JellyPages.com

Thursday, February 23, 2017

Alphabet Challenge Letter H


'H'ere we go. MadeByJoey's challenge #153 is all with H. H-string and Hollibaugh pattern with other H patterns (well, at least for me). This time I made it and actually got Joey's h-string working. However, as you will see below, I had to take some safety precautions.

But Here first my capital H tile. The new patterns I used are Hanni and Hoot and maybe you can even sense the joy I Had drawing it.


Letter H with Hollibaugh, Hanni and Hoot patterns
Patterns: Hollibaugh, Hanni, Hoot



And here Joey's string, the lowercase h. However, this one is all about Trudi’s H. When I checked out her medieval capital H tile I notice something spooky: hollibaugh was missing! I was sure she didn't forget it but something more sinister must have happened. Yes, her tile must have been attacked by space gargoyles hacking her Zentangle tile. You may not be aware – yet – but hacking our Zentangle tiles is their favorite past time closely followed by messing up Zentgangle ideas we have in our mind (I have a long history of those attacks). So I was clever and secured my hollibaugh by wrapping it tightly around boulders. However, when I returned from my coffee break I not only noticed that one of my boulders was almost depleted of hollibaugh, but some of the strings were still sliding off. And then the little feet... Hey, STOP!!!! Hollibaugh was running off all by itself (or brainwashed by those aliens??!!). My heart dropped. In fact, I got so angry; I fetched my hammer and some nails and nailed the h to my tile. Should henna drum ever run away, at least I have the string for proof of an h-tile.

So, all you tanglers out there, beware of hollibaugh (or space gargoyles!). It can grow feet and escape your tile any day, any time. Ask Trudi.


Letter h with Hollibaugh and Henna Drum pattern
Patterns: Hollibaugh, Henna Drum and nails to secure h




16 comments:

  1. Your work is exquisite. I can imagine you providing the illustrations for a picture book for young adults.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, my goodness. You give me too much credit TC Miss L. I cannot draw. I need the Internet to see images on how to draw hats (and feet for that matter)!!!!! It's true. However, I appreciate and thank you for your great comment.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you, ET. Glad you like the non-tangle intruder.

      Delete
  3. Very funny regarding the capital H. I also love the H with the hat! Altogether lovely tiles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Susan, glad you like my tiles. First commandment in Zentangle rules: There are no mistakes in tangle drawing. Second commandment in Zentangle rules: Should you inadvertently make a mistake, blame it on the space gargoyles.
      Still, keep an eye on that hollibaugh...

      Delete
  4. Once again you've created amazing and whimsical interpretations of the challenge. I love them both:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whimsical??!! I am deadly serious. I will have sleepless nights now. How will I survive? Oh well...
      Michele, thanks so much. Love your comment.

      Delete
  5. These H/h tiles are wonderful, and yes, it's so easy to see how much fun you had drawing them, lol. I love the floppy hats on the big H, and the little run-a-way feet on Hollibaugh in the little h tile. Fantastic!

    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Floppy hat. FLOPPY HAT????!!!! That is supposed to be a SEXY hat. Okay, I will meet you half way: it is a SEXY FLOPPY hat.
      Cheers, Joyce, and thanks for commenting on ... my hat.

      Delete
  6. We all can learn from your wonderful interpretation of these challenges, it is absolutely fabulous! I'm a big fan of your work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ria, you honor me. Thank you so much for giving me that moral support with your great comments. XOXO

      Delete
  7. hahahaha these are both so charming. I love the hats on your Capital H! so freaking cute...and I laughed at your funny story about runaway Hollibaugh. What fun you DID have, doing this challenge. Delightful! or should I say "happy" :) well done

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, HeidiSue, thank you so much for your also happy comment. Yesssss, I had fun, but it was all Trudi's 'fault'. Sometimes we get inspired by the most uninspiring things.

      Delete
  8. Hollibaugh did find its way on my small h but it was so nice of Susie to point out how aliens had apparently interfered in the capital H. I love your hats Susie but really for safety's sake you should have had a hard hat! Just saying.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! Hard Hats, yes, and - as per your H motto - medieval cHain mail for the rest of the letter. Love it! Thanks, Trudi, have a nice one.
      (hmmm...is there a chain mail pattern out there yet?)

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave a message if you have time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...