JellyPages.com

Sunday, April 30, 2017

April 2017 Refreshers


I was busy this month with different challenges and Inspirited by... tiles, the refresher tiles suffered a bit. However, I am still ahead of the game, that means, I am still drawing more refresher tiles than are published on Linda Farmer's website. I am slowly, but surely, catching up. What do they say? It's a long way to Tipperary...

Here the first of the month - Refresher #20


Refresher #20 with the patterns Verdigogh, Fish Net, Trimonds, Twistee, Loops
Patterns: Verdigogh, Fish Net, Trimonds, Twistee, Loops



Refresher #150 - I am trying now to draw the latest refreshers as soon as they are published.


Refresher #150 with the Patterns: Pebble Flowers, L Zen 7s, Flapper, Crescent Moon, Helix
Patterns: Pebble Flowers, L Zen 7s, Flapper, Crescent Moon, Helix



Refresher #24


Refresher #24 with the Patterns: Oof, Archer, Sanibelle, Arc Flower, Sugarcane
Patterns: Oof, Archer, Sanibelle, Arc Flower, Sugarcane



Refresher #26 - Two because....


Refresher #26 with the Patterns: Cubine, Looby Loo, Riverstones, Versa, Droplets
Patterns: Cubine, Looby Loo, Riverstones, Versa, Droplets


I tried Ria Matheussen's candle/watercolor base tile, but I made the mistake of being too liberal with the candle. Drawing became rather difficult on the oily candle slicks and I had to abandon the tile. Abandoning this particular tile does not mean abandoning the candle trick.

My candle tile disaster



Refresher #151 - Hereto I used one of my coffee (speak watercolor) stain tiles I made for the IAST 312 challenge.


Refresher #151 with the Patterns: Nzeppel, Tri-Bee, C-Stem, Pineple, Organic
Patterns: Nzeppel, Tri-Bee, C-Stem, Pineple, Organic


Stained tile for Refresher 151
Stained with watercolor and glitter nail polish



Refresher #152 - I am not very fond of patterns like bala, but when I played around with it a bit, I fell in love with it. Why does this green tile has a yellow border? Because I messed up the actual border line, tried to recover it which made it worse... So the scissors came in handy!


Refresher Tangle 152 with Patterns: Pendrills, Fleavy, Gotcha, Wedge, Bala
Patterns: Pendrills, Fleavy, Gotcha, Wedge, Bala




I am not too happy with the results of this month. II will take a deep breath and attack next week's refreshers with a different approach. Hmm... not sure what approach yet, but it is still April.





Click on the image below to visit all the Refreshers I have done thus far in my flickr album.


Tanglepatterns Refreshers






2 comments:

  1. I have never made the refreshers. I don't know why, just didn't think about it...
    You have made a lot of tiles, learned so many new patterns, of course not every drawing is going the way you want but you can be very proud of all your results.
    About the candle/watercolour, I agree there is a bit too much candlegrease on and that makes it hard to draw on,but now you know for the next time.
    Refresher 150 is absolutely gorgeous and my favorite in this post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your very kind comment. I started doing refreshers because I needed finger pointers what to do and hadn't know about challenges yet. So it became my personal challenge and I still have to do a million and one. [Huff, puff] Haven't given up on the candle yet...
      My fav: the base tile for refresher 151. LOL

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave a message if you have time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...