JellyPages.com

Tuesday, April 04, 2017

Inspired by... Nouvart


It was with the It's a String Thing IAST #190 challenge that I saw Ria Matheussen's new pattern Nouvart in a different way. I may not yet have the perfect tile, but the vision is clear.

It started when I drew the sketch for the IAST #190 tile. I never drew Nouvart before, so I thought a practice session can't hurt. Below the sketch, which I later finished with tipple. The dirt on the tile is eye shadow. Ria mentioned in her latest post Candles, Watercolour and Bistre to use Bistre Powder. Me, having no idea what Bistre powder is, thought eye shadow will do and made the biggest mess in my personal Zentangle carrier. The eye shadow was everywhere and stained anything.


Inspired by... Nouvart with Patterns: Nouvart, Tipple
Patterns: Nouvart, Tipple



My IAST #190 is based on this sketch, but in the back of my mind there was something else nagging me. So I started another tile, a fun tile - non-IAST, and combined nouvart and abeko.


Inspired by... Nouvart with Patterns: Nouvart, Abeko
Patterns: Nouvart, Abeko



While drawing above tile, I stuck some nouvart in the corner to fill the emptiness... and while drawing it, it all of a sudden hit me: EUREKA, I see it now!!!!! Crystal!!!! So I drew 2 more tiles and although I love them both, I am not there yet. Close though, but something is still missing. Maybe later... If anyone sees what is missing, let me know.


Inspired by... Nouvart with Patterns: Nouvart as a natural crystal
Pattern: Nouvart as a natural crystal




Inspired by... Nouvart with Patterns: Nouvart as a natural colored crystal
Pattern: Nouvart as a natural colored crystal






2 comments:

  1. Also in this post, I see lovely work.To combine Nouvart with other tangles is not so easy but you did a great job.
    My absolute favorite is Nouvart, drawn as a natural crystal, a gorgeous monotangle!!! Thank you very much for sharing those beauties!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Ria. This time we finally agree on a favorite tile. BTW - I forgot, congratulations for being adopted into the CZT Family Tree. Well done, Ria, you deserve the honors!

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave a message if you have time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...