JellyPages.com

Thursday, January 04, 2018

Joey's Weekly Challenge 197 - Mirrored Pencils


First Zentangle challenge of the New Year comes straight from Canada: Joey's weekly challenge #197 featuring a string of two pencils positioned tip to tip. Tangles are not specified, but we are to draw inside the pencil on one side and outside the pencil on the other. If you have no idea what I am talking about...

....here my three contributions or check out the link above to see what the 'real' challenge string looks like. With the yellow tile I looked for a radial tangle as I thought the many corners would be ideal for such a pattern. Hence Veezy.


Joey's Weekly Challenge with Pattern: Veezy
Pattern: Veezy



And again, I couldn't resist and violated the 'where we are supposed to draw only' rule. But note, I just penciled it in, so it is not really there. In other words, if Joey has us do something with the white space in her next challenge, I can erase! In this tile I used only Nzeppel, but instead of shading the round shapes I shaded some of the lines.


Joey's Weekly Challenge with Pattern: Nzeppel
Pattern: Nzeppel



This was actually the first tile I drew of the three. Somehow I thought the many tangles didn't bring it. Or maybe the two different sized pencil strings make it look awkward. Anyway, after this tile I had to try monotangle tiles and for me the result was a lot better. (That is why I placed them first)


Joey's Weekly Challenge with Patterns: Nzeppel, Pop-Cloud, Molygon, Toodles
Patterns: Nzeppel, Pop-Cloud, Toodles, Molygon





Animal Happy Day

When I saw this video I was instantly thinking of me and Shadow, my 15+ year old Cocker. With age his back legs have become weak and taking the steps has become cumbersome. But help is not far. I do  exactly the same as the mother elephant does in the video only I don't use my nose.




Apropos Shadow. Recently he reminded me he needs a bigger doggy bed. He complained that he just can't get it all in.




He sleeps now in my bed!


Then he had attracted a new friend, DAM (in Thai: Black). Dam is one of my neighbors' very friendly cat with the most beautiful golden eyes (the image does not justify the color!). Recently he conducted a study, went from house to house to test the softest pillows. Guess what, I won.

Dam, testing pillows






14 comments:

  1. Again, tree beautiful, very different interpretations of Joey's first challenge of 2018. My favorite is the black/white one with 'N Zeppel, uncomplicated but very original and wonderful drawn.
    Very touching to see how those big intelligent animals always help each other. Also in Belgium,in one of our best parks a baby elephant is born and all the females are taking care of the baby.
    Nice to know that Shadow has found a special friend in his old days.
    Wish you great moments with the two of them...You know, Susie, they give you so much back!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK Ria, maybe you are right and I should have placed the black and white one first, but then...no, the yellow...hmmm...B&W? Ria, you confuse me. Now I don't know anymore which one I like better.
      Yes, elephants are amazing animals, just a tad too big to share my bed with. Dam only comes here to get his hugs, kisses and cuddles and when he had enough, he picks a pillow and falls asleep. What a life!!!
      OXOX and thanks for commenting.

      Delete
  2. Oh I can't pick a favorite! I like them all. Things are a bit complicated here right now and Pinterest changed and I couldn't figure out how to post there and had to work that out so I haven't started my pencils yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can't pick one? You CANNOT??!! Trudi, you kill me! You just robbed me of my sleep. If I can't deliver the IAST tile this week I blame it on you, girl. Ha! Love the blaming!😛😛😛
      Still not planning to start a blog? Well, I keep an eye on Joey's site to check for your link. Anyway, keep your cool and stay 'Zen'ed.

      Delete
  3. WOW! I love all 3 of these challenges!!! Your creativity blows my mind!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joey. Glad you like my contribution to your challenge. I am already looking forward to next week - with or without a solution to your link problem.

      Delete
  4. Wow! These are all fantastic Susie and very inspiring. I always love how you burst out of the box;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Thanks, Michele. Never heard of "bursting' out of the box, but I take it. I like to spin things.

      Delete
  5. At first I saw the yellow tile and was thrilled, becaus I love the pattern very much and your interpretation was very intersting. Then came the black and white version, which I like almost better, because it is so straightforward. And then I saw the colored tile, which you do not like so much, and I thought, that's the most Susie's style. Now I'm as smart as before. I think I like all three!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Margarete. Thanks for your lovely comment. I agree with you to the first and second, but the 3rd? Still cannot warm up to it.

      Delete
  6. Hi, Susie, while I think all three tiles are stunning, I really love the Veezy. Then the 'NZeppel, and then the last one.

    Elephants are one of my three favorite animals, right behind dogs and horses.

    Did you get your dog a bigger bed?

    JoyceB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joyce. I put them in the correct order then. I was almost ready to have my eyes tested. 😛
      Dog is measured from snout to bum (has no tail) and 'bed' became item 7 on my latest shopping list.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan. I saw your pencils tile and I thought: Why didn't I (!) think of coloring the white space? Like you I felt it needs filling, but you definitely had the better solution!

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave a message if you have time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...