JellyPages.com

Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Alphabet Challenge Letter U


Z - Y - X - W - V - U This is my personal countdown to the end of the weekly 'Finish My Tile' alphabet letter challenge. This is #166 which would make Z 171. Aren't you looking forward to the end when you can say YOU DID IT!!! (?). When I started with A in the first week of January I pledged to finish all the letters in the alphabet with at least two tiles, one for the capital letter and the other lowercase. Up to this week's U I was able to keep that pledge and there are just 5 more weeks to go --> it looks promising.

So this week's U comes with Joey's chosen tangle Unme. I have no idea what 'unme' means...unmelt? Undo-me? Who cares! Unme it is and I was able to find a few U named tangles I actually liked although the choice is limited. So here my plea:
Dear tanglers, please! make a few more U named tangles. With your next new tangle just pick a name and place a 'U' in front of it...e.g.: instead of Rope, call it Urope or instead of Taurus, call it Utaurus. 
So here my skinny capital U with Unme and the added tangles of Up In Smoke, U-Bend and Upholstered.


Alphabet Challenge Letter U with Patterns: Unme, Up in Smoke, U-Bend, Upholstered
Patterns: Unme, Up in Smoke, U-Bend, Upholstered



And here a blue tile for my more fleshy little u. It is complimented with the obligatory Unme and my chosen Undling and Uncorked tangles.


Alphabet Challenge Letter U with Patterns: Unme, Undling, Uncorked
Patterns: Unme, Uncorked, Undling



I usually don't point out which tile I prefer, but this time I do simply because I think the blue one does not have that 'deja vu' effect...it doesn't look like many of my other tiles. So I opt for the blue u - and blue is my color (jeez, that makes a lot of sense).



Animal Help Line

This is Amy. I felt compelled to place this video on my page because no matter how good we treat our 'best friends', there are tons of millions of them out there that would bet with you, that there is no such thing as 'human's best friends' from their experiences with us.

This is a Viktor Larkhill video, another of my deeply admired people who do so much good for animals. Click here or on the link at the bottom of this video if you want to see more of the selfless good he and his hospital team do. I rest my case.









10 comments:

  1. Your tiles are beautiful and I agree with the UTaurus, URope, etc. We have a rescued dog and we love her to bits and she is the most amazing loving and loyal dog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Susan, that is absolutely wonderful. They are so resilient, quick to forgive and forget and give us a second chance. If only we were like that the world'd be a better place. Thanks, Susan, and give that darling pooch of yours a kiss from me right between her eyes. That is where I 'torture' my Shadow.

      Delete
  2. Great work once again! Yes! We need more U tangles😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Michele. Instead of a crane we can name the bird tangle ucrane.

      Delete
  3. Susie I think Unme is named after you and me! It would have been less confusing if Debra had just called it Susie and Trudi but then we would have had one less U tile so it really was nice of her. If you think U is hard wait until we hit X and Y! Dang I'll have to add a lot more tiles to my repertoire! Nice work as always :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, Miss Trudi, that was a perfect explanation to why Unme is Unme and not Sudi or Susudi. I accept, tons of Esses already. I never think that far ahead of details, but now my knees are like jello already of fear what lies ahead. And I thought it was an easy stroll to the finish line. Damn!!!

      Delete
  4. Dear Suzy, I'm already tangling 3 years but I don't know any of those tangles you have used here. I love them all, they way you draw them is so unique, I can't make a choice, they both are different but I love them both.
    I hope there will be more Victor Larkhills in the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Ria, thank you for leaving this lovely comment (you should be off keyboard and only look!!!).
      Don't you worry, I didn't know them either. Ella's site is a treasure dome for tangles and always my first step when looking for new tangles. I like Undling. I think no matter what you do it always comes out fantastic.
      Yes, Victor Larkhill is a great guy and I will place more of his videos. Unfortunately there are people out there that don't always agree to give very sick animals a second chance (like Amy) and would prefer the money was invested for much needed human causes. His reply: He is in the business of helping animals and for him a life is a life so he does everything in his power to keep that life alive.

      Delete
  5. I think you did a fine job of finding U tangles. Lovely tiles!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave a message if you have time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...