JellyPages.com

Sunday, March 17, 2019

New Tangle Yang I.Am; Square One; Refresher 196 with Inspired by...; belated Zenuari tiles...

... and a hand full of animals.


Facebook Square One February 22 - 28 featurig IPSO.


Facebook Square One February 22 - 28: IPSO
Tangle Pattern: Ipso



Facebook Square One week March 15-21 with main attraction Cat-Kin. I added FlyDance, another SQ1 featured tangle from exactly a month ago. And, most importantly, lines from the corner (explained further below in a Zenuari tile).


Square One week March 15-21 with Tangle Patterns: Cat-Kin, FlyDance
Tangle Patterns: Cat-Kin, FlyDance



Another Square One prompt I caught up with. Week March 8-14 with Tamisolo with a solo performance on my tiles. Okay, okay, I did add a bead line and I did add tiny Fescu you can hardly see. So Tamisolo it is.


Square One week March 8-14 featuring Tamisolo - here with bead line
Tangle Pattern: Tamisolo with bead line

Square One week March 8-14 featuring Tamisolo - here with tiny fescu
Tangle Pattern: Tamisolo with tiny Fescu



Refresher #196 with tangles Squid, D’eneh, Dreamdex, Plingh, Papz


Refresher #196 with tangle patterns Squid, D’eneh, Dreamdex, Plingh, Papz
Tangle Patterns: Squid, D’eneh, Dreamdex, Plingh, Papz



Inspired by...D'eneh. In above refresher we were prompted to draw D'eneh. I had one look at the tangle and couldn't resist drawing what it was asking for - a vine. Hence this bookmark.


Inspired by...D'eneh
Tangle Pattern: D'eneh



Now here 2 Zenuari 2019 tiles that are similar as I used only one main tangle: Bocksbeutel by Margarete Gilge.

Both tiles are in honor of her. With the first tile, Zenuari 2019 day 14 with Idol Tangles, I knew there is no way I am able to draw the way she does. I would be more successful trying to fly using my arms. So I didn't even try. However, when she recently published her 9 tiles she intended for a birthday gift, I decided I will honor her by a) filling my tile with tangles she used in her gift and b) apply the same corner lines she used in an earlier Ela challenge tile that impressed me. The lines are so simple but have a great visual impact.


Zenuari 2019 day 14 - Idol Tangles:. Margarete Gilge. Bocksbeutel with lots of tangles for texture
Tangle Pattern: Bocksbeutel



BTW, Margarete drew quite a few tiles in my style. My initial reaction when I saw them was: HUH?? When did I draw these??? Quickly followed by the amazement that Margarete has drawn these tiles in my style better than I ever could. Yes, I am honored and humbled at the same time. There she is, a very accomplished professional artist taking the time to draw in my style and showing tile results beating mine in artistry any day of the week! Margarete, thank you so much.

This tile is for Zenuari 2019, day 13 - B.Y.O.B, Bring Your Own Booze, again with Margerete Gilge's tangle Bocksbeutel tangle. Hey, the theme was asking for Bocksbeutel.


Tangle Patterns: Bocksbeutel, Diva Dance, Anthem



My new tangle Yang I.Am.


Work by Eric Gjerde
Work by Eric Gjerde

My recent visit to flickr resulted in my discovery of Eric Gjerde's pages. As he writes, he got burnt out doing what he was doing (computer stuff) and needed something new and different to keep is creativity flowing...and thus he got into "...origami, and especially into very technical folding (often referred to as origami sekkei, or "technical paper folding".)...". I can't remember how much time I spent clicking and scrolling through his pages, but I do remember I couldn't stop going "Ohh!" and "WOW!" and "This is interesting...and that...". You can see his work here.

So I deconstructed the above pattern and named it in honor of my ex-foster cat Yang, the very same that showed his love for me by scratching and biting me. Yeap, didn't like the eye drop treatment or his blue transport basket. But more about Yang below...


My New Tangle Yang I.Am
Tangle Pattern: Yang I.Am



Yang I.Am with Ruutz leading into Strutz or Strutz leading into Ruutz.


My New Tangle Yang I.Am with Ruutz and Strutz
Tangle Patterns: Yang I.Am with Ruutz/Strutz



Yang I.Am Step-out


My new Tangle Yang I.Am Step-out
Tangle Pattern: Yang I.Am Step-out




Animal Happy Day

This is when I usually come to my animal videos...

However, today I would like to start with an intruder into my storeroom. Upfront: I am not afraid of snakes, but I do respect them. I am not silly. After all my years in Thailand I am used to having the occasional visitor, usually very thin and very small and more frightened out of its mind then I.  For these cases I have 2 square aquarium fishing nets to catch them in and carry them safely to the forestry area around the corner and that is that. But on this evening, when I was about to close and lock the storeroom door, out of the corner of my eye I saw something bulgy, foreign on top of the door. Yeap, it was a snake. A snake of the sort I felt was maybe a bit too big and strong for my nets.

So I called the police.

They came fairly quick, took a photo of the snake and sent it off to a professional snake catcher. That guy, on the phone, told us it was a small Boa and he will be on his way to catch it after he had caught another snake at another place. Wow! Another snake? Yes, busy time for snakes visiting people as I was told. Anyway, the catcher came and it was all over in a flash. He simply grabbed it at the head (jeez! the guy was hardly tall enough to reach the top of the door!!), and let it curl around his left arm after the police guys and I were able to take an image (see its tail?).

Catcher with Baby Boa

I was assured, first by the two police guys and later by the catcher, that they do not kill snakes. Let's hope so!

Now to my other house guests...cats...

...May I introduce you to Yin (behind Yang), Yang (in front of Yin), and Gem (right - and Gem's 2 kitties further below).


Yang, Yin, Gem

Over the past 2 months or so I was caught up helping my neighbor, Bon, taking care of 5 cats that became homeless due to the sudden death of their owner and our neighbor.

Yin & Yang. I gave them these names because a) they are both black & white and b) they are female and male, but they are not related! Yang joined the cat family when he was a tiny, sickly, kitten. He needed a lactating mother -> Yin and Gem's mum.

Yang: golden eyed, ringed tailed, beauty spot on his right, very shy, and loves food.

Yang

Yin: light blue eyes, independent, on the prowl during the day and probably disco dancing most nights. Beauty spot on her left.


Yin

Yin's sister Gem. I named her Gem because that is what she is, a gem. Beautiful in character and beautiful with her golden, Citrine eyes, and the smallest of the 3. She didn't mind sharing my chair I sat on with me or my bed I slept in with me. Of all the 3 she is the biggest schmoozer. Oh, their new owner? A jeweler's family.


Gem

Gem's babies. They were the first to go. They are now residing in Bangkok and, as is obvious, are being spoiled crazy. Their wearing little coats during the hot season indicates to me that they enjoy aircon housing. Be a cat in Bangkok is maybe not so bad after all.


Gem's offspring

Bon did a marvelous job. She not only found them all wonderful homes, but she also made sure they got all the necessary vaccinations and were all rendered useless for further cat population before they left us.

"It was a pleasure caring for you, guys. May you live happily forever!"

And this brings me to my post closing video...of course, about a cat.

I had to post this video. This happened in the country of my "joice" (= short for "joyous choice"). Thailand has a big heart for animals.




Thank you for stopping by, enjoy Spring and keep tangling!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...