JellyPages.com

Sunday, September 10, 2017

New Tangle: Kinggo & Black Mountain


My new tangle: Kinggo

I drew it a few times and never knew what to call it. Now I have finally made it 'official' in my Zentangle life: the new tangle I named Kinggo.

Kinggo is a leaf drawing depicted from the Ginkgo or Maidenhair tree. It may look complicated but is rather simple. I like to draw Kinggo showing transparency which gives a nice effect when leaves overlap. It can be drawn as single leaves or in clusters and is a great space filler.



Click to see Ginkgo leaves on Pinterest

I am aware there are already two tangles out based on Ginkgo: Kogin (I don't know by whom) and Gobi by Nadine Roller, CZT.

Here my step out (the square is only meant as a guide):


New tangle Kinggo step out


Samples:

Kinggo


Kinggo in a tile I drew for DIVA #329
For DIVA #329


Kinggo in a square grid
Kinggo in a square grid


Kinggo in a tile I drew for IAST #207 
For IAST #207


and here Kinggo with....

My new tangle: Black Mountain

Kinggo together with Black Mountain


I needed a tangle as a background filler for the DIVA #330 challenge and I thought it would be good if the tangle had a black tip. Instead of looking for one, I made my own and started drawing "Black Mountain".

Black Mountain in a tile I drew for DIVA #330


Here the step out:

Black Mountain Step out part 1

Black Mountain Step out part 2


...and some samples:

Black Mountain in Circles
Black Mountain in circles


Black Mountain variations
Black Mountain variations


Black Mountain with different tangles and Lapin as the border
Black Mountain with my border tangle Lapin




Animal Very Polite Day

Naughty kids could learn from this dog!







6 comments:

  1. Lovely post Susie with two gorgeous patterns, they are already in my personal legend. I'm fond of your black and white drawing with Kinggo and Blackmountain, I love that transparent look you have created. The other favorite is the variation of Blackmountain, absolutely stunning and the final composition with tree of your tangles is fantastic. Have a nice week Susie and thank you for the stepouts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your very kind comment, Ria. I am finally catching up with things and these 2 tangles were among the todo list. I honestly do love Kinggo, well, I am using it often, so.... Black Mountain is a side product, but it is OK if you need a black dot in your drawing for balance. 🙂 Thanks for adding them to your collection, though!!! I am honored.

      Delete
  2. Susie,
    What Ria said! Those are also my 2 favorites. Love both of these and have just put them into my Evernote Tangle Collection (which I will need all eternity to exhaust). Wonderful inspiration. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kinggo is mine, but Black Mountain should really be yours. Had you not asked me for the author of the improvised tangle I called 'Black Mountain' in my DIVA 330 tile, I probably would have let it go. Thanks, Meridiana!!!

      Delete
  3. Wow. I love your new tangles, and all those wonderful examples you offered us. My eyes are jumping all over trying to gobble them all up. It made me smile to see your Black Mountain tangle especially, because it shares genetics with my latest tangle Clob which I just posted about last week! I think our tangles might become friends?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should transfer all the above into your comment filed and sign with my name. Your Clob belongs to the Black Mountain family and we 2 should not part them. So I can herewith confirm that your Clob has joined my Black Mountain family and felt instantly at home! Thanks, RR, for a beautiful comment and a great Clob.

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave a message if you have time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...