JellyPages.com

Saturday, April 21, 2018

DIVA 360, IAST 239, Joey 212 & HaKrall Friends


Remember this tile? That is HaKrall & Friends. It was months back, September 8, 2017 to be precise, when Lynn Mead from A Tangler’s Mind published her post HaKrall and Friends – Building Bridges. I was so impressed, I bookmarked the post’s link, set a reminder to pop up every week on Sunday, but time flew by with me doing nothing but snoozing every wake-up call back to sleep for another week. So I did something that didn’t come easy: In order to gain time for my Zentangle projects I disabled my comment section for my blog posts in order to not feel guilty when I step back a while from me giving comments to others. Please forgive, guys, but I have a “TIWTD List” (This-I-Want-To-Do List) and I am getting ahead now albeit in mini steps. So here I am with one of my list items, Lynn’s fantastic HaKrall and Friends B’twined and Stoic (or Twile).

I started by collecting grid patterns. It became quickly obvious that Lynn had chosen all the best tangles for her masterpiece. I finally decided to go for a flowery theme….

Hakrall and Friends: Tangle Patterns: Flair, CC, Petal Pusher
Tangle Patterns: Flair, CC, Petal Pusher


Before I had finished the tile, it became blatantly clear, I didn't get what 'Building Bridges' was all about. Indeed, the time I spent looking for patterns I had forgotten about the instructions. So I dropped everything and went back to Lynn's page. I drew what she drew (a la learn by doing) and then I outlined her "Bridges".


Tangle Patterns: Hakrall, B’twined and Stoic
as Lynn drew it



I had an AHA moment and voila, tile #2 was born.


Hakrall and Friends: Tangle Patterns: Up and Across, Wisket, Y-Ful Power
Tangle Patterns: Up and Across, Wisket, Y-Ful Power



Then Joey's email snowed in with her 212 challenge featuring Relly Telly One. WOW! Under my hand was a tile with Huggins in the middle and Huggins looked...exactly like Relly Telly One. Two flies with one stroke!

Hakrall and Friends and Joey's Challenge #212 with Tangle Patterns: Huggins-cum-Relly Telly One, Fragment K4-cum-Palrevo, Xav-cum-Xav
Tangle Patterns: Huggins-cum-Relly Telly One,
Fragment K4-cum-Palrevo, Xav-cum-Xav



The following two tiles are "Building Bridges" failures I am proud of. Lynn, it was so much fun to search for tangles I could combine in any way, anyhow, and come up with great little tiles. Sometimes I had Bridges, then Tunnels, and Highways or Crossroads, but with each tile finished I wanted to do another one. Thanks so much for this interesting challenge! If anybody wants to check out Lynn's Hakrall & Friends - Building Bridges and read up on the instructions, click here.

Hakrall and Friends: Tangle Patterns: Bridge, Carre's, Akira
Tangle Patterns: Bridge, Carre's, Akira

Hakrall and Friends: Tangle Patterns: Flair, CC, Petal Pusher in color

Tangle Patterns: Flair, CC, Petal Pusher
Same as 1st tile, but in color




Since I am still in the HaKrall Friends layout mode and mood I kept on through this DIVA #360 challenge sporting Shattuck and Tripoli, but minus bridges. However, I had to add one more tile... more along my style, too.


DIVA Challenge #360 with Tangle Patterns: Shattuck, Tripoli
Tangle Patterns: Shattuck, Tripoli


DIVA Challenge #360 with Tangle Patterns: Shattuck, Tripoli
Tangle Patterns: Shattuck, Tripoli




IAST #239 this week had us draw Tupuk, Flec, and Fassett. I have a good standing with the first two, but the latter always gives me a headache. So I thought what if I will give Fassett a spin? I like insects, so I started this challenge by drawing a Fassett abstract dragon-fly....


Inspired by IAST #239 Fassetted Abstract Dragon-fly
Fassetted Abstract Dragon-fly


Nope! Not there yet. But I had added the flower.... Hmm, maybe! Just maybe! I started a new tile and drew 3 different Fassett-spinned flowers...


Inspired by IAST #239 Fassetted Flowers
Fassetted Flowers


Weeeelll... No, not really either. Fassett and I are still not friendly. But now it is time to draw my tile. I tried to somehow connect the 3 tangles, but it wasn't to be. However, I like the lifted black middle part in Fassett. So there is still hope. And I hope, I will remember that lifted black triangle when the next Fassett challenge hops along.


IAST Challenge #239 with tangles patterns: Tupuk, Flec, Fassett
Tangle Patterns: Tupuk, Flec, Fassett



And last but not least the flavor of the week tangles: Ilac by Ria Matheussen and AmyBaby by YuRu Chen.


Inspired by Tangle Patterns: Ilac, AmyBaby
Tangle Patterns: Ilac, AmyBaby



Animal Happy Day

And here my video of the week. You have to look fast to see the trick!




Have a splendid weekend!!!





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...