JellyPages.com

Thursday, January 05, 2017

Alphabet Challenge Letter A


MadebyJoey's new challenge for 2017 is the Alphabet. I thought I give it a try and look how far I will be able to follow Joey. However, I already made a mistake. I misread her 'A' letter post and made my own 'A'-string (as allowed) , but also selected different 'A' patterns, completely ignoring the "A-Dalpha" pattern. Oh well, so I had to draw two 'A' letter tangles. Ha! I am already one tangle ahead.

This  is the culprit 'A'
I used the tangle patterns Akoya, Amaze and Autumnal




Here the real 'A' with the A-Dalpha pattern



This was actually just a draft, but I didn't have the heart to trash it, so I put some last touches to it.

Patterns used: A-Dalpha and Asterix.



These are 'A's I made in May 2016 when I came along the beautiful pattern 'Kiss' by Katie Booth. Skip over to tanglepatterns.com for the steps.


Pattern: Kiss


And in color


Patterns: Kiss, Chillon, Tipple, Fescue, Flux



Update 30 January 2017: Finally, I caught up with my tradition to draw a capital letter tile and a lowercase tile for the same challenge. Lowercase 'a', here we go.

Patterns: A-Dalpha, Arc Flower, Arcocuatro



Link to next Alphabet Letter Challenge: B



16 comments:

  1. Wow! Love your first tangle...Akoya is one of my favorite tangles, and it works so well with your A. The one you did for Joey's challenge is also stunning. I love how you made the legs of the A look so full and rounded.

    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for your uplifting comment. I agree with you, Akoya is a beautiful pattern indeed. My thanks to Sandy Hunter, the creator, at http://tanglebucket.blogspot.com/

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you, Creative Miss L. I noticed your Gem in your Opus tile... Now THAT I call detailed! Simply perfect.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful done with gorgeous colors, I like your style very much

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Ria. You put that smile on my face.

      Delete
  4. Wow, gorgeous tiles. I love your first with Akoya.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your beautiful comment. Akoya Ahoi!

      Delete
  5. Terrific! So glad I did mine first so these beautiful tiles didn't intimidate me. Just lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is how I feel only too often when I look at many of the other thanglers' tiles. Your compliment means a lot. Thanks. (Off off to letter B)

      Delete
  6. Those are all fantastic. I really love the vibrant red on your last one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment, Michele. I have to confess, that red I enhanced in Photoshop. Pssst...don't tell anyone. ...and it was a trash tile anyway, so it doesn't really count.

      Delete
  7. Love your tiles, but the first one is beyond beautiful - what a wonderful misreading!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave a message if you have time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...