JellyPages.com

Thursday, June 22, 2017

Alphabet Challenge Letter Y


Countdown Z - Y. This week's alphabet challenge at Joey's site is the letter Y, or #170, or the second last letter in the alphabet, or only two more tiles to go. In other words, two more tiles and I have actually finished a "Finish My Tile" theme in its completeness. I am not an avid beer drinker, but occasionally drink one in the evening to relax. A friend of mine came over yesterday and brought two bottles of wheat beer. I marked one of the bottles to lose its seal right after the very last stroke is done on my very last Z-tile in celebrations. I can hardly wait.

Here my lowercase y. Not one of my best weeks, but then I had several of these in the past and I start accepting the fact that we all have good and bad days and I should not be so critical.

I tried to be loyal to Yuma. I practiced it again and again and it never turned out 'right'. So I decided to go for Yuma tangelations on both tiles. I also tried my hand on gems. Here, too, I am still practicing those.


Alphabet Challenge Letter Y with tangle Patterns: Yuma, Yang, Y-Chain
Patterns: Yuma, Yang, Y-Chain



The capital Y tile got a bit out of bounds. Although I like the Yuma tangelation better on this tile, it is clear like water that the tangles are just plastered on the tile without giving a thought. Plus, the Y has lost some of its Yew-Dee altered tiles and is falling apart. So while the whole thing looks a mess, life goes on.


Alphabet Challenge Letter Y with tangle Patterns: Yuma, Yew-Dee, Yoga
Patterns: Yuma, Yew-Dee, Yoga



My exercise Yuma tangelation tile.


Yuma tangle pattern tangelation
Pattern: Yuma tangelation




Animal Happy Day

I love to watch rescue videos by Animal Aid Unlimited in India. They are doing an incredible job rescuing all kinds of animals including donkeys. In this video they rescue a baby donkey with a hole in its head from certain death. Well done, guys!




Link to next Alphabet Letter Challenge: Z
Link to previous Alphabet Letter Challenge: X




10 comments:

  1. I really like the lower case y your Yuma kinda looks like a butterfly hovering over it. It looks like Yuma invaded a Rorschach paint blob on your other tiles! Cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. y: Now that you mention it...yes, looks kinda like a butterfly. Totally unintended. I concentrated massively on producing a Yuma I can live with. Y: Naughty Yuma - all out to confuse people. What would the result be if I said YUMA in the Rorschach test? Being crazy? 😀 Love your commenting, Trudi. Thanks.

      Delete
  2. I love your Yuma tangleations! All of your tiles are very cool;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind comment, Michele.

      Delete
  3. Your interpretation of YUMA is unique, very emotional and not so rigid and geometrical as usual. I like both your tiles. The first one looks elated with flowers and butterfly, the second with the falling Yew-Dee is interesting and exciting. Greetings form Germany, Margarete

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind comment, Margarete. My second Y was so old, it fell to pieces before I could take a picture and upload. Love grungy stuff.

      Delete
  4. Your tiles are always so lovely! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your tiles are great. I love the way you did a tangleation of Yuma, which has been a tough pattern for me to work with.

    The video? First it made me sick, watching what they were doing to her wound, poor baby. Then I had tears in my eyes and a big grin. What they did for her, and how they did it, was truly amazing. There should be many more, just like them!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your kind comment, Anonymous. Same here, I also had trouble with the original Yuma.
      Video. These people in India are absolutely fantastic. I have seen many of their videos. Mainly they help street dogs, but like in this case, if an animal is in need of help they don't ask what kind of fur it is wearing. And sometimes they are called just to rescue a wild animal from a fall into a well or a cow that is stuck in a wide gap in the road. Nothing is too complicated for them or too dirty.

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave a message if you have time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...