JellyPages.com

Friday, June 02, 2017

DIVA Challenge 318


This week's DIVA Challenge (#318) made us draw a Diptych tile. Honestly, I had to google it as I had never heard of "Diptych" and this  is what I found:
1. a painting, especially an altarpiece, on two hinged wooden panels that may be closed like a book.
2. an ancient writing tablet consisting of two hinged leaves with waxed inner sides.
Aha! Exactly what we were asked to draw. Wait. Altarpiece? Wasn't there somebody who drew a papel hat? A Mitre? Yes, at Tinkered Art Studio. Perfect.

I hate it when I have to pick my own tangles. So I just used the one we recently used in the IAST 197 challenge - Tint. Yeap, you guessed it, 'lots of ideas' or 'creativity' is not my middle name.

So here my 'Diptych' tangle tile in a setting...


Patterns: Tint, Henna Drum, Tipple



...and here the Diptych flat and open and big enough to detect all the 'mirror' mistakes.


Patterns: Tint, Henna Drum, Tipple




Thai Elephant Happy Day

There is a special place in my heart for elephants. In my IAST challenge 197 page I went a bit further and explained the why and introduced the vet Soraida Salwala. A remarkable vet and my hero, who left an imprint in my head since 1993 when she and Honey, a baby elephant, were in the news.

In this video, however, the ending is a good one when an orphaned baby elephant arrives at a Thai elephant sanctuary in the north after it had been cared for by Soraida's founded first elephant hospital in the whole world - Friends of the Asia Elephant.

Who is Soraida and Honey's story - part 1
Who is Soraida and Honey's story - part 2










14 comments:

  1. Very pretty diptych!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So creative to do a version mirrored in color. Unique and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for your comment using the word 'creative', Jean. Maybe 'a lucky strike' is more likely? 😉

      Delete
  3. beautiful! I like the color variation. really makes it dramatic <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the tangles you ended up with, and I love how you did the mirroring. Laura describing the mirroring with the word "loosely" opened a world of freedom and fun for me, and I think yours is prettier for not being exact.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for your kind comment, Pat, and for reminding me about the 'loosely' description by Laura. I had forgotten all about that. Meanwhile I also think that 'handmade' can be recognized as such and 'handmade' is never 'exactly exact'.😉

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you very much for your kind comment, Sidney.

      Delete
  6. I love your wonderful Diptych. The color in it is beautifully done. I'm glad you included a 'flat' picture as well so we can see all of the beautiful linework.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lezli, for your very kind comment and welcome to my page.

      Delete
  7. Susie, love the way you used colour on one side and black and white on the other outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Trudi. I think I just got bored to repeat the other side exactly the same way. So I used the color and made a few 'deliberate' mistakes so you are not the only one. What are Zentangle friends for.

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave a message if you have time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...