JellyPages.com

Friday, April 14, 2017

Alphabet Challenge Letter O


While this week's alphabet letter challenge is O and we are to use O2 as the prevailing tangle, here in Thailand we celebrate Thai New Year, or Songkran. Traditionally the younger dipped fingers in a silver bowl of water and gently sprayed their elders to indicate honor and respect. Today the tradition has somewhat changed and many prefer to stay home and safe as it can get quite wild. Where I live we will have our big day this coming April 18th. But I digress...

I search the net for more O named patterns that go along with O2 and found two new ones I fell instantly in love with: olin and opally. Just to be introduced to these two patterns made this particular challenge worth its entire while. Thanks, Joey.

So here my tile with tons of Os everywhere, but to be considered my capital O!!!


Patterns: O2, Onamato, Olin



My lowercase o is more subdued, not so flashy as most of my tiles end up to be, but, if you can see it, I enhanced the tiny 'o's glued to the big 'O's with sparking nail polish. After the disaster with my eye shadow experience I hit the bullseye with rose glitter nail polish.


Patterns: O2, Opally, Glitter Nail Polish




Animal Happy Day

Do you know Eldad Hagar?

I am sure many of the tanglers all over the world love animals, have a pet, or, in some small (or big) way lent a helping hand to an animal in distress. Some of the tanglers may even know the man, who I admire from afar, Eldad Hagar. He has become the leading animal rescuer for mainly street dogs in L.A., USA, but doesn't shy away from going a step or two further. I have been following his rescue missions on YouTube for years and always wondered, who is this Hope for Paws guy? If you wonder, too, wonder no longer. Here the impressive interview with this 'extreme' dog rescuer.

His videos can be found at youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/user/eldad75/videos

I have to warn you though. If you start watching one video you may well end up clicking on the next and next....until you forget picking up your kids from school. Here a sampling:







4 comments:

  1. Great O's Susie, the small O's make me think of a fantasy illustration really cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Trudi! Now that you mention it....

      Delete
  2. I'm glad those puppy's were saved and I have a lot of respect for people who are helping animals. Thanks for this video with an happy end!
    I love the idea of the Thai New Year but I have no idea how it is in reality...
    About your tiles: they are always amazing, especially the yellow one has such a beautiful composition and I'm fond of these colours!I forgot almost to say but your tangles are drawn absolutely fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I agree with you fully about the puppy rescue. His latest shows a cat mom with her 4 babies rescue from inside a 60ft - 18m rain pipe. Fabulous!
      Thanks so much for your complimenting words on my O tile. They came in time to uplift and push me for the IAST challenge - the 2nd try. First is a flop.

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave a message if you have time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...