JellyPages.com

Monday, January 22, 2018

IAST Challenge 225 Dewd & 226 Rumpus


Adele Bruno's last challenge (IAST #226) sports one of the latest Zentangle HQ tangle - Rumpus. I have already made a few Rumpus tiles, but can we ever have enough? Variations are endless and to experiment is the fun part for me. Hence below I drew one tile with leafy-like petals and in the other the petals are all torn, broken,  and only "inner strength" hold them together.


Patterns: Rumpus, Box Spiral, Tipple, and a butterfly



Patterns: Rumpus, Tipple, Knightsbridge





This is my version of IAST #225 with yet another new HQ tangle - Dewd. I didn't send it in as it was more of a test tile, testing tiny circles, or better, testing me drawing tiny circles. I was inspired by Ria Matheussen's Diva tile #338. I couldn't quite imagine how one can draw tons of small circles and each one is the same in size as its neighbor. Hence I used this IAST challenge as my tiny circles test.

As it turned out, it was not so much the circles' sizes I should have worried about, but the cramping up of my fingers. Several times I had to shake my wrist, stretch my fingers and consciously tell myself to loosen my iron grip on the pen.

However, I did experience the 'Zen' moment every once in a while.


Patterns: Dewd and tiny Tipple






Animal Happy Day 

What a life!!!!










8 comments:

  1. Your tiles are beautiful. I love how you incorporate color. Made my day bright!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, luvhymns. Would you believe that when my artist friend told me ages ago that she missed colors in my b&w tiles I fought the idea with hands and feet? Well, that was then and now I rarely draw a tile WITHOUT color.

      Delete
  2. Susie, I love your tile with Perfs (little tipples) a fantastic answer to a difficult challenge with Dewd.
    And about your Rumpus experiences, they all look good, but the first is my favorite, thanks to the brilliant colours, the little butterfly and the "draw behind", wonderfull work!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ria. I found a little butterfly dead on the floor and thought, I will added it to the tile. Well, I ended up DRAWING the butterfly, but the real thing is still glued to the journal page. PS: Do my tiny circles or perfs pass, Ria? I actually might do it again one day.

      Delete
    2. To fill empty spaces with Perfs is a Zentangletechnique I liked immediately. Maria Thomas herself does that many times and me too find it nice and relaxing to draw all those little Tipples. Wish you succes...

      Delete
    3. Thanks, Ria. Okay, I will practice some more...

      Delete
  3. These are so original. I love your tiles and wish I knew where your inspiration comes from so I could tap into it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK! I take my multi-vitamins every morning, clean the house every morning, no breakfast but a coffee, and I listen to crime documentary videos while drawing. Do you think that will help? LOL
      Ha! now let's get real. You are the artist of the two of us and judging from your blog I can cut out an idea here and there. PS: that one-liner tile is still in my head and won't let go. I have to get my act together and do one-liners as warmup as you suggested.

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave a message if you have time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...