JellyPages.com

Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Joey's Weekly Challenge 198 - Ta-Da


Joey over at Joey's Weekly Challenge #198 started a new challenge theme: Tangled in a String. As with Adele's challenge she gives us a string and a tangle and we followers make the best of it. At least we try.

This week the tangle is Ta-Da and I planned to place two Ta-Das in opposite corners as the string leads us. Then I thought, oops, maybe somebody else already had this fantastic and unique idea. So I made a slight alteration to the bottom left Ta-Da and now I have a real Ta-Da facing an impostor Ta-Da. Hence forward this tile is now called "Fake Ta-Da in Pink".


Joey's Weekly Challenge #198 with pattern Ta-Da
Pattern: Ta-Da




Animal Happy Day


Ah, when I saw this video, I had to share it with you. The main character is Faa Mai, an elephant in a Thai Sanctuary, and the 'play thing' for Faa Mai is played by Lek Chailert, the founder. Your heart will melt. Here a link to the short article. I am glad Thailand has people like Lek Chailert! (0:58)











14 comments:

  1. A very original and absolutely beautiful way of drawing Ta-Da. Gorgeous use of white on this tile to become more highlights and contrasts.
    Cute and touching video and I agree, people like Lek Chailert are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ria. I have about 6 white gel pens and all are scratchy. I don't like to use them, but agree, it makes for more contrast.
      Imagine you had an elephant as your pet 'dog'... giving a little push up the step when he is older might include heavy machinery.

      Delete
  2. A wonderful interpretation of Ta-Da, Susie! I like the friendly colours and the perfect shading of your individual drawn Ta-Da. The orange tips give it an exotic touch. The fragrance of a wonderful blossom in a warm summernight seems to come out of your tile. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, you make me laugh. You must either be a very romantic person or the weather in Germany is freezing your behind off. Well, actually your own drawings lean more towards the romantic direction. But, hey, I take fragrance, blossom, and the warm summer night anytime. Greetings from the tropics (note: no 'sunny' remark, it was raining most of today).

      Delete
    2. Der Kandidat hat 100 Punkte! The solution is pretty much in the middle. It is not frosty at the moment, but cool sunny winter weather. My back and I love more Mediterranean climate and I do not like rain, either. Yes, and sometimes I have quite romantic tendencies. You can sometimes see that in my drawings.

      Delete
    3. Oh, I remember the "Der Kandidat hat 100 Punkte!" TV series. Well, it ran under another name, but wasn't it about bow shooting?
      I know. I am the one that told you many times to publish your tiles in a poesy book.
      Cold here! 24 degree!

      Delete
  3. Wow, I absolutely love what you did with Ta-Da on this beautiful tile!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colours just knocked me out Susie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Trudi. Wasn't sure red/orange hues would go with pink..., but I left a lot just b&w to offset an eventual visual mishap. Just checked your blue contribution. Love the way you got that middle line working like a fold. I tried but didn't get it to work.

      Delete
  5. I love it! Your talent with colour, shadow and highlights amazes me!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your lovely comment, Joey. Loved your challenge this week, too (!), and, yes, again, am impatiently waiting for next week's. Thanks a lot for doing all the work and last but not least for getting Mr. Linky back!

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave a message if you have time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...