JellyPages.com

Thursday, June 15, 2017

Alphabet Challenge Letter X


Countdown Z - Y - X . This week is Joey's alphabet letter challenge #169 - X with the tangle pattern Xs and Orbs and I have done my two entries. I actually liked the X challenge. I didn't suffer the headache I felt with some - or many - of the other letters. Eh...let me rephrase the above: replace 'headache' with 'challenge' and it sounds a lot less painful and a lot more artsy.

So here we have my capital X (obviously!!!). The tangle Xs and Orbs I placed exactly where Joey wanted to have it. So I am proud I can finally call this tile 'halfway' (X is wrong) "Finish my Tile" as is her theme throughout all her challenges and which I at times misdrew. I added xTracto, drawn a bit like half-dragonair and Xav, a simple but great looking tangle.


Patterns: Xs and Orbs, xTracto, Xav



My small x tile has three x's and I replaced the lines in Xs and Orbs with X-ess. Then there is another very interesting tangle, xPerope, that I drew in a circle. I drew a warm-up tile and I have to say, like with Xav above, I really felt in the Zentangle zone, relaxed and without a qualm in the world.


Patterns: Xs and Orbs, X-ess, xPerope



My training tiles


Patterns: xPerope and Xav.




Animal HOTT Zone

I am well aware that my blog is about drawing tangles and being in the zen zone. However, there is another side of me, the one that stands against animal abuse. There are no ZEN zones (or save spaces) for the chicken we eat, the fur animal we wear, and the dancing bear we find entertaining. Their zones are called Animal HOTT Zones (Hell of Thousand Tortures). Watching this video I was ashamed for mankind. They are all LOSERS!!!

Imagine you were one of these chicks...




Animal Happy Day

I had to end my post on a happier note, so here a complete different side of mankind. If only we were all wired like these heroes.






Link to next Alphabet Letter Challenge: Y
Link to previous Alphabet Letter Challenge: W





10 comments:

  1. Your two tiles to the letter X are remarkable, lively, powerful and immensely decorative. The colors are wonderful. The restraint in the selection of the tangles is worthwhile. I myself tend to overload my tiles with countless patterns. Many greetings, Margarete

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much for your wonderful comment. My restraint of tangles is partially due to lack of ideas and size of tile. Your drawings must all be larger than my 9x9cm. Also, your drawings look like they are created for a lovely poem book; mine: for a webpage. :-1

      Delete
  2. Your pink X looks so great and almost like it's made of shiney porcelain! Really great. So how do you get all the coloured backgrounds? Do you start with coloured paper or are you painting them? The little X's are fun looking. I don't watch the videos when I think there is any abuse I can't handle that, mind you I do yell at my neighbour's chickens when they come on my deck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your beautiful comment, Trudi. The pink X is made of plastic, but I prefer your shiny porcelain. 😛
      The paper I draw on is normal note paper and sticky note - training tiles. They come in all kinds of colors and I like that. Different shades are due to time of day photography (by mobile), natural light or indoors or flash, PS manipulation, etc. etc.
      Videos: same here. Enough when I read about it. However, when I want to embed a video on my site, I watch or skip through it to be sure that this is what I want to convey in my message. Trudi, I think I will not cuss at you for yelling at your neighbor's free-range (!) hens as long as you don't bite their heads off. Deal?

      Delete
  3. Sorry, but I am envious of your tiles - they are strikingly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your 'envious' comment, Susan. It really doesn't happen often, but both X's just fell into place without me thinking a lot. Maybe I had a bit of luck they turned out the way they did.

      Delete
  4. Whow! Your Tranzending tile is wonderful! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for visiting and for leaving your kind comment, Anita. I am so glad we have now an official name for this 'transparency' tangling. But do you also think they used a bit of a weird naming? I might have called it 'translucency', but then, that might have been too obvious? Oh well, I am only Swiss.

      Delete
  5. Me too, loves this tile where you have used this magical Tranzending technique. Untill now I didn't try that, but to me, it seems you mastered this new technique.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your very kind comment, Ria. I think if you take a busy tangle beneath and a more subdued tangle as the cover you get a good result, else it might look a bit overloaded or messy. But I may change my mind once I know how the pros do/teach it.

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave a message if you have time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...