JellyPages.com

Friday, February 17, 2017

Alphabet Challenge Letter G


G-String. Yes, we have reached the alphabet string G in MadeByJoey's weekly challenge #152, and what a challenge it was for me. The first two were easy, but then I tried to do Joey homage and use her published challenge tile literally, after all, the motto still is "Finish My Tile" as I recall. And that was the point when things turned topsy-turvy. I did 3 tries and am not happy with either of them. Sorry, Joey, not your fault. I had something in mind with the pattern gottago and it didn't work out.

Here my lowercase g. Can you see the guck....I mean the duck? The new pattern for me was - besides gnarly - graf.


Patterns: Gnarly, Ginili, Graf



This is my gloomy G capital letter and the new pattern was gemma.


Patterns: Gnarly, Garlic Cloves, Gemma



Here my first disaster; the lowercase g looks like a bee. The new pattern I incorporated is G7.


Patterns: Gnarly, Gottago, G7



The second tragedy is my gourd g. Well, I had fun practicing the pattern gourdgeous and probably will practice it a bit more. Although I find it quite difficult to draw, somehow I like it.


Patterns: Gnarly, Gourdgeous, Gottago



....and finally my red calamity, ruin, misadventure tile... my failure par excellence. I didn't even bother to add a new pattern. Just finished with gottago and then gave up.


Patterns: Gnarly, Gottago




16 comments:

  1. I think they are all wonderful! Each one has a personality of it's own!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joey, for your uplifting words. You have forgiven me then. Let's see what you come up next week. I'll try again.

      Delete
    2. I have just added Gottago into my pattern book, I love it but I need to practice it some more! It's a thinking tangle! Thanks for introducing it to me!

      Delete
    3. Love it.too!! It's an amazing geometric pattern with just the right amount of black for contrast. Thanks go out to Lianne Woods, CZT.

      Delete
  2. You may not like them, but I think all of them are fantastic. You're too harsh on yourself. Great job!!

    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anonymous. Maybe you are correct about being too harsh on myself. I actually hesitated to place the last 3 tiles on my page, but I wanted to show that I really tried to follow the string and sometimes things just don't turn out the way we see things in our mind.

      Delete
  3. Very nicely done. Each tile is so elegantly designed and bold. I am new to this challenge but you made me realize that I am supposed to be finishing Joey's zentangle that she started. I hadn't caught that. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Duane, thanks for visiting my site and leaving the great comment. Your comment also made me realize that maybe new visitors to Joey's challenge might not be fully aware of what her alphabet challenge is all about. If you like to learn more, please visit her A-challenge. Having said the above, I am looking forward to your H contribution!!

      Delete
  4. I'm impressed you kept at it! I like all of them, of course you are always harder on your own work so I can appreciate where you are coming from.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Trudi, LOL, yes, that I kept at it surprised even me - sort of like a dog not letting go of his favorite bone. Sometimes you just want to succeed and as harder as you try the less you get the desired the result. I was fixated. Thanks for cheering me up.

      Delete
  5. These are all so original and truly delightful. I love how you take these challenges outside-the-box:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Michele, I give the outside-the-box compliment right back to you. Look at YOUR G! and your dark colors influenced me to draw a dark G, too. I love to twist patterns/strings. Sometimes it works, sometimes I have to go back to the original. But that is where all the fun is, isn't it.

      Delete
  6. Me too, like to give you a compliment for all those tiles, they are all beautiful, and of course, one is more favorite than another but I really don't see "disasters". My favorite is the blue G?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ria, you are too kind, but I agree fully with you on the blue. Thanks!

      Delete
  7. Love your post :) Why do we always critisice ourselves? I do it myself and I think all your disasters are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for your well-meant comment, Susan. I think we criticize ourselves because we want to settle for more. And I think that is a good thing. My goal: to be a world famous Zentangle artist....or die trying. (Hmmm, the latter more likely.)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave a message if you have time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...