JellyPages.com

Sunday, April 30, 2017

Inspired by... April 2017


This page shows the tangle patterns I was inspired by...in April.

Nouvart
Well, there was the beautiful Nouvart tangle by Ria Mattheussen that inspired me greatly this April. It was a part of the IAST #190 challenge and I honored her simple, but amazing tangle with her extra 'Inspired By...' page. I saw a natural crystal in it and gave it several tries to bring that out on paper. I am not there - quite yet, but who knows, one day. (Still an item on my tangle practicing list)


The tangle Pebble Flowers
I like most organic tangles and Pebble Flowers by Helen Williams was one I 'had' to learn in one of my personal 'Refreshers' challenges (#150). And I love it.


Inspired by...April 2017 with Pattern: Pebble Flowers
Pattern: Pebble Flowers



Heart-A-Flutter, Banana-Braid
I started to visit Dawn's website page 'Pattern Focus' to check which pattern is the 'flavor of the day'. April 17th, 2017: it was Banana-Braid by Ina Sonnenmoser. Me being an organic pattern lover fell, you guessed it, in love with it. For a strange reason I thought that Hearts-A-Flutter (by Lesley Goldberg, CZT), a pattern I learnt for the IAST #192 challenge would compliment Banana-Braid...and it did.


Inspired by...April 2017 with pattern Hearts-A-Flutter by itself
Pattern: Hearts-A-Flutter by itself


Inspired by...April 2017 with tangle Hearts-A-Flutter and Banana Braid
Patterns: Hearts-A-Flutter, Banana-Braid



Drupe/Dyon Tangelation
Influenced by Melinda Barlow's youtube video 'Tangle lesson #172 Dyon, Drupe, FOF, 1,2,3'. (Drupe is by Zentangle, but I do not know Dyon. Sorry.) Every week she publishes 3 tangle tutorial videos and I am one of her avid admirers and true followers. With dyon and drupe she opened my eyes to the endless possibilities you can play around with them. I would get even  more creative, but as you may have noticed, this website is called Fleeting Time under the domain name Never No Time with good reason. Yeap!


Inspired by...April 2017 with tangles Drupe and Dyon
Patterns: Drupe, Dyon 



Faux Weave - a continuation
This is another fantastic...excellent...impressive...(this time*) easy...one-stroke tangle patterns by Helen Williams: Faux Weave. I already placed several Faux Weave adaptions on a separate "Inspired by..." page as I just made too many. So why another? Easy.

a) Faux Weave got stuck in my head. Here I made a 4-petal flower all in one stroke. I needed to practice a bit to get the corners, but once you start, the rest is history.

b) HeidiSue made something I thought I need to try although I was sure I would work all day on it, Stipple shading Tipple, but...no. I was actually happily dotting away until the last dot was placed.

* Last time her one-stroke tangle pattern drove me crazy. String Rose. Nope, not easy. Still can't get it done to look beautiful and that leaves my knickers in a twist. I so much want it to be beautiful, huhu!


Inspired by...April 2017 with Patterns: Faux Weave Four with HeidiSue's Stippled Tipple
Patterns: Faux Weave Four with HeidiSue's Stippled Tipple

step-out to Faux Weave Four
Faux Weave Four - once you get the corners...



Tri-Bee, C-Stem and Organic
Tri-Bee (by Beate Winkler, CZT) with big ears. A training exercise for refresher tile #151. Same with C-Stem (by Agneta Landegren), I actually like the way right version best. ...and Organic (by Sayantika Ray) as well, yeah, well, Organic. You know I like organic tangles and this one is, although I didn't pull it apart to alter it, one I like. So I threw it in to the mix.


Inspired by... April 2017 with tangle Tri-bee
Pattern: Tri-Bee


Inspired by... April 2017 with tangle C-Stem
Pattern: C-Stem

Inspired by... April 2017 with tangle Organic
Pattern: Organic




Kensington
Kensington (by Anoeska Waardenburg) is a pattern I came across on Dawn's youtube video channel recently. Then I was to do a DIVA challenge tile under the theme "Coffee, Tea, or Me" and the string was any liquid stain and took the opportunity to work my new love affair into the spill. Below's tile is garnished with Caviar, Printemps, which turned out better than usual, and the reliable Tipple.


Inspired by... April 2017 with Pattern Kensington, Tipple, Caviar
Patterns: Kensington, Caviar, Printemps, Tipple



Feeling Knotty
Feeling Knotty (by MootePoints) is actually Simply Knotty, but Knotty it is, and it is actually not a tangle, but a string. I like these Celtic knots, they are real brain twisters. When I follow those tons of instructions on the net, nothing makes sense until at the very end it all falls together. Would I ever try a Celtic knot out of my head? ... No. Not yet anyway. But they are great fun to follow.

Simply Knotty I found also  on youtube, the MootePoints channel. She has a lot more knots to knot.

For a change I filled this Simply Knotty string with tons of patterns, so uncharacteristic of me.


Inspired by... April 2017 with String Feeling Knotty and tons of tangles
Patterns: Amaze, Hollibaugh, Tipple, Henna Drum, Flux,
Printemps, Fauz Weave, Bracelet, Paradox, Crescent Moon,

Ripped Screen, Mooka, Flukes, Betweed, Field of  Flowers (FOF)
(Huff, Puff!!!)



A word:
I try to accredit the creators of all the tangles and/or the source where I found them. If, however, you notice that I neglected a credit, a credit is misplaced, a link to a source is not working, or any other misplaced information, please let me know either through the contact form on the right/bottom, or leave a comment and I will remedy the carelessness. Much appreciated.





2 comments:

  1. First of all, thank you Susie for this wonderful post with lots of information and beautiful work. I have said this before but we all learn from each other and your posts really are very inspiring for all Zentanglelovers.
    Me too love Printemps, Tipple, Caviar, Bubbles... to fill empty spaces, there are so many variations possible.
    I'm always surprised to see in which wonderful way you draw every tangle.
    My favorites are this time the green monotangle of Hearts a Flutter and also the black/white combination of Hearts-a_flutter and Banana-Braid!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ria, you are a darling!!! Thank you so very much for your kind comment. It is true, we learn from each other. First I wanted to call these pages "Just for Fun", but then it hit me: I am doing those "extra" tiles because I was inspired by a person or by something. Hence the "Inspired by..." pages with attributes (well, my way of saying thank you). As for your favs: Banana Braid, indeed!, a gorgeous tangle and Hearts-A-Flutter gave it a great backing.

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave a message if you have time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...