JellyPages.com

Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Alphabet Challenge Letter V


Countdown Z - Y - X - W - V #167 and four more to go to #171. We are ever so close to closing the letter challenge 2017. Am I looking forward to it? You bet!

We avid letter tanglers can all be happy we are using the Latin alphabet and not Chinese or Thai. The Chinese has over 3000 characters. It's a no brainer: never a Chinese alphabet. The Thai alphabet has 44 consonants and 28 vowels. I learnt them a long time ago and still today can read stuff. However, I then have to ask a Thai what it means, duh! But I am good at street signs, you are never lost in the boonies when you can read where to go to hit the main road. Anybody bicycling?

However, I am forever grateful to the old, no-nonsense teacher I had who explained the pronunciation rules and tone marks and made a chart for me. Finally the up and down sing-song sounds were no longer a mystery to me. Thank you, my teacher!

V & v


This week Joey's alphabet challenge is the letter V and the tangle that goes with it is Vano. I really enjoyed drawing Vano; it placed me right into the Zen zone. Now I understand Trudi who draws 120+ Molygons and tons of Tipple. Zen...zen...zen...(∪。∪)。。。zzz




Oops!

V capital is a bit spiky and Vano not round. Vorago is not as should be either, but looks like it could be. So many wrongs make it right again, says me.

Alphabet Challenge Letter V with tangle Patterns: Vano, Vorago, Ving
Patterns: Vano, Vorago, Ving



The low-case v tile is more my style. Veezy is a tangle I did before so I chose the Vine Thanks tangle to accommodate my rule that with each letter tile I draw one tangle I hadn't drawn before. Maybe not the best choice, but then...it could be worse.


Alphabet Challenge Letter V with tangle Patterns: Vano, Veezy, Vine Thanks
Patterns: Vano, Veezy, Vine Thanks





Animal Happy Day

You are not allowed to laugh when you see this video.




I had to place yet another video. This one kept me sitting at the edge of my chair while I watched. But as it runs under the heading "Animal Happy Day" it has a happy ending. Thanks heaven - and the farmers(!) - for that!





Link to next Alphabet Letter Challenge: W
Link to previous Alphabet Letter Challenge: U




4 comments:

  1. Your tiles are very beautiful and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember Susie, two wrongs do not make a right, but three rights make a left! I have a definite fav this week I really like the small v. I'd seen the tangled deer there is a video of some ppl trying to help a bear get a pail off his head that just amazed me, one guy actually sat on the bear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, both on the tile comment and on the 3 rights, but only ONE left. So you may as well go left 'right' away. I am sure the guy sitting on the bear sat also on the edge. 😀 Thanks, Trudi, and have a splendid day.

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave a message if you have time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...