JellyPages.com

Saturday, May 06, 2017

IAST Challenge 193


Internet Outage

Ah, finally I can access my blogger backend. Huge global Internet level(3) outage today, Sat May 6, affecting YouTube, Gmail (hence no emailing for me), and Google. However, because I wasn't able to access several other sites as well, Blogger (Blogspot) included, I called my Internet Service Provider to look into it. Finally a technician from Bangkok called and he accessed my router via their Team Viewer program I had to download and run. It was weird to watch the cursor on the monitor moving about as if guided by a ghost, opening tabs and changing configurations. These remote desktop sharing apps exist already for years, but never had a popular purpose, but having my computer problem fixed this way has never been so interesting to watch. Thanks, 3BB.

IAST

Welcome back, Adele. I am glad you had a great holiday in Italy. I am one of Lily's many avid followers and huge admirers of her little Zentangle masterpieces and, as everybody else, was deeply moved when her last newsletter revealed why we hadn't heard from her as of late. So, your idea to dedicate IAST challenge #193 to Lily Moon and to use her mark as a string and her patterns to fill the string is fantastic.

I drew two tiles. In the first one I embedded all four of her patterns you listed: Drogon, Reel, Lily's Valentine, and Andante...modified a bit maybe.



IAST Challenge #193 with the patterns Drogon, Reel, Andante, Lily's Valentine
Patterns: Drogon, Lily's Valentine, Reel, Andante



...and my second Lily Moon tile with just two of her tangles: Andante and Reel. Reel is filled with Rundl.


IAST Challenge #193 with the patterns Reel, Andante, Rundl, Printemps, Tipple
Patterns: Andante, Reel, Rundl, Printemps, Tipple




Animal Happy Day

If first you don't succeed...








2 comments:

  1. Fantastic interprations of Lily's tangles, both tiles are really fantastic, but maybe the first one is my favorite because I love this choice of colours, as always Susie, great work!
    (and I was glad that the last little ducky joined the rest of the family)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You see?! That happens when you are persistent. Something he must have learnt in Ducgarten.
      Thank you so very much for your more then kind compliment on my IAST tiles. I sort of tried to do Lily's mark justice, but we all know there is only one person that can do that and that one person is Lily herself!!!!

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave a message if you have time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...