JellyPages.com

Saturday, April 29, 2017

DIVA Challenge 313


The theme of this week's DIVA Challenge #313 is last week's Earth Day, or, as it is also known among insiders, Amanda Day. If you want to know why Amanda Day and become an insider, click on the DIVA link above. And you may also want to read at the bottom of this page to check out what I found out.

Anyway, a few week's ago I ordered new sketchbooks for the collection of all my Zentangle tiles to store in and, what a coincident, they arrived this week. This, by itself, is nothing earth shattering if it wasn't for its packaging...each book came with a packaging that had a compass rose printed on it. Ha! Instant decision was made. This is going to be my Amanda Day tile and so be it.

I used only two tangles, Hamail and Flux. Need it be more?


Patterns: Hamail, Flux



Coming back to AMANDA DAY. As mentioned above, I did some research on the net (love researchirng) and this is what I found: Amanda is a Latin female gerundive name meaning


  • "having to be loved," 
  • "deserving to be loved," 
  • "worthy of love,"
  • "loved very much by everyone.


Well, little Chewie, I don't know how you knew that, but you were dead-on!!!
Source






8 comments:

  1. Lovely post to read and now I agree: Amanda's Day is the right day for the earth!
    I love your result on that preprinted Compass Daisy. I know Hamail but have never used it because it doesn't look nice when I draw it. Yours is beautiful drawn and goes so well with Flux.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my, you are fast, Ria. Thanks so much for the comment on my tile and for agreeing with Chewie. Sometimes the pieces just fall together, don't say. As for the comment on you drawing Hamail...sorry, I simply can't believe you!!!

      Delete
  2. Awesome piece using recycled materials. And, thanks for sharing the info about Amanda.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jean, thank you so much for your comment. Yes, I was happily surprised when I came across the meaning of 'Amanda'. Kids....

      Delete
  3. Wow, your tile is stunning; love the colors and .. no, no more needed it'just right as it is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anne. I am glad you agree to my minimalist approach. Maybe the meaning behind this is "use less" of what we have and still be happy and content.

      Delete
  4. Oh this is great! It looks like a little terracotta pot of succulents. Just charming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! You know, I have quite a cacti collection, but succulents...have to give that weekend flower market a visit. Thanks, HeidiSue, for the succulent tip...and the tile compliment.

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave a message if you have time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...