JellyPages.com

Thursday, May 04, 2017

Alphabet Challenge Letter R


Arrrrrg....almost another week has gone by and I am still doing the finishing touches for Joey's alphabet challenge #163: the letter R and the tangle Rysa. Will I ever be among the first again to upload my contribution? Hell, no. Not the way I am going right now. Have lots to do in the garden and it is bloody hot (hottest season of the year in Thailand!!!!). Yesterday I rescued a 3m (10ft) tall scrub from its mistletoe parasite growing at the top, all the while praying that I am not falling off the ladder. I read somewhere that from all falls 43% are falls from ladders and a statistic shows that most of those falls are from 6-10ft heights. Great! If only my chances in winning the lottery...

Anyway, I finished the deed without falling and was able to draw my R and r tiles. First the capital R with but one Rysa segment and a Roids in Roel combination.


Alphabet Challenge Letter R with Patterns: Rysa, with Roids in Roel
Patterns: Rysa, with Roids in Roel



My lowercase r is backed by more Rysa segments and the only other tangle I added was Ringz.


Alphabet Challenge Letter R with Patterns: Rysa and Ringz
Patterns: Rysa and Ringz



This is what I cut off from the scrub...


Parasite (big leaves); small leaves real.



...and now I have a much happier garden resident.



My happy tree



Stats showing % of fall accidents/heights







Animal Happy Day

Hurray!!!!!! Los Angeles will no longer allow wild or exotic animals to be used for entertainment purposes — this means that animals will no longer be exploited in circuses, exotic animal shows or even rentals for parties. More...

Homeless Pit Bull gives birth in a den during a massive rainstorm. So many puppies!!! Well, this video has almost 1.9 million views, you might well be among them. If not, click the video. This is so cute.


Human Happy Day

Last week I showed you the amazing photo illusions to promote adoptions for homeless animals in India. This week the art is body painting of animals. No, no animals have been hurt creating the art. If you are as much flabbergasted as I was when I saw this video first and you want to see more, please visit Johannes Stotter's website.



If you like what you see....there is more from this artist here.



Link to next Alphabet Letter Challenge: S
Link to previous Alphabet Letter Challenge: Q



8 comments:

  1. What a great post! I love the R's. They're both so amazing and out-the-box😉 Thank you for sharing the great videos​.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your very kind comment on my post and the tiles. Sometimes I come across art that is so out of this world...I just HAVE to share it.

      Delete
  2. You are not too likely to be among the first to submit your letter tiles because you do such works of art Susie! I'd wait a week to see your tiles :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trudi you are a darling. Thank you so much for your uplifting words and now I feel a lot better being last in line. I may add here that I always keep an eye our for your posts as well. That DIVA 314 of yours is definitely my fav! So hang on to that pen!!!

      Delete
  3. Thank you Susie for this wonderful post, I adore Johannes Stotter's body painting, it's amazing.
    Thanks for sharing some good news for the animals, makes me glad...
    In this post, you show us again two wonderful tiles, hard to choose, I love them both, especially because you make gorgeous compositions!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ria, thank you so much for your always gracious comments you write on my posts. You are a moral supporter for so many of us tanglers, and I love your for that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your tiles are beautiful and thanks for sharing the video.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Susan, for your kind words on my tiles.

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave a message if you have time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...