JellyPages.com

Thursday, May 11, 2017

Alphabet Challenge Letter S


We are at letter S with Joey's alphabet challenge "Finish my Tile". It goes fast now and Z seems just a blink and a wink away.

The tangle she chose for us is Sand Swirl. I used Sand Swirl once before, but wasn't all that fond of it. Now I realize it is actually quite a good one to use as a filler. As always I finished two tiles, capital S and lowercase s.

Capital S here with the additional tangles Slingo, Starfish Flower, and Sekips. What on earth is "Sekips" I asked and googled it. Result: images of guys...male guys. Well, I am no wiser.


Alphabet Letter Challenge lowercase S with Tangles Sand Swirl, Slingo, Starfish Flower and Sekips
Patterns: Sand Swirl, Slingo, Starfish Flower, Sekips



My lowercase s tile suffered a bit. I had to mess it up by putting my finger into still wet gel. I won't do that again.


Alphabet Letter Challenge lowercase S with Tangles Sand Swirl, Smokey-V2, Spangle
Patterns: Sand Swirl, Smokey-V2, Spangle



Animal Happy Day

Viva Hong Kong biker guy!!!











6 comments:

  1. As always, I love your tiles. You just have a great way of doing line work.
    For all it's worth, "sekips" is "spikes" spelled backwards. That could possibly be the male reference? I dunno.

    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - what was I thinking??!!! Joyce, thanks so much for clearing that up and - of course - for your lovely comment on my tiles. [still smiling]

      Delete
  2. these are both gorgeous! I love the high contrast you achieve in your work;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Michele, for your very kind words. I am trying....

      Delete
  3. Lovely as always. Susie, I too have learned the hard way about gels, now I try to do them last and wait till the next day before going back to the tile but it's frustrating how often I then noticed something that I really needed to do and I screw it up anyway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trudi, my dear, thank you very much for your kind words on my tiles and your advice on gels. Of course you make sense, but I have a habit of often doing the shading and the "finishing touches" as soon as there is something to shade and to touch up. I want to see how it looks before going on. Yes, I am impatient. 😉 Today I did it again, gel dots and circles. You should have seen my fingers! Up in the air like spider legs ready to launch an attack.

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave a message if you have time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...