JellyPages.com

Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Inspired by... May 2017


The Starfish Tangle Family
The main focus on this month's Inspired by... was definitely the Starfish tangle family by Nicole Dreyer. All of a sudden there were all these slightly different Starfish tangle step-outs released and I was hooked. They are organic, they are fun, and they are undeniably beautiful!

Starfish Flower with Mooka


Inspired by... May 2017 - Patterns: Starfish Flower with some Mooka
Patterns: Starfish Flower with some Mooka


Starfish-Too with Lapin


Inspired by... May 2017 - Patterns: Starfish-Too with my own tangle Lapin
Patterns: Starfish-Too with my own tangle Lapin


Starfish Flowerbarrel with Joki


Inspired by... May 2017 - Patterns: Starfish Flowerbarrel with Joki
Patterns: Starfish Flowerbarrel with Joki


Starfish Flower on a loop string


Inspired by... May 2017 - Pattern: Starfish Flower on a loop string
Pattern: Starfish Flower on a loop string

Inspired by... May 2017 - Loop string for above Starfish tile
Patterns: Loop string for above Starfish Flower


Starfish Double Barrel, Starfish Barrel with Henna Drum, Starfish Flowerbarrel with Cattails and Tipple


Inspired by... May 2017 - Patterns: Top: Starfish Double Barrel, middle: Starfish Barrel with Henna Drum, bottom: Starfish Flowerbarrel with Cattails and Tipple
Patterns: Top: Starfish Double Barrel,
Middle: Starfish Barrel with Henna Drum,
Bottom: Starfish Flowerbarrel with Cattails and Tipple


There is one more in the Starfish family I missed out thus far: Starfish Ribbon. Maybe one of these days....


Ta-Da! 
(by Margaret McKerihan) I had to put this pillow on the net. It was my exercise tile to the letter challenge T. Undoubtedly, the training tile came out better.


Inspired by... May 2017 - Pattern: Tada
Pattern: Tada


Pop't
Training Tile for my Refresher tile #100. Pop't (by Sadelle A. Wiltshire), like its name, is a real cutey.


Inspired by... May 2017 - Pattern: Pop't
Pattern: Pop't


Afterglo
If you didn't recognize it as Afterglo by Carole Ohl, I don't blame you. I have seen better ones, too, but I own it. Exercise tile for refresher # 28.


Inspired by... May 2017 - Pattern: Afterglo with some ends hanging off it
Pattern: Afterglo with some ends hanging off it


Molygon Coin Collection
This is a belated tile to DIVA's Molygon Study. I hadn't finished enough coins by the time I uploaded the DIVA's Molygon Study page. Better late than never.


Inspired by... May 2017 - Pattern: Molygon
Pattern: Molygon


Dutch Hourglass and Longwood
These two tangles are a part of the Refresher #27. Fine, you are not impressed with this tile and wonder why on earth did she waste the place and put it up at all. I agree, I am not impressed with it either. However, sometimes we place a tile because it jiggles happy memories. Yes, I fully enjoyed drawing these two tangles. Longwood (by Jjla Barbera) reminds me a bit of checkers. Dutch Hourglass is by Magaret Bremner.


Inspired by... May 2017 - Patterns: Top left: Dutch Hourglass, bottom right: Longwood
Patterns: Top left: Dutch Hourglass, bottom right: Longwood


Tamisolo
Again a tangle that I drew for the letter challenge T. Tamisolo (by Hanni Nura) was the pattern Joey gave us. Here I mixed Tamisolo (in black) with Flux inside of Wirlz.


Inspired by... May 2017 - Patterns: Tamisolo, Flux inside of Wirlz
Patterns: Tamisolo, Flux inside of Wirlz


Win-Zetta
Beautiful Win-Zetta (by Loretta West). What can I say. Organic tangle = I love it. This resulted from yet another refresher combination published by Linda Farmer on her website Tanglepatterns: Refresher #154.


Inspired by... May 2017 - Pattern: Win-Zetta
Pattern: Win-Zetta



One more Win-Zetta Tile. Here I mixed with other tangles, but I forgot their names. In my sketchbook I remarkt: No Electricity!  On the day I drew this we had no electricity from 9 am to about 5 in the afternoon. Perfect day for drawing and, if you have a gas cooker, you still get your coffee, too. What else does a tangler need?


Inspired by... May 2017 - Patterns: Win-Zetta and other tangles
Patterns: Win-Zetta and other tangles



Hua and Contacted
The band is Hua (by Damy) and the other two areas are Contacted (by A. M. Johnston). Have you ever tried to draw Contacted? It is a headache. And because I like headaches, I drew two areas of it. Both of these tangles are also on the listing for Refresher #154.


Inspired by... May 2017 - Patterns: Hua and Contacted
Patterns: Hua and Contacted



Faux Weave, U-Bend, Wirrl
This tile didn't come out so well, but I like Faux Weave by Helen Williams (did a whole study on it), U-Bend (by Lizzie Mayne) and Wirrl (by Karin Frank), which reminds me a bit of Narwal. Have a look at Wirrl on this step-out. I bet you want to start drawing it right away.


Inspired by... May 2017 - Patterns: Faux Weave, U-Bend, Wirrl
Patterns: Faux Weave, U-Bend, Wirrl



And the final tangle...

Uncorked
I loved to draw Uncorked (by Adele Bruno or IAST). I chose it for the letter challenge U, the blue tile, but only drew a few lines. I would like to explore it  more, in fact, there are so many tangles I'd like to explore more in depth, but it would take centuries to get them all done. Unfortunately, that much time is just not available to me anymore, hence, this Uncorked is likely it. Unless, of course, Adele decides to chose it for one of her weekly challenges!


Inspired by... May 2017 Pattern: Uncorked
Pattern: Uncorked





2 comments:

  1. Lovely blogpost with so many great tiles. The starfishfamily and the ones with Win-cetta are my favorites.Also the uncomplicated tile with Tamisolo is absolutely beautiful and original drawn.
    P.S. I have seen your home tile and that is a little masterpiece too. When you will put this tile between 1000 others, I can find immediately yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for commenting on my page, Ria. I guess you are really doing better! Hahaha! You are getting dangerous, Ria, I cannot hide from you! Now I agree, Starfish family and Win-Zetta. Some of the others were just lovely to draw such as TaDa!!! Or they tested my patience such as Contacted. But it still was fun to find the contacts and not get confused.

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave a message if you have time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...