JellyPages.com

Sunday, November 11, 2018

IAST 267/8, DIVA 375, Inktober18, Gratitangles18, and a Refresher


I had a rather busy days last week and could't put pen to paper for five days. The longest abstinence since I started tangling in Dec 2015. I suffered terrible withdrawal symptoms. However, now I am back with a vengeance....

I hadn't finished the last 4 days of Inktober 2018 tiles, so let's begin with them.

Inktober18 day 28 Oybay and 29 Wud.


Inktober18 day 28 Oybay, day 29 Wud
Tangle Patterns: Oybay, Wud



♻️ Inktober18 day 30 Frunky and 31 Cruffle, here on a toilet roll tile again, which I cut open and pulled over the table edge to flatten. I like the colors of these tiles and the drawing experience on the cardboard isn't bad either.


Inktober18 day 30 and 31 - Frunky and Cruffle on toilet roll tile
Tangle Patterns: Frunky, Cruffle



I never ever thought that WUD wud inspire me, but it did and wud not leave my mind until I did something about it. So here my "Inspired by...Wud" tiles.

Wud abstract. I love this one, I admit. The tile is from a business card sheet that is centuries old.


Inspired by...Wud, Wud abstract
Tangle Pattern: Wud abstract



Wud bookmark - and I don't even read physical books anymore. All digital. So much lighter to carry tons of books with you when going on holiday or moving house.


Wud Bookmark
Tangle Pattern: Wud



♻️ I hadn't finished my Wud bookmark tile when an idea popped up in my head..a silly idea. Here my Californian SF Wud Gate bridge. Bad weather was churning up in the East and it started to rain so I hurried home, else I wud have drawn several more Wud Gate bridge tiles on toilet rolls.


Tangle Patterns: Wud Gate bridge, Pop-Cloud, Sails, Diva Dance, Ruutz




My first tile after the torturous 5-day abstinence was for Adele, IAST challenge #267. I had to hurry if I wanted to meet the deadline. Drew it Saturday evening and took the photo Sunday morning outside in daylight. To live in the East, 12 hours away from the US, has definitely its advantages. The tile is a small Post-It notepaper.


IAST challenge #267 with basic tangles Crescent Moon, Pokeroot, and Static
Tangle Patterns:  Crescent Moon, Pokeroot, Static



....and then the new IAST #268 was published before I could count on 3. So I made this 2-sided Paradox.


Tangle Patterns:  Paradox 2-sided



I was still working on Inktober18 when a tangler friend sent me an images of the Gratitangles 2018 challenge running in FB. It's a Thanksgiving thing from what I understand and runs the 30 days of November. Love it! So here we go for November...

♻️ Gratitangles18 day 1 Rain with Icicles on a toilet roll tile.


Gratitangles18 day 1 - Rain with icycles on toilet roll tile
Tangle Pattern: Rain (with icicles)



Gratitangles18 day 2 and 4 with Pepper, as leaves, and Jetties. The blue thing on the right was supposed to be Cadent, now it is just extra stuff. Cadent got an extra tile, see below.

Gratitangles18 day 2 Pepper, day 4 Jetties
Tangle Patterns: Pepper, Jetties



Gratitangles18 day 5 Cadent in a day 7 Fracas string - sort of - on an old business card tile. Well, I guess the Fracas string probably doesn't count so Fracas is back to the drawing board so be drawn on another day.


Gratitangles18 day 5 Cadent with some Bales
Tangle Pattern:  Cadent, some Bales



DIVA challenge #375 with Burtz and Gratitangles 2018 day 3 with Opus and lots of Sez to replace some of Opus' Tipples.


DIVA #375 with tangle pattern Burtz and Gratitangles 2018 day 3 with Opus and lots of Sez
Tangle Patterns: Burtz, Opus, Sez



Refresher #190 - Bales, Aprox, Ah-nyx, Tessell, Torsdag. I made 2 tiles because, yes, I know I repeat myself, because I didn't like the first one. Unfortunately, the second one didn't turn out much better, so I blame it all on the tangles - but Tessell. I had to draw Tessell again....


Refresher #190 - Bales, Aprox, Ah-nyx, Tessell, Torsdag
Tangle Patterns: Bales, Aprox, Ah-nyx, Tessell, Torsdag


Refresher #190 - Bales, Aprox, Ah-nyx, Tessell, Torsdag
Tangle Patterns: Bales, Aprox, Ah-nyx, Tessell, Torsdag



Inspired by... Tessell. So here we go, a bookmark and 2 mini tiles.


Inspired by Refresher #190 tangle Tessell bookmark
Tangle Pattern: Tessell



Tessell in a wonky grid...


Inspired by Refresher #190 tangle Tessell in a wonky grid
Tangle Pattern: Tessell



....and here I took 2 of the suggested versions and combined them drawing one vertically and the other horizontally.


Inspired by Refresher #190 tangle Tessell
Tangle Pattern: Tessell



Other Art

Inside The Mind

When I came across this image I instantly started cleaning up MY mind...just in case.



Animal & Human Happy Day

Yes, a Human got adopted, too! Be warned though, this video is so cute you have to restrain yourself from running to the next orphanage and dog shelter to get yourself a pair.




Enjoy the weekend.





10 comments:

  1. Oooo....lovely tangles, lovely colors! That's a leafy Burtz. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind comment, Andrea. I admit, I like the way Burtz turned out with that little kink in the lines.

      Delete
  2. I like the twist in your Burtz,too... (Honest. I'm not just copying Andrea.) I also admire the way you take each tangle and deconstruct it into something new. I think that's the artistry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind comment, Duchess. I like to play with tangles and sometimes I surprise myself.

      Delete
  3. Very beautiful art. I like the variation of Burtz very much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the thumb up on Burtz, Fabienne.

      Delete
  4. Wow, I can see that you are back again and ..... with such beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving your kind comment, Annemarie.

      Delete
  5. Wow! What beautiful work. I came to see your Diva Challenge, which is just lovely. But all your other work is amazing, too. I especially love the Wud tile (so elegant!) and the 2-sided Paradox.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your kind feedback on my tiles, Karen. Wud was a tangle I admired when other tanglers drew it in their work... now I have found my way.

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave a message if you have time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...