JellyPages.com

Saturday, April 22, 2017

DIVA Challenge 312


DIVA challenge #312 forces me to spill my coffee to create a stain. My mum would have a word with DIVA, I am sure.

Since my spills are never beautiful I got creative and used a 'blending palette" (a trick I saw on Bine's site - but because I don't have the pro tool I used a plastic sheet), spread some watercolor onto it, smeared it around, dipped an upside-down mug into the smear and twisted it a few times. Voila, my coffee spill art on plastic. I pressed my tile onto the mess I created and carefully lifted it off. To quicken the drying process I scattered sand onto the wet stain.

The sand actually sticks on the watercolor, but to be on the safe side, I spilled liquid glue over the sand and let it dry over night. Perfect. Well, I haven't done that yet on this tile, but on a test tile. Ouch, I forgot to take an image prior to tangle the tile.

Patterns used are kensington, meringue, reef, mooka, and leafing.


Patterns: Kensington, Meringue, Reef, Mooka, Leafing
on watercolor stains covered with sand




Update April 24th: I glued my sand texture to the tile, let it dry two days and here is the result. Except of losing a bit of texture and some added smears the glue worked perfectly. The tile is glued into my sketchbook and there is no sticking pages.



Same tile as above, but now with glue added to immortalize
the sand to the tile. 






12 comments:

  1. Very nice composition, made around a special spill that I really like. The use of colours is beautiful as usual and the chosen tangles are drawn very well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for your nice words. Thanks to your email I started to look into DIVA challenges again and this one suited me fine. Am a slow developer.

      Delete
  2. I like this stain and the colors of it. The whole tile is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anne, for visiting my site and leaving your kind comment to my 'dirty' tile.

      Delete
  3. Just wonderful and very creative tile! Great choice of tangles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for your kind words and welcome to my site. The words 'wonderful' and 'creative' point right back to your artwork. I loooove your work.

      Delete
  4. makes me want to touch it! I love the color, and the texture just looks so inviting. Great composition!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, HeidiSue, for your great comment. You can touch it now. I glue-fixed the sand and it will stay there now for eternity and a bit.

      Delete
  5. Oh, my, that is some process you came up with! I love the interesting textured look that you created. Wonderfully creative piece!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! Thailand has lots of beaches with beautiful sand. Coming to think of it, we also have lots of plastic bags lying around...plastic bag texture?!
      Thanks, Jean, for your beautiful words.

      Delete
  6. Genius use of sand! Looks great as always Susie 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Trudi. I go through so much sand all the time, sand is all I can think of: sandal, sandhog, sandbar, sandpit, sandbox, sandfly, sandman, sandlot, sandwich, sandbank, sandworm, sandpile, sandbags, sandsoap, sandshoes, sandarac, sandstone, sandpiper, sandblast, sandaling, sandpaper, sandstorm, sandglasses, sandcrack, sandiness, sandworts, sandalwood, sandgrouse, sandbagger, sandfishes, sanderlings, sandpaintings...

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave a message if you have time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...