JellyPages.com

Sunday, February 25, 2018

DIVA Challenge 352 - Nested Hearts


For a full week I had no idea what to draw for this week's DIVA challenge, #352 - Nested Hearts. Maybe because of all the HEARTS we drew this February I started to hate all words starting with "H". Well, human organs starting with "H". Then I woke up Sunday morning and it hit me. I drew some balls in anticipation of the Olympic Rings a few weeks back, but never used them. So I thought what if I apply on 3 ..earts what I applied on the 3 balls?


Nested Hearts



And here the balls..


Patterns: Florz, Nzeppel, Beadlines



Then I also suffered from nostalgia. I read every once in while how tanglers go back in time to visit their first tiles and see the progress they made. So I wanted that "YEAH!!!" feeling, too, and visited my zentangle journal #1 (I glue all my tangle tiles into books). I started with Zen-tangling end of December 2015, so below some of my March 2016 tiles. Honestly, I don't think I made progress at all; in the contrary!!!! Doc, what do I do wrong?

Note the white glue mark. I progressed to using a different glue today!!!








Animal Happy Day

OK guys, so you didn't like cutey Lucas with 4 eyeballs (oO-Oo) from the previous post. You thought he was real? 

Nooooooouuuu! 

He is a very clever computer animation intended to star in a movie that helps people with Arachnophobia, irrational fear of spiders. Well, if you want to have another go at it, click here, else, click on the video below if you'd rather see a woman, oops, sorry, no more 'man' words, a woperson gets clawed lovingly painful, but she loves it and laughs!!!!!!







18 comments:

  1. Of course you have made a progress Susie, don't be so hard for yourself! At the moment, you know much more tangles and techniques (tangleations,compositions, combinations, shadowing, coloring) than in the beginning. I liked your work at first sight and I have seen many beautiful art since the day I discovered your site. My absolute favorites are the tiles you have made with Mistura. Also on this post I see lovely hearts and balls. Especially the hearts, surrounded by beadlines are uncomplicated but very nice. You have become a beautiful personal style of drawing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ria. I also like the Mistura tiles, but that is because Mistura is in them! But when I look at my old tiles....minimalism jumps to mind and that is what I have digressed from only too often.

      Delete
  2. Your nested hearts are simply gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ria is right, you are too critical of your work, Susie! Even the old Tangles are really beautiful. With this good starting point you have quickly developed into a master of the unconventional Tangles with an own inimitable style. Maybe not every tile may look "perfect" in your eyes, your overall output is fantastic. I am fascinated by your interpretations, which abstract the subject and reduce it to interesting details.
    Also this week your new work is wonderful, the nesting hearts are really sophisticated. My favorite is the beads sourounded heart.
    We have the anglicated saying "fishing for compliments". This time it worked perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We don't see our work the way how others see it, I understand that, but when I look through my old books...the tiles weren't so bad at all. Another point, I can see in YOUR tiles an effortless choice of tangles, specially the poetic flowered ones. You cannot see how I struggle just to get 3 tangles together unless somebody tells me. See the hearts. I couldn't find background tangles. My old ones look 'finished' to me; my news one often don't.

      Delete
    2. The longer you do a thing intensively, the higher the demands on yourself and the quality of the result. This is, I think, a normal process.
      I am myself rarely be really happy with my work, because many drawings and pictures spontaneously develop very differently than I ever imagined. I tend to overload my pictures and therefore admire your art of reducing. Sure we can inspire each other. I can learn from your your art to abstract and reduce, you can learn from my spontaneity. I think, it is not easy, but let's see if that works.

      Delete
    3. You have no idea how correct you are. E.g.: I pencil EVERYTHING!!!!!! But, I watched a video by M. Barlow with B'Twined and for the first time I took a black tile and a white gel pen and drew just B'Twined. Not one pencil stroke. But let's be honest, that was EASY. Don't ask me to do that with challenges.

      Delete
  4. I think every tile here is so cool! I love your Heart and ball tiles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Susie you had your own style when you first started! When you start at a 9 it's hard to see changes as apposed to those who start at 1 or 2! Don't worry, be happy 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeeeaaahhh! High 5, Trudi. Old tiles, yeaaahhh! Maybe if I bury my nose some more in my old journals... Forward to the past!
      PS: Did you meet Lucas...yet?

      Delete
  6. I love your little hearts! You packed so much into a small space. I'm glad I vaguely inspired you to Go Small!

    I loved seeing your early tiles too - you can see your style right there from the start, but now it is so much more refined and glorious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I said, I am not yet at your Small-Tile-Level, but I think drawing several small tiles with the challenge theme is better than trying to match with tangles when none jumps to mind.

      Delete
  7. Truly I am not usually a fan of heart-drawings, but I loved this one and loved all of these. It's clear your imagination was active right from the first tiles and has just expanded in the most recent ones. They're all gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you accept my first ones, too, M. I too thought they were not too bad for a Zentangle beginner. Thanks, Meridiana.

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave a message if you have time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...