JellyPages.com

Tuesday, February 28, 2017

February 2017 Refreshers


And on goes my tangle pattern learning personal challenge. End of yet another month and I had (only) been able to produce 7 plus one duplicate refresher tiles. The last 2 I hurried to get done and it is noticeable. I herewith pledge to not hurry my tiles anymore and not to let a webpage 'unfluence' my good intentions. Wow, that is a big statement. Let's see how far it carries.

February started with tanglepatterns.com's refresher #52. I have to confess that I didn't like henna drum and actually skipped this refresher a few times previously because of it. But then I came across Helen Williams' Henna Drum version for a diva challenge and I fell in love with her henna drum version. Now it is one of my favorites. Thanks, Helen.


Tangle pattern refresher 52 Beeline, Henna Drum, Cvetic, Maylea, Girdy
Patterns: Beeline, Henna Drum, Cvetic, Maylea, Girdy



Refresher #16. I loooove wist and I don't loooooove lotus pods. Printemps is an all-time favorite pattern of mine. It is ideal to fill spaces or give texture to an otherwise dull pattern and in this particular case to correct mistakes. Somehow that border line on the left coming from the bottom slipped up. So I extended the mistake and filled it with my trusty printemps.


Tangle pattern refresher #16 Wist, Lotsadots, Printemps, Lotus Pods, Echo
Patterns: Wist, Lotsadots, Printemps, Lotus Pods, Echo



And here yet another mistake. The big black plop was once one of the patterns for the tanglepattern.com refresher #64. The pattern looked so bad I couldn't accept it. So it was either start anew or paint over the misfit.  Now it is a solid and not-so-bad looking base in the tile's design as if planned from the get-go.


Tangle pattern refresher 64 Zinger, Puffle, Khirkee, Sandswirl, CO2
Patterns: Zinger, Puffle, Khirkee, Sandswirl, CO2



I made two tiles with the tanglepattern.com refresher #60 patterns. First was the yellow tile and its completion was - OK. But then an idea popped up in my head and the green tile was born - Better. I love scrolled feather with those fine hairlines while I look at it; drawing it is a different matter. Lots of practice sketching precedes the pattern version on a tile.


Tangle Pattern Refresher # 60 Scrolled Feather, Aura-Leah, Copada, Llilly, Eke
Patterns:Scrolled Feather, Aura-Leah, Copada, Llilly, Eke



Tangle Pattern Refresher # 60 Scrolled Feather, Aura-Leah, Copada, Llilly, Eke
Patterns: Scrolled Feather, Aura-Leah, Copada, Llilly, Eke



Would you believe I had to draw the tangle pattern refresher #57 three times before I could accept the result? Since all five patterns are grid patterns I started my first failure by putting the grids in a string. I am not much into strings/grids, but I thought these patterns are asking for a traditional Zentangle tile execution. The second was one pattern in a grid-string, slainte, the rest free. Still, nope, didn't like it, but it was getting better. So the tile below is refresher #57.v3 and final result: no string! no grids! and albeit no breathtaking achievement, I can live with it. Anyway, I was getting impatient and just wanted to be done with it.


Tangle pattern refresher #57 Assunta, Sparkool, Fanz, Slaint, Spokes
Patterns: Assunta, Sparkool, Fanz, Slaint, Spokes



Tanglepattern.com refresher #59 is maybe not one of my better tiles, but, jeez, do I love the pattern camelia when not in a grid. Again a pattern I can let flow boldly. Similar the Pattern vanity. One of these days I will have to make a monotangle with vanity. The pattern I am least impressed in this refresher is cool beans.


tanglepattern.com refreshers 59 Knightsbridge, Camelia, Vanity, Cle, Cool Beans
Patterns: Knightsbridge, Camelia, Vanity, Cle, Cool Beans



The last refresher for this month is #7. This is the most hurried one (remember, that wont happen again!!). I wanted to squeeze in one last refresher tile for February. At the snail speed I am going with these refreshers I will be doing them for the next 5 years with new ones coming out every month. Finery is my favorite closely followed by w2.


tanglepatterns.com refresher 7 Finery, Shattuck, W2, Voxter, Intersection
Patterns: Finery, Shattuck, W2, Voxter, Intersection




Click on the image below to visit all the Refreshers I have done thus far in my flickr album.


Tanglepatterns Refreshers



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave a message if you have time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...