 Day 283 (October 10) Finegogh
- Tangle 365 Day 284 (October 11) Lantern-Pho
- Inktober22 Day 11 Bravensword (SJ)

- Tangle 365 Day 281 (Oct 8) Joki, Day 283 (Oct 10) Finegogh, and Day 284 (Oct 11) Lantern-Pho. Inktober22 Day 11 Bravensword (SJ)
Tangle Patterns: Joki, Finegogh, Lantern-Pho, Bravensword



- Inktober22 Day 10 Finery (SJ) in a Souk-like string
- Inktober22 Day 10 Crabby (JP) and Inktober22 Day 12 Socc (SJ)

- Inktober22 Day 10 Finery (SJ) in a Souk-like string, Day 10 Crabby (JP) and Day 12 Socc (SJ)
Tangle Patterns: Finery, Souk string, Socc, and Crabby



A 'vellum' Potpourri tile of  mostly repeat tangles except for two. 
- Tangle 365 Day 285 (October 12) Manair
- Tangle 365 Day 286 (October 13) Fenglish
with Flameta, Joki, Souk, Sumu

Tangle 365 Day 285 (Oct 12) Manair and Day 286 (Oct 13) Fenglish with Flameta, Joki, Souk, and Samu
Tangle Patterns: Manair, Fenglish, Flameta, Joki, Souk, Samu



- Inktober22 Day 13 Philoxy (SJ)
- Inktober22 Day 14 Slidehat (SJ)
- Inktober22 Day 15 Noom (SJ) and Inktober22 Day 16 Dinovel (SJ)
- Tangle 365 Day 287 (October 14) Falldance, Tangle 365 Day 288 (October 15) Equerre[fish] and  Inktober22 Day 14 Empty (JP) - no 'fish'.


Inktober22 Day 13 Philoxy (SJ), Day 14 Slidehat (SJ) and Empty (JP), Day 15 Noom (SJ) and Day 16 Dinovel (SJ). Tangle 365 Day 287 (Oct 14) Falldance, Day 288 (Oct 15) Equerre[fish]
Tangle Patterns: Philoxy, Slidehat, Noom, Dinovel, Falldance, Equerre and Empty


...continues in next post...


Animal Happy Day

This is just for laughs...




Why do I have more images of Coal and not of CO? CO is an outdoor cat for sure. He comes home for food and if the weather is bad for a comfy nap in my bed. So I am more like a bed and breakfast for him. Coal, on the other hand, loves to have me around. He even volunteers to help me with my tile drawing - shading is his forte, well, if he is not acting as a Pasha par Excellence that is (2nd image). 

Forget shading for the day...😴

Coal actually sleeps😴 upright while leaning towards the desk shelf.

Thank you very much, all you visitors, for dropping in. 
Have a splendid day.




7 comments:

  1. Susie... I am the Anonymous commenter from last post. I'm loving the photos of Coal today! He sounds just like my Siamese Tabby "Lilu". She loves investigating everything... very curious. She tries to help me sew quilts and draw tangles. And you're right... there's not much you can do but pause and snuggle up in their affection. My Lilu loves to sleep on my lap and thankfully, will allow me to rest my little drawing table on her backend, so I can continue to draw. But I still feel guilty if I have to disturb her so I can run to the loo...lol! It seems to me that you've had CO much longer than Coal, so it surprises me that he's so independent and outdoorsy. Was he an outdoor stray when he "found" you? I'm so glad you have these guys to enrich your life!!💞

    Loving your tangle selection today! The way you draw always has me looking at tangles in a different way... almost like a puzzle.... seeing how I can draw them "outside the box" of the step outs. How to make them more organic and more stylized to me and my techniques. Thank you for that!

    Your first tile looks like a dragon with wings! So fun that your cuke looks like an umbrella. Love those gingo... how translucent they are. And ever since I discovered Slidehat.... it some how reminds me of the Grinch in his Christmas hat. I'm trying to figure out how to make that into Christmas cards this year.

    Be well and happy Susie! Hugs🤗 from Deanne in 🇨🇦

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Deanne, thank you so much for your kind words concerning my tiles and my cats. So we have two things in common, cats and tangling - it could be worse. LOL. Siamese Tabby...is Lilu sporting that beautiful grey/silver/white coat and looks at you with ice blue eyes? Oh, she must be adorable!
      Yes, CO entered my garden despite my no trespassing warning signs. He showed up just in time when my neighbor conducted a sterilization/homeing roundup for leftover cats. CO was half feral, but I eventually was able to catch him with food. Unfortunately, he was the last in the program by which time all possible homes were taken...so he stayed with me, a dog person. Coal showed up about 9 months ago, trying to get to the cat food CO didn't like in my waste bin. He was so scrawny, I didn't have the heart to chase him away without a full belly. That was it, he was like a magnet and I had no say in it A few months later I actually found a person interested in adopting a black cat. I went home to shoot some pictures to send to the interested party, but I couldn't do it. I looked into Coal's eyes and what I saw was a traitor. Maybe I send them tomorrow... or in a few days... Needless to say, I never sent them. On his next vet visit, Coal, too, will get microchipped. In other words, his adoption is final.
      You are Canadian...are you also partaking in the Tangle 365 challenge? I would like to see your drawings, you know, the ones Lilu "supported". Do you have a website, blog, or are on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest? You are right, Slidehat does look like the Grinch. LOL. Good luck with the Christmas cards. Take care, Deanne. XXXOOO

      Delete
    2. Oh, forgot. Gingo: drawn on 'vellum-like' paper.

      Delete
  2. Thank you Susie for the wonderful little chat! Lilu is mostly soft grey with white chest and paws, a bit of light grey/dark grey tabby striping but has an unusual orange undercoat. Her eyes can be green or blue, depending on the angle you are viewing from. I adopted her when she was 2 (I'm her 3rd and final home) and we've been together for 7 years. She surprises me every day with little personality quirks. They sure have a way of worming their way into your heart! I can see why you just accepted that Coal was there to stay. ...lol!

    I'm currently working on the Inktober challenge for this year. I have heard of the Tangle 365... but have yet to investigate it. Maybe that will be my project for next year. Is it on Facebook? This winter my project is making a wedding quilt for a friend.

    I actually don't do social media. So, I'm afraid I have no way to share drawings with you... but thank you so much for asking. The majority of my tangling is to make cards for family and friends.

    Blessings to you, Coal, and CO!💞

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Deanne, I like that orange undercoat description and the interchanging eye colors. Lilu must be an interesting beauty queen cat. I assume the fur is longish, too, longish, silky and fluffy. If I ever find one like that in my garden... You know I love animal rescues. Hi5, Deanne, for giving Lilu a loving and caring home.

      The Tangle 365 originates from Canada, hence my assumption you might be one of the members. Author's name is Tabitha Bedoukian and yes, it is an FB challenge (tabitha.bedoukian). The challenge is closed for members only since middle Jan 2022, but keep an eye out for her, she might yet have the stamina to start another in 2023 (it is a lot of work!!!). I am no social media person either, but when my Tangle challenges goto websites all closed up, FB was the only place to find new ones. It is not the same though.

      I love to hear you are into home made Christmas decoration. I admit, I am not so much, but before Christmas 2022 is over, I intend to do at least ONE x-massy tangled ornament. The idea and the how-to I have already, now i need the drive to do it.

      I fully understand you feel no urge to share your artwork with the whole world. I use my blog as a tangle database (all tangles I ever drew). Now try doing that on FB, Instagram or Pinterest....LOL

      Good luck and have fun with your quilt. I have a book that illustrates Bargello Quilts. All I can say is WOW!

      Give Lilu some very special kisses and hugs and tell her they are from Thailand, the Land of Smiles and beautiful sunshine - most of the time. (Now don't get jealous. LOL)

      XXXOOO
      Susie

      Delete
  3. Hi Susie. Actually Lilu is short/medium haired like a tabby but has an undercoat like a Siamese. Her fur is really soft though not fluffy at all. Funny, but her belly smells like popcorn... lol! Today, Lilu got some very special pets all the way from Thailand!😻 She says thank you Susie!

    I never knew that Tangle 365 originated in Canada! I may just have to join FB so I can participate next year... lol! I will be following Tabitha on her Hummingbird Tangles FB page.

    I completely understand about having nowhere to post tangles when all the challenges dissolved. I used to do iamthediva's challenge on a regular basis. Last few years it's just been Inktober but that's not enough practice for me. I have considered starting a blog, just to have somewhere to post. Not sure I could post often enough to make it worthwhile. I currently belong to a clean eating group and run a discussion on "ways to creatively live a healthy lifestyle". Usually I can talk a few girls into doing Inktober with me and we post our photos there.

    I love the look of Bargello quilts, but have never made one. The wedding quilt I'm making is a huge modern contemporary heart in varoius emerald green batiks (for the Heart chakra), on a white and grey background. It is the bride's choice of colours.

    I've always wanted to visit Thailand.... especially Plum Village or maybe a yoga retreat. And would love to visit the many temples and Buddha statues. I'm so glad you are known for smiles and sun.. it makes me happy. But I am not jealous... my area of Canada has a lot of sunshine during the summer and temps often get to 36-40C range... which is quite hot for me... lol!

    Blessings to you Lovely! Deanne 🤗💞🕉 xoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - No smell. No smell on my cats bellies. But you know what they say about dog's feet. They smell like Fritos or Corn Chips. So why not Pop Corn smelly cat bellies? I only noticed that the top of my cats smells, but my nose is ignoring it now.

      Yoga. Me too. I used to be an aerobics instructor and adament HHH runner. A year ago I had a knee OP (too many runs on hard pavement?) In September I dared doing Yoga again dispite still a few limitations. Sometimes we just have to accept that we grow old(er).

      IamtheDiva, Joey's Finish my Tile, and IAST. Yes, miss them. Keep an eye out for Tabitha in 2023. If not Tangle 365 I am sure she will do something else we can follow. Don't worry about how often you can post on your own blog. Who cares. It is YOUR blog.

      Your wedding quilt sounds interesting with the emerald heart Chakra (I had to google it). Lots of work if you are doing it all by yourself. And here I am wondering whether I get a little tiny x-mas ornament done in time. LOL.

      Thailand for me means beach and ocean. I used to live almost 2 years in the Maldives on different islands. Here in Thailand the ocean is only about 15min walking distance away from where I live. We never have temps higher than maybe 34 C. I have no idea how 40 feels, but I don't want to find out! LOL! But I think the temp you have to worry about now is in the opposite direction. Does Canada have enough fuel? Europe may go to bed wearing their hopefully artificial fur coats.

      Lots of XXX and OOO dear Deanne and happy quilting and tangling.

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave a message if you have time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...