JellyPages.com

Friday, February 23, 2018

Joey's Weekly Challenge 204 & IAST 231


Luckily I checked back on Joey's weekly challenge # 204 before posting, else I would be in the bog again. Clearly, it is written: "Finish My Tile" and not "Draw any bands you like"!

Back to the drawing board.

So this week I have 2 tiles again, but not because I didn't like the first tile as stated in my last post, but because I can't read.

Joey tile #2, the correct version, first. I drew the string as close to hers as I could, but the no framing makes me wonder. This 6 weeks of "Ribbons and Curls" journey...is it a continuity like a mosaic? Or is each tile an individual that has absolutely nothing to do with the previous or next tiles? ??? Hm..., Monday will tell!



Joey challenge #204 with Patterns: Hibred, ???, ZedBra, Flux, Dragonair, Flux, Nzeppel,  water bubbles, unfinished Nzeppel, Tipple, the new Helen William tangle  Spiral Rose (still need refinement. Mine! Not Helen's!), a divider, Hibred again
Patterns: Hibred, ???, ZedBra, Flux, Dragonair, Flux, Nzeppel,
water bubbles, unfinished Nzeppel, Tipple, the new Helen William tangle
Spiral Rose (still need refinement. Mine! Not Helen's!), a divider, Hibred again



Joey tile #1, the misfit. Told you. Don't draw a second tile if the first one pleases your eyes. This is an excellent example. But in this case.... Dear oh dear!


Joey's weekly Challenge #204 with Patterns: Hibred, Tipple, Printemps and February Hearts
Patterns: Hibred, Tipple, Printemps and February Hearts



On the Tickled to Tangle website IAST challenge #231 we celebrate the Olympics more discretely: we use 3 tangles that start with the letters G, S, and B for Gold, Silver, and Bronze. Having missed the last entry, I hurried to get his one done asap, which was still pathetically slow in this case: I finished a day before deadline. Huff! Puff!

Now don't ask where on earth is Gold? And where is Bronze? Well, there are 3 Gold (Golven), 15 Silver (Sand Swirl) and 2 Bronze (Barley) 'medals' in this tile. And one got 2 'medals'.


IAST Challenge # 231 with Patterns: Golven, Sand Swirl, Barley
Patterns: Golven, Sand Swirl, Barley




Animal Happy Day

Wanna bet?
Wanna bet that if you hate spiders this spider you won't? Don't dooooo it!! You will loO-Oose!!









16 comments:

  1. I love how you put dark lines in hebrid! So simple but effective. I'd make fun of you not being able to read directions but it happens to me ALL the time. BTW still don't like spiders.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. High 5, Trudi. Glad to have a partner in this degeneration of the brain. As for the spider, I never kill any, but I hate their webs.

      Delete
  2. Susie, I really like the tree tiles. Every piece has something special. On the first one, I'm fond of your tangleations on Hybrid, as wel abough as below, looks wonderful and I love the Spiral rose also. On the second one (the misfit)I like the tiny white accents and the lovely yellow tipple, the combination of just a few tangles and the hearts look very cool. It's very refreshing to see a heart that isn't red.The third one is my favorite, I love those warm colours with beautiful white highlights and the way you have drawn Golven is stunning. Also drawing Barny so big is gorgeous...
    I'm sorry but me too, don't like spiders.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Ria, you are so sweet. When I read about the tree tiles I was thinking madly whether you may have mix up comments. Now I just have a silly smile on my face. Thanks for noticing the stippling on misfit. I love Helen's Spiral Rose, but need more practice. It is an impressive tangle! And with IAST I loved the Olympic GSB theme. Clever! And although I wasn't a Sand Swirl fan prior to this tile, I was able to place it in 3 variations.

      Delete
  3. You had a very successful week with great results, Susie! My favorite is the "real" Joey part, because in addition to the great arrangement of the patterns, I like the colouring in soft blue notes. The other two tiles are just beautiful too. Your interpretation of Adele's theme is very sophisticated, the free and abstracted used patterns look really great. And your heartful "misfit" without sweetish kitschy pink or red is no misfit at all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Margarete, my Misfit sends you his regards and in his name and the names of the other 2 tiles thanks you for your very kind comment!!! Misfit is very pleased that you like its pale hearts and promised not to paint it kitschy pink EVER.
      Regards
      Misfit

      Delete
  4. These are all amazing Susie! Your misfit tile is my favorite not only because it's stunning but I've been going rogue on the Joey/IAST challenges for so long that it speaks to my inner rebel;-) Gorgeous work as always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michele, thanks a bunch for your comment. I loooove your combo Joey/IAST tiles. If I had the brains to do something only a little bit resembling yours, I'd be over the moon. Haven't commented yet, but will. Time was doing a sprint over here last week.

      Delete
  5. Beautiful tiles, Susie!! It is a tie between the two Joey tiles for my favorite. I love the bright yellow and uncomplicated look of the brown Joey tile, and I love your choice of tangles and the contrasts you achieved on the blue and black Joey tile. Also, the way you drew the bottom Hilbred on the blue and black tile looks really cool! I can't watch the spider video! I would probably have nightmares, haha!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your kind comment, Lisa. I love playing with tangles. Sometimes it works and there are times it doesn't. Important is only that I try. If you haven't seen the spider video...yet, the cute spider is called Lucas, he has 4 eyes oO-Oo, and he is a computer animation. The video is an intro to an animation movie that is to help people suffering from Arachnophobia, the irrational fear of spiders. Try watching it, but be aware, you might fall in love with cutey Lucas.

      Delete
  6. These are all so wonderful! My favorite is... I can’t choose a favorite! I love the peeking hearts and bright yellow bubbles on your “wrong” Joey tile. The babbling brook feel if the “right” Joey tile...like trees, really. That’s what I thought Ria was talking about...
    and the IAST tile reminds me of a gold medal, platform, athlete, music, and all! It’s all just so delightful! Well done

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You wouldn't believe it, now I am wondering what YOU are looking at. Trees???!!! OK, I got it! [Susie, a bit slow today, huh?) Not enough gold, but I can see what you mean in tile 3. Thanks so much for commenting and opening my eyes, Heidi.

      Delete
  7. Lovely tiles as usual! I especially like your Joey one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susan, thanks so much for visiting my blog and for your very kind comment.

      Delete
  8. And I love the last one! (I love them all but the last one really captured me.) Anything with Sandswirl in it gets my attention.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you know, not many commented on the last tile and it is my fav, too. Definitely my fav of these.

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave a message if you have time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...