JellyPages.com

Sunday, January 21, 2018

DIVA Challenge 347 - Objects


DIVA Challenge #347 is easy: gather some objects and use them as the string; use tangles of your choice. Then why did I make it so difficult for myself?

My first attempt was using the simplified icon of a figure skater. After all, I thought, the Winter Olympics 2018 in SK's PyeongChang start Feb 9th. As is obvious, a) my figure skater is a bit pregnant and b) my source is no object.


DIVA Challenge #347 with Patterns: Narwal, Nicole's Ice Flakes, Frost Flower, Henna Drum
Patterns: Narwal, Nicole's Ice Flakes, Frost Flower, Henna Drum






I didn't fare better with my second, the geometrical, attempt. Saw some funny shoes sculptures on a webpage and picked one as my misguided 'object'.


DIVA Challenge #347 with Patterns: Florz, Ragz, Hypnotic, Nzeppel,  Diva Dance, Footlites, Flux, Lichen
Patterns: Florz, Ragz, Hypnotic, Nzeppel,
Diva Dance, Footlites, Flux, Lichen



For more funny shoes sculptures like this flamingo, click here.




Last, but not least, my third and final, and most successful, attempt on choosing 'objects': shells and a dried leaf that hence has become an object. Don't argue; you'd lose.


DIVA Challenge #347 with Patterns: Florz, Onomato, Tipple, a somewhat version of Knitting, or influenced by Knitting
Patterns: Florz, Onomato, Tipple, a somewhat version of Knitting,
or influenced by Knitting.









Animal Happy Day

This is my sleepy, very happy and extremely content senior dog Shadow. Thanks to new meds, his long-time suffering of itchy skin, everywhere and all the time no matter how many medical baths, is finally in the past. Thanks heaven!

My darling Shadow practicing his favorite Yoga position.




From designated meat on the table to running and playing in the garden.








12 comments:

  1. Your String-theorie adventure makes me smile! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anita. ...and I almost wanted to give this challenge a pass.

      Delete
  2. You have put your tiles in the right form: the first is already beautiful but the second, I like even more. When I wouldn't have seen "the shoe", I would never thougt about a shoe, it is a wonderful compositon. For the third one, I only can say amazing. I love the mystic tranzending look you have created here and the 3D effect. Wonderful work.
    It is hard to see a video of the meat-industry but I understand it is the only way to change our attitude against "meat". Glad I am a veggie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ria. I placed the 3rd last because I liked it least. [chuckle!!].
      I placed the video under Animal Happy Day because all dogs destined for the table got rescued. It is pure shame what some countries do to our 'best friends'!

      Delete
  3. These are all so beautiful and unique;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful work! I like all three tiles. Maybe my favorite is the second or the third.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Margarete. Let's pick the 2nd and if only because it is different and I liked working on it best. The 3rd almost landed in the trash, especially after I added the 'Knitting' part.

      Delete
  5. These are wonderful. And your description of your process is hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh M, you would love the shoes. Have you clicked on the link?

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave a message if you have time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...