JellyPages.com

Friday, June 09, 2017

DIVA Challenge 319


DIVA challenge #319 runs under the theme "Beads of Courage", which is totally unfamiliar to me. At first, when I read the post I didn't know what to make of it. What was I supposed to do and what is this BEads of Courage all about? I waited a couple of days to give others time to submit their tiles, hoping I will 'get the drift'. Indeed, the waiting was worth it as I came across MaggiBee's post where she explained the cause of "BEads of Courage". What a great cause and, no, this is not a challenge I want to miss. Thanks, MaggiBee!

So, off I went to my drawing board and did a training tile first before attempting the real one on a watercolored background. I used only one tangle - and the beads of course - as I thought it was enough. (Jean was on my mind.)


DIVA challenge 319, BEads of Courage with  Pattern: Domizil and bead balls
 Pattern: Domizil and bead balls



This is the training tile. Simple...I like simplicity.


Training Tile to DIVA challenge 319, BEads of Courage with  Pattern: Domizil and bead balls
Pattern: Domizil and beads



I couldn't resist. Photoshoped a fading reflexion background. It just looks so much more interesting.



DIVA challenge 319, BEads of Courage with  Pattern: Domizil and bead balls with fading background




Animal Happy Day

All live matters! Just ask this mum, who waits patiently for her babies to be rescued.








16 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Anne, for your kind WOWs. I was lucky with the background as I forgot to make the paper wet first. 😉

      Delete
  2. gorgeous tiles :-))
    Gudrun S.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful tiles! I like the colours and the composition. Best wishes from Germany, Margarete

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for you kind comment, Margarete, and welcome to my site. Colors are definitely your (!) strength, but I have to admit, I like the outcome of this red/brown wc bg although I am not much at all into - yes! - red/brown.

      Delete
  4. Without making the paper wet first, you wind up with more vibrant colors. This is so beautiful with the intense black against those gorgeous colors. You made me chuckle at the idea of a "training" tile! Good name for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for your lovely comment, Jean. You are correct about the intense black. Usually draw with Micron, but I ruin them when drawing on wc paper. So I bought the Dong-A Jell Zone 0.5 Jell ink pen (Amazon got it) which was a dream come true to work with on this tile. ..and it still works perfectly. It was a lucky buy, but believe me, next time I go shopping I will get myself some more.

      Delete
  5. Fantastic! I just love both your tiles! Innovative composition and design. Gorgeous artwork! I especially love the background! I must try that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Deanne, for your kind comment. While drawing the tile I realized that my bg already 'told' half the story, so I stopped myself from overloading the tile.

      Delete
  6. Amazing work Susie! I love your bold graphic style. That subtle framing is the perfect finishing touch and that background...Wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind comment, Michele. The background was pure luck...more of a mistake that Jean explained. I am not a frame person. A few thin lines maybe with a corner or two to give the drawing a hold are often enough.

      Delete
  7. I don't quite like the training tile as much as the final one- but almost. But what's the pattern you've used? And where are the step outs? I love it, really do. And then that background, wow. You've triumphed with this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your lovely comment, Margaret. LOL. OK, I agree on the training tile, it did look a lot better BEFORE I did the colored tile. 😀
      The tangle is called "Domizil" by Silke Wagner. You can find it on Dawn's site pattern-collections dot com, letter D. Scroll all the way to the bottom of the page as it falls outside the a-z rule for some reason.

      Delete
  8. Gorgeous! These are stunning tiles, Susie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind comment, Sidney.

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave a message if you have time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...