JellyPages.com

Thursday, May 04, 2017

DIVA Challenge 314


Sometimes you take to a tangle instantly, sometimes it takes a few tries and sometimes you never take to a tangle. Well, this week's DIVA challenge (#314) introduced me to a new tangle called Scallamp, an absolutely gorgeous organic pattern I fell in love with on first sight. Alas, that love turned out to be one-sided. Somehow Scallamp will not flow from my pen exactly the way it wants to be drawn and our relationship definitely still needs some work.

After a few tries of drawing some big and some even bigger Scallamps, keeping it on the middle string as it should be and as standalone, I finally put my foot down. There you are, Scallamp, and don't you go complaining about the way I drew you to the tangle world or I will draw you in a third tile. (Believe me, you don't want that to happen.)

Thus here, my official DIVA #314 Scallamp tile. I added some translucent leaves that are actually no tangle...yet...but could be. Yeah, cud be.


DIVA challenge #314 using tangle pattern Scallamp here with translucent leaves
Pattern: Scallamp with some translucent leaves 



Here a huge version of Scallamp and my white gel pen is drying out.


DIVA challenge #314 using tangle pattern Scallamp
Pattern: Scallamp



Animal Happy Day

This is a charmingly crazy kitten video. It reminded me of a factory worker standing at a fast driving conveyor belt trying to sort apples by size. So, if you love cats, or if you just don't hate cats, this will put a smile on your face. Wanna bet?









28 comments:

  1. Wow Susie, I just love your first tile, so wonderful and fragile drawn, great shadow, beautiful touch of colour and gorgeous translucent leaves!
    There are many catlovers among the tanglers, they would adore this video!!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you did, too.
      Thanks, Ria, for your kind words on my first Scallamp tile. I placed the 2nd one to make the first one look better. LOL.

      Delete
  2. Your first tile is wonderful. I love the beaded lines. They make it look very delicate. The 2nd one is really nice too. I like the way you made it all bulgy. I got a good laugh at the kitten video. Such cute kittens. Lining them up is like getting your ducks all in a row (not!). LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, lining up DUCKS, not apples. I knew there was something like that. I am glad the video made you laugh the corners of my mouth go up every time I just think of it. And muchas gracias for your very kind comment on my tiles.

      Delete
  3. Super playful Scallamp tiles! Lovely to look at!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for your lovely comment on my Scallamp tiles, Lorna.

      Delete
  4. I do love both of your tiles and can not pick a favorite. Hm .... maybe (if I had to) the secon one :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Anne, thanks so much for your gracious comment.

      Delete
  5. I love your scallamp tiles. You have bought your own uniqueness to the tangle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So kind of you, Lianne, to place this wonderful comment on my Scallamp tiles. Thank you very much.

      Delete
  6. I love the jewels on the first scallamp tile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind comment, Jeanette. They just belong there, don't they.

      Delete
  7. Both of these tiles are fantastic! I love your unique style. I love using Beadlines and you've shown me a very cool way to use it more😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your very kind comment, Michele. My unique style? Jeez, I still see that mooka tile of yours in my mind!!! As for beads: I am a beadline junkie!!! Sometimes a tile seems nothing special. Then you add a beadline here or there and the composition pops.

      Delete
  8. Amazing compositions! And thanks for sharing the video!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed the video!, Anja, and tons of thanks for your kind comment on my tiles, too.

      Delete
  9. Very dynamic drawings, i love them !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words, Christine.

      Delete
  10. I've noticed that while watching commercials on TV every time an animal or baby is in the commercial I smile. Oh yeah nice tile too😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you experience the same high I do, Trudi. I actually need those smile provoking videos as a balance because each day I sign a lot of petitions concerning cruelties towards animals (all kinds). And don't think these signatures are useless. Oh, and thanks for the tile comment. Who cares about tiles when you can watch kittens on their line-up training for a photo shot?! (:

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. Thank you very much for your kind comment, Lady Kate.

      Delete
  12. I absolutely love how different each tile turned out! And the beadlines on the first one are exquisite! The second one is other-worldly! Thanks for trying my tangle, I am glad you enjoyed it! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Sarah, thank YOU for such a gorgeous tangle. Simple but yet so versatile, or because of it. And thank you for visiting my site and leaving your very kind comment.

      Delete
  13. I'm a firm believer that you should not only let tangles do what they want, you should encourage them to do so. Therefore, I am enchanted with your Scallamps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew it. I knew it. Taking the side of the tangles and leaving me with my micron in the air!!! LOL Love your comment, Jean, muchas muchas gracias.

      Delete
  14. Both tiles are beautiful, but i LOVE the first one. I must remember that a tangle can complain if it wants to if I draw it not exactly as in the step out! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, it can. It can also get mean and vicious. So make sure you have no deadly weapons lying around such as erasers, tissues, cotton balls, etc.
      Thanks so much for your fun comment and, of course, for the tiles.

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave a message if you have time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...