JellyPages.com

Wednesday, June 28, 2017

DIVA Challenge 322


DIVA Challenge #322 is a monotangle - we are "Trying Aquafleur". I love Aquafleur, it is organic!, and there are literally tons of different drawing possibilities. Funny enough, I only drew this tangle once before, exactly a year ago (plus 2 weeks or so, who is counting). Then, as now, I cannot just rest after drawing one, ideas just come flooding in.

My first tile is Aqua-Orchid.


DIVA Challenge #322 with Patterns: Aquafleur as an orchid
Patterns: Aquafleur as an orchid



Here I tried to be pointy, so I mixed Aquafleur with Nouvart, Ria Mattheussen's tangle. I didn't know where to put the Nouvart diamond shaped foot, so on one I reversed its place and put it on top and on the others I just have it 'hang out'.


DIVA Challenge #322 with Patterns: Aquafleur, Nouvart
Patterns: Aquafleur, Nouvart



My 3rd is a stippling Aquafleur. Ask me whether I am up to any more stippling...


DIVA Challenge #322 with Patterns: Stippling Aquafleur
Patterns: Stippling Aquafleur



My 4th tile in the DIVA 322 challenge I hurried to get it done because I still haven't started with Joey's letter challenge yet - the last one! - let alone IAST. I tend to add beads everywhere so I needed to make a beaded Aquafleur tile. First I wanted to put the beads on the bands, but that is predictable, I do that all the time, so I made a melee of beads on strings and placed it on the fleur itself. The little white beads are actually tiny LED bulbs, solar powered. Well, it could be...it could be, couldn't it.


DIVA Challenge #322 with Patterns: Aquafleur with a strings of beads melee
Patterns: Aquafleur with a strings of beads melee



And here the ones I did last year. The long red design further down is one I adapted from Helen Williams. If you ever need ideas on how to draw Aquafleur with an umph, visit Helen's website.


DIVA Challenge #322 with Patterns: Aquafleur


DIVA Challenge #322 with Patterns: Aquafleur


DIVA Challenge #322 with Patterns: Aquafleur a la Helen Williams



Animal Happy Day

Pregnant Pit Bull was not alone under abandoned school. 
Thanks, Eldad, you did it again.




Animals Need Help

Whales - Denmark - Sea Shepherd needs your signature.

Whales slaughter in Denmark, Sea Shepherd
picture courtesy Sea Shepherd
A while ago I signed the petition to 


Yesterday I received an update and it says: After receiving over 240k signatures, Sea Shepherd has submitted the petition to the European Commission, which has acknowledged receipt of our request to start infringement proceedings. 

They included links to share the petition:

If you don't have Facebook, like me, click here

During these illegal killings, the Danes do not differentiate between adult, pregnant, or baby whales. Everything gets slaughtered in the most brutal way. Whales are very intelligent mammals - we are mammals, but sometimes I wonder where our intellect has gone. The slaughter of whales in the whole world has got to stop and with a simple signature, you can help Sea Shepherd to succeed!

A huge thank you to everyone who signed the petition.




16 comments:

  1. Your tiles are extraordinary and elegant - I love them :-))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazingly beautiful - all of them! 😍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Miss Nadjezdah, for your lovely comment.

      Delete
  3. It's an Aquafleur Festival. Love them all, especially the angular one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind comment, Megan. Does it show that I like Aquafleur?

      Delete
  4. Wow, those are very many Aquafleur tiles. The 2nd is my absolute favorite, it's STUNNING!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anne, for your very kind comment. The second one is maybe a bit abstract, but I thought if I match it with a 'straight' tangle, Nouvart, Aquafleur has got to adapt.

      Delete
  5. These are all so lovely! The one with Nouvart is quite remarkable 😉

    ReplyDelete
  6. They're all nice, but my favorite is the one with the tiny beads. Did you get Aquafleur out of your system for awhile?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind comment, Suzanne. Yes, maybe for another year to be more precise. 😀

      Delete
  7. I am loving your creative applications and variations on Aquafleur. This is exactly what I hope to see with any tangle. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your very kind comment, Jean. Aquafleur is a perfect tangle to inspire us to think/draw outside of its box. You showed that with your butterfly.

      Delete
  8. Aw Susie, if only you put a little effort into drawing.... right...I think I will go off into a corner and pretend I'm not a slacker....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You made my day, Trudi, and put a big smile on my face (and it is only 9.35am here). So, come out of your corner and get to work on the new challenges this week. I'll keep an eye out for your entries.

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave a message if you have time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...