JellyPages.com

Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Inspired by... February 2017


I learn many new tangles from the refresher tiles I draw which I find on Linda Farmer's tanglepatterns website. New refreshers are published fortnightly and re-introduce 5 tangles per publication. Oftentimes a tangle fancies its way into my heart and I cannot resist but have to draw a monotile with my new 'favorite' tangle. Other big inspiration sources are youtube videos made by great tangle artists, or an inspirational email from a tangler buddy sails into my inbox. There are tons of great patterns and tile ideas out there on the Internet and I wished I could draw 24/7.

Elata
I found the Elata (by Shazia) tangle when I needed 'e' tangles to fill my 'e' tile in Joey's alphabet letter challenge. I only drew a fraction of the tangle for the challenge, but knew, I had to come back to it and draw some more. It is a beautiful organic tangle, yes, mam.


Patterns: Elata, Knightsbridge, Fescu
Patterns: Elata, Knightsbridge, Fescu



Henna Drum
Henna Drum (by Maria Tovar, CZT) is a tangle I learnt to love once I saw Helen Williams beautiful interpretation and drawing of it. Ever since I am a Henna ...eh, Helen Williams fan. OK, Henna Drum as well. I used the same a la Helen Williams Henna Drum style for my refresher tile #52. Needless to say I had to draw a Henna Drum monotile as well to add to my personal Zentangle collection.


Inspired by... Helen Williams' version of Henna Drum
Pattern: Henna Drum a la Helen Williams



Wist
Wist (by Michele B. CZT) is an inspiration I came across while drawing the tangle Refresher #16. It is another organic tile I am very fond of.


Inspired by... Wist, another interesting organic tangle
Pattern: Wist



Aura Leah
Another refresher (#60) tangle introduction, Auro Leah (by Carla du Preez). I pick the refreshers randomly, which adds a little more 'excitement' to the picking. Okay, that is bull, but I noticed that I am not in the same tangle drawing mood all the time. There are days a challenging tangle puts me off, while the next I could kill to get my pen working on it.


Inspired by Aura Leah
Pattern: Aura-Leah - Love the pattern


Inspired by Aura Leah
Pattern: Aura-Leah



Copada
Copada (by Margaret Bremner, CZT) engraved on elephant tusks. The elephant was patiently sitting still for the whole duration of the artwork and has now become completely worthless to poachers. Jupee!!! ... Wishful thinking. However, wouldn't it be nice if it was true?

Here the inspiration came also from the refresher #60.


Inspired by the tangle Copada
Pattern: Copada



Flukes and Joki
I used to draw Flukes (by Zentangle) in grids all the time. Didn't think it could be drawn otherwise until I saw a tile, where it was strewn all over the place. Unfortunately I cannot remember where I saw the tile, else I would link to it. Flukes was a pattern choice by Adele Bruno for her It's a string Thing (IAST) challenge #181, the first I partook.

Joki is one of those patterns, I had on the list of patterns to draw since middle October last year. I waited long enough as it is, so here it is and a beauty it is to draw!!! Joki was created by Kim Arts and you can find the step-out on Dawn's website.


inspired by the tangles Flukes broken in tiles, Joki, Tipple
Patterns: Flukes broken in tiles, Joki, Tipple



Sweetheart Slide
My take on Sweetheart Slide (by Diane Lackanee, CZT) after I saw it on Michele's site during the letter G challenge. I mentioned in my comment to her that I have to try Sweetheart Slide and so I did. Thanks, Michele, for the intro. Your description of how you attacked and mastered the tangle was a big part that kicked me to try as well.


inspired by the tangle Sweetheart Slide
Pattern: Sweetheart Slide



Waybop
IAST #184 was a Waybop (by Zentangle) challenge. I flunked it. Completely. Didn't practice first and hardly studied it. So it serves me right that I had to do another Waybop tile. This is a combination with my old style of doodling and I am getting closer to the original Waybop tangle.
Thus far, Waybop is  not going anywhere and still resides on my tangle practicing list.


Inspired by the tangles Waybop, Printemps, Tipple, Springkle
Patterns: Waybop, Printemps, Tipple, Springkle



Camelia
Camelia pattern is a new favorite of mine. Guess who or what inspired me...Helen Williams. Easy, right? Because the wonky grid gave it away. However, this is not an HW pattern, but was created by Anne Marks. Thanks, Anne, for a great tangle and thanks, Helen, for a great wonky grid interpretation.


Inspired by the tangle Camelia
Pattern: Camelia



W2 and Intersection
W2 (by Suzanne McNeill) is a tile I always confuse with Huggins. They are the same, I bet, but they are not. From what I know W2 has square of rectangle interweaving holes (if I can say that) and with Huggins they are round. W2 was a tangle I 'was forced to learn under duress' (no, I am kidding) for refresher #7. And, for a non-organic tile, I like it.

Intersection (also by Suzanne McNeill) was also for refresher #7, so I thought I throw in my exercise tile just for good measure.


Inspired by the tangles W2, with Tipple, Lapin (my own), and some others
Patterns: W2, with Tipple, Lapin (my own), and some others.


Inspired by the tangle Intersection
Pattern: Intersection





A word:
I try to accredit the creators of all the tangles and/or the source where I found them. If, however, you notice that I neglected a credit, a credit is misplaced, a link to a source is not working, or any other misplaced information, please let me know either through the contact form on the right/bottom, or leave a comment and I will remedy the carelessness. Much appreciated.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave a message if you have time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...