JellyPages.com

Sunday, September 17, 2017

Helen's Journey F - Fickle


I am getting somewhere...caught up with Helen's Journey A-Z where she has reached letter F - for Fickle. Fickle is a tangle derived from her tangle Faux Weave. I am glad she didn't choose the true Faux Weave because I have already dedicated an "Inspired by..." post to this tangle in April. I, too, tried a few variations, but never would I have thought of this beautiful "Fickle" version. It looks definitely different and I had to figure out how she drew it. It looks simple, but, as so many times with her tangles, it was a bit tricky.

I drew two drawings...one that looks similar to Helen's and one that doesn't look so similar to Helen's. So let's start with the 'not-so-similar-to-Helen's'.

I drew 4 rings and placed one Fickle eye onto each ring string. The rest developed by itself. The coloring happened in Photoshop (two adjustment layers: overlay and dissolve)


Helen's Journey A-Z - F for Fickle
Pattern: Fickle



Here the version that looks more like Helen's. I have to confess, I had to give it several tries and still haven't really found out how she did hers. Anyway, this is my feeble attempt to Fickle.


Helen's Journey A-Z - F for Fickle
Pattern: Fickle - coloring with Photoshop



Here both tiles in their original state


Helen's Journey A-Z - F for Fickle

Helen's Journey A-Z - F for Fickle






Animal Happy Days

Cute! Cute! Cute! (0:47)







2 comments:

  1. I've never seen this tangle, so I have nothing to compare it to (not that we "compare" them anyway, since "comparing" leads to "comparanoia"), but I think both of these are just lovely. Your linework is exquisite too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is just one of Helen's accidental tangles and we will have to wait and see whether she will ever make an official tangle out of it. As for lines: It is easy to misguide and deceive the seeing eye with curvy lines in a sort of flowery style than straight lines. You obviously haven't seen any of my straight lines - yet.

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave a message if you have time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...