JellyPages.com

Friday, April 07, 2017

Alphabet Challenge Letter N


This is week 14 in Joey's 'Finish my Tile' Challenge and it is the letter N. As is the norm in my 'creativity' I have to wait two or three days until ideas form in my head. Sort of familiarize myself with the target at hand. Wasn't any different this week with the exception, I shot way past the target this time.

I made the blue tile first. While working on it I realized it was getting more and  more difficult to find the n... or N. Maybe there wasn't ever an N and I completely messed up on the objective. Well, there are no mistakes in tangeling and I am not the first. So here to the blue tile and and narwal hides the low-case n.


Alphabet Challenge Letter N with Patterns: Natti, Narwal, Nzeppel
Patterns: Natti, Narwal, Nzeppel



Above image shows, I cannot draw natti (by Anita Aspfors Westin). I never spent so much time practicing such a simple Zentangle pattern as natti and still cannot draw it. I followed the step-out to a T, but it never looked like all the other natti drawings I have seen. So for the N tile I changed my approach to the pattern and started with 2 long parallel lines.


Step out to tangle pattern Natti - a variation by me
Patterns: Natti by Anita Asphors Westin
Step-out variation by me



Now natti will never be a mountainous barrier to my tangle drawing ability. And below my capital N - clearly visible.


Alphabet Challenge Letter N with Patterns: Natti, Nia Kai, Nesting
Patterns: Natti, Nia Kai, Nesting




Updated the page by adding another n low.


Patterns: Natti, Neuron, Nymph



Link to next Alphabet Letter Challenge: O
Link to previous Alphabet Letter Challenge: M




8 comments:

  1. I never would have found that small n if you hadn't told us it was there. It's such a neat tile and I wouldn't have looked into the negative space! That's a neat interpretation of the step out for Natti. I should say something about the other two tiles but I can't think of a think of words to say! I blame getting old, we old ppl lose things all the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for the awsome comment, Trudi, and great observation. I can see you grabbing the monitor and rotating it. LOL. Count me in on the loss of words and lose stuff ppl, but now I laugh about it and keep on drawing tangles.

      Delete
  2. Every time again, I like how you can "play" with all tangles, also your use of colours is fantastic.
    My favorite is the yellow one, maybe because I didn't know Nia Kay and Nesting but they are drawn so beautiful and also on Natti I see something special that I really like!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Ria, thank you so very much for your splendid comment on my tiles. I often have you in mind when I draw those things, wondering: the yellow? blue? green? And you keep surprising me with your choice.

      I really do love to give tangle patterns a little spin. Then, every once in a while, there is a step-out spin that actually helps me drawing the tangle as in the nutty natti. Now I am no longer jealous of all the guys out there that draw natti so incredible beautiful and perfectly. No, Sir.

      Delete
  3. Your tiles are beautiful and I like your Natti approach.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan. Natti is no longer a red cloth for me.

      Delete
  4. Wow, I am speechless! These tiles are so stunning! So much depth and feeling, really wow! And I am going to add your variation of Natti to my book of tangles, I love the effect that you created alternating thick and thin lines!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your awesome comment on my tiles and that you like my slightly different version of Natti. It was out of desperation that I had to find another step-out.

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave a message if you have time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...