JellyPages.com

Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Alphabet Challenge Letter D


This is my week! MadeByJoey's letter challenge #149 this week is for D. I like it and went right away to work on the tiles - well, in my case the yellow notepaper. I was lucky, too, that I had just finished tanglepatterns.com refresher #141, which includes Dicso, so I was warmed up.


This is my favorite of the two. I don't think I have ever used red in a tangle, leaning more towards less dominant shades, but had I not, maybe nobody would see the D. It is there.

Patterns: Dicso, Dwaveb, 'D'ipple, Dragonfly wing pattern



Black & White, my Second Thought, inspired by a drawing session that lasted well after midnight. Sometimes I just can't let go.


Patterns: Dicso, D-Vine




Update Jan 26

After I drew the two Ds I went back to my own challenge of doing all the refreshers on tanglepatterns.com site. I chose them randomly and presently in the works is #51. However, in the back of my mind I was thinking that I had broken my own 'alphabet challenge tradition'...I have no lowercase 'd' (and 'a'). So back to the D-drawing board it was and here it is.

Patterns: Dicso, Drobbles, Diamantbee



Link to next Alphabet Letter Challenge: E
Link to previous Alphabet Letter Challenge: C




14 comments:

  1. Love love love the one with the red it in it!! It has such a retro feel to it, going right along with a disco sensation...perfect for Dicso. The second one is stunning, also, as it just seems to flow in a very graceful and elegant motion.

    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for your great comment. Yes, now that you mention it the red does have a rather retro-style look. Thanks.

      Delete
  2. Your C and D realate so well to each other, they are both so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both are beautiful tiles. I love the attention to detail in every line.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! these are all amazing;-) I love your dynamic style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Michele, for the nice comment on my tiles.

      Delete
  5. I love your wonderful personal style of Zentangle, beautiful tiles!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ria, I really appreciate your comments. Thank you very much.

      Delete
  6. Your tiles are beautiful and the one with the red is unusual.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Susan, it is unusual...in the sense that I was pretty 'successful' in hiding the letter D (in a letter D challenge). Oh well.

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave a message if you have time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...