JellyPages.com

Wednesday, July 05, 2017

FMT Challenge 172 - Auraknot


Joey, over at MadeByJoey.blogspot.com, is taking a deserved summer holiday and has subs organized to keep us avid tanglers working through her break. First up is Ilse from Zentangle Zoo. She made a star string in honor of Joey's gentle arm bending method to make us draw Zentangle tiles. The string is also the first line for her chosen tangle Auraknot. Although I am a fan of Aurak-NOT, I thought the idea was great. I dug my heels into Ilse's challenge and tried not to make a complete fool of myself and a grandioso mess on the tile.

Since we are still in celebration mode (last week it was the last letter of the alphabet theme) with the US and their July 4th festivities and Canada with their Canada Day...oops, that was also last week...one of my tiles again looks like a little party is taking place - w/o the champagne.

The Molygon I picked from one of my Molygon coin collections I made during the Molygon Study by DIVA. I hadn't finished it in time to upload with the other Molygon tiles so it ended up on the Inspired by... May 2017 page.


Finish My Tile #172 with Patterns: Auraknot, Molygon, Fescu, Stars
Patterns: Auraknot, Molygon, Fescu, Stars



I couldn't resist...beads again.


Finish My Tile #172 with Patterns: Auraknot, Beads
Patterns: Auraknot, Beads


A big 'Thank You' to Ilse for a fun challenge!



Animal Happy Day

Now if my dog could do that....



Think before you adopt. Don't break a dog's heart.








16 comments:

  1. My favorite is your beautiful coloured Auraknot in combination with this special drawn Molygon and wonderful stars, a gorgeous tile Suzy!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind comment, Ria. Waah, sniff, sniff! I like the beads one. Oh well. You are forgiven.

      Delete
    2. Both results are beautiful, also the one with the beads, but for me, the first one has just that little bit more!

      Delete
    3. Hahaha, Ria. You are not alone: 2 to 1. I cave. (I sob again later, when Ria is sleeping.)

      Delete
  2. Both are so festive and happy! Love the maple leaf tucked underneath! The second tile reminds me of a starfish underwater with seaweed wrapped around it, and in my opinion there is no happier place than on the beach!
    ~ joey ~
    ps. You rocked that Auraknot btw!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your kind comment, Joey. I had to figure out a place where I could put that leaf so it is not swallowed by all the other tangles.

      Delete
  3. both of these tiles make me happy! I especially love the first one: color and composition just jump right off the page;-) well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Michele, for your kind comment. 2 to 1 for you. You have Ria on your side.

      Delete
  4. I love your Auraknot tile! It's so festive and colourful and happy and well drawn and... everything :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ilse, for your kind comment. I hope I did your challenge justice.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind comment, Susan.

      Delete
  6. Now we can't pick a favorite tile, we like both of Susie's children er tiles just as much as the other.... even if we do think one is cuter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which one? Which one, Trudi? Tell me quick! Suspense again, huh? Not fair! I got a 3rd one, but that is for the Inspired by... July page end of month. Ha! Suspense you back!
      Oh...almost forgot to say "Thank you". Thank you, Trudi, for your ARGH!!! ... I mean, beautiful comment.

      Delete
  7. as always, you inspire with your creativity. I love both of these, but all those beadlines swirling out from the second one!!!! wow! good work

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your lovely comment, Heidi. I LOOOOOOve beads. I am the self proclaimed beads queen.🤗

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave a message if you have time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...