JellyPages.com

Thursday, May 25, 2017

DIVA Challenge 317


In this week's DIVA challenge we get to pick a photo or cut an image out of a magazine, glue it to a tile and tangle around it. Sort of use it as a string. I decided to make two tiles, one where I sketch a model and the other from a photo.

The first is my model sketch (in case you haven't noticed) and the tangles Finery, Wirrl, Mooka, Nouvart, Printemps, and a few others.


Diva Challenge 317 with Patterns: Finery, Wirrl, Mooka, Nouvart, Printemps
Patterns: Finery, Wirrl, Mooka, Nouvart, Printemps



The second tile is with a photo. This tile I made in Photoshop. Cut the background off and added two of my tiles as background. The tangles on the background are Win-Zetta, Starfish Barrel with Henna Drum, Starfish Double Barrel, Starfish Flowerbarrel with Cattails and Tipple.


DIVA Challenge 317 with Patterns: Win-Zetta, Starfish Barrel with Henna Drum, Starfish Double Barrel, Starfish Flowerbarrel with Cattails and Tipple
Patterns: Win-Zetta, Starfish Barrel with Henna Drum, Starfish Double Barrel,
Starfish Flowerbarrel with Cattails and Tipple




Animal Happy Day

This time it is not a dog and not a cat, but a bear girl who went through too much misery in her life. However, because tons of people signed a petition, this handicapped girl is now happy and enjoying her freedom for the rest of her life. So don't think petitions don't work.











20 comments:

  1. Both challenge tiles are wonderful, but I really like the yellow sketch. Clean and bold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two very different and interesting tiles! Lots to look at and beautifully composed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for your kind comment, Sue. Stretching...yes, indeed.

      Delete
  3. I love these! So different, creative and full of energy 😉

    ReplyDelete
  4. Indeed Suzy, two different but wonderful tiles.On the first tile I love these stylized model between your lovely combination of straight and curly tangles.
    And:
    What a fantastic atlethe on a beautiful drawn Starfish!!! Happy memory and wonderful combination.
    And yes, I agree, signing petitions can make a difference. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ria, for your wonderful comment. Yes, it was a flash-back in time. I remember my boss' words when in a long ago March I wished it was end of April. He said: Susie, there will come a time when you don't wish away time. He was so correct. XOXO

      Delete
  5. How nice to see two such different entries for this week's challenge. Both are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for your kind comment. The second one was a quick one, and again in Photoshop, but I drew the tangles all by myself and with my own hand.

      Delete
  6. Both are great. And yes, petitions do work sometimes. Always worth trying!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anne, for your nice comment. Yes, sometimes. However, I give never up and sign everything I come across having to do with animals and nature. And when I read 'SUCCESS!' I go YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

      Delete
  7. I just love that yellow tile. It reminds me of a pensive moment, early morning on the balcony, gazing down to the street, deep in thought.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome back, Heidi. I was already wondering where you were.
      LOL Yes, you are correct. A very pensive moment. But she wears an evening dress...do you think she partied through the night? Or is it a pensive moment on the balcony under a clear starry sky? Let's discuss this before we jump to conclusions.

      Delete
  8. I love both your tiles! They are so dramatically different! I love seeing creativity like this! I've never seen the Starfish tangle before, so I'm going to look it up now! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for your very kind comment. There are several slightly different starfish tangles and a ribbon out there and I love each one of them.

      Delete
  9. Beautiful work! I love both of your challenge tiles. They are so creative and unique.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for your kind comment, Sidney, and thanks for visiting my page, too.

      Delete
  10. Great tiles Susie! It broke my heart when I heard the bear sighing(? Crying?) So glad she recovered.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Trudi, for commenting and watching the video. Therefore, the ending is that much sweeter. Who says bears cannot adapt...😉

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave a message if you have time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...