JellyPages.com

Saturday, August 25, 2018

Square One Fan Club, Summer Tangles, and Spoolies with Overlap Outlines


Square One week August 17 - August 23, 2018: FAN CLUB

My initial response to the challenge was: take a break. I wasn't all that keen into drawing Fan Club. Then, only God knows why, I ended up drawing two tiles. Go figure. The first tile is the result of a movie inspiration: 'Upside Down', a story of twin worlds, one rich one poor, each comprising the sky of the other. The movie didn't impress me much, but the concept came in handy.

Square One with focus on Fan Club with Nzeppel, Tipple
Tangle Patterns: Fan Club, Nzeppel, Tipple



...and here the pale-in-comparison Fan Club tile or the reason why my initial approach to this challenge was to skip it.


Square One with focus on Fan Club with Tipple
Tangle Patterns: Fan Club with Tipple



Summer Tangles 2018 next.

August 14, 15, 17, and 19 - Leafslide, Rashell, Floatfest, and Warped Eggs as texture. To give the tile more contrast I wanted to fill some of the Floatfest loops with black. I was pretty disappointed when I noticed there was exactly only ONE white space that didn't have a black loop touching. Guys, I have no idea how you can just draw and create wonderful beauties while I - obviously - need major planning!


Summer Tangles 2018 August 14, 15, 17, and 19 with Leafslide, Rashell, Floatfest, Warped Eggs
Tangle Patterns: Leafslide, Rashell, Floatfest, Warped Eggs



August 13th - Bijou. I had absolutely no idea what to draw to make my tile 'bijou-y', but rings can be bijou, right? Here, too, I ended up with 2 tiles and sporting the same main subjects. My first result was the fully tangle loaded tile. The rings, or Bijoux, didn't stick out, so I made another, semi filled tile with the same rings (same rings? Who does that? I!). Now, in my eyes that is my Summer Tangle Bijou tile on the listing as August 13th. (Mental note: Susie, make auras! OOOOOOOras!!!!)


Summer Tangles August 13th - Bijou semi filled tile
Bijou tile semi filled

Summer Tangles August 13th - Bijou overloaded
Bijou tile overloaded



I have refresher #185 in the works since a few days, but the tangle combo doesn't work for me (Finery, Pezember, Lily-Eyes, Spoolies, and Puffy 8's). When I did the marathon refresher catch-up there were several tangle bundles I had difficulties with, but I always got something together pretty soon. Now, that I have more time, that 'time' is like a brain blocker. So there is some truth in the saying: If you want something done ask a busy person to do it.

Here 3 of the 5 tangles from the refresher I had never done before = Training Tiles.

♻️ Pezember on a recycle tile - or Pezember the headache.

Tangle Pattern: Pezember
Tangle Pattern: Pezember


Pezember and Lily-Eyes

Tangle Patterns: Pezember, Lily Eyes
Tangle Patterns: Pezember, Lily Eyes



Spoolies with Overlap Outlines.

Instead of making the overlaps look like they are over and under each other, I drew both outer lines, but not the other crossing lines.

Tangle Pattern: Spoolies with Overlap Outlines
Tangle Pattern: Spoolies with Overlap Outlines


Animal Happy Days

The monsters from next door.
Psst! They are asleep on Shadow's towel pile in my storeroom!



"Hello, no-names!" Aren't they adorable little cuties? (When they don't play in my delicate fern plants during the night. Grrr***!!!!)





Animal Happy Day

4 dog desert rescue - I almost bit my nail off on this one




If you plan to adopt a pet rabbit you might want to remember to purchase a rabbit bathroom double the size of the rabbit or larger.








Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...